Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Notices

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Old 12-25-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Merry Christmas dear one

The new chickadees are so cute.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties eating LOL maybe this help you lose a few pounds

I bet Jethro teasing you every chance he gets about you not having any teeth and eaten it all up, no pun intended

You know my stance about using pain meds for medical reasons as long as you don't abuse him, or go chasing more after you don't need them than I don't consider that a relapse.

While you having 70° weather it's been pretty cold here and it has been awesome. Last week we had a couple inches of snow but other than that we haven't had any serious snowstorms.

Not much going on this morning, but I'll be going to a meeting up north this afternoon where they're having a Christmas marathon party.

Oh, and when you get the new dentures make sure they fit tight I hate to see you yelling at Jethro and they fly out of your mouth and hit him square in the head

Tell Jethro I said hello.

TB
Old 12-25-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

You know TB? If I didn't know you loved me as much as you do? I'd really be ticked at you for all those nasty comments! You goof!

I tell ya! I looked up movie stars with dentures and it is amazing just how many there are! Once I get these things in my mouth and fitting properly? I'll have a beautiful smile. I'm also rid of the pain and agony I was living with for so many years. I'm truly happy to also be in a loving relationship with my husband. I know he teases me just to keep my spirits up! He knows what I've been going thru with all the misery I was in! When I went to wake him up at 3:30 AM to get ready to go to the hospital? He was standing in the kitchen, dressed and heading out to get the paper! I was like: WOW! He hugged me and said: "Let's get you to the hospital and get you well!" We arrived an hour early for my appointment! LOL

I was really out of it for a complete 24 hours. The feathered kids were so happy to see momma walk into the living room! Especially my girl - Molly! Jethro's really been doing a great job of taking care of the whole flock for several months. I just hadn't been up to doing much of anything due to my dental problems. I'll be glad to get back to living and enjoying life again.

As for yelling at Jethro? That rarely happens! So I'm not worried about losing my teeth! Besides! I bought the super grip stuff to keep them in! LOL It does no good to yell at him. I quickly get the: "You need to STOP now!" and he shuts down. So I speak softly in order for him to have to turn the TV volume down and listen to what I'm saying! It works much better! We've both been married to others that loved screaming at us! It just doesn't bode well in our marriage.

Yes the little chickies are three months old now. Sherry has beat up Brandon several times for his grabbing her feathers. He did it to Molly and feathers were flying off him all over the place. We just keep telling him: "You'll learn!" LOL

Yep! Taking the pain meds has brought back health problems that I was glad to be rid of. Having difficulty breathing and getting sick to my stomach! I can't believe I spent years taking them. I can tell though when it starts wearing off. Nerves right in the middle of my bottom gum line start tingling with the nerve endings hurting. The pain meds are only 7.5 mg Hydrocodone's. Just strong enough to settle the nerve endings and not strong enough to make me sit around feeling drugged up! They also help to settle the pain down I'm having with the right tooth on the bottom. There was a lot of infection in the gums around the tooth beside it. I finished all the amoxicillin I was given when I left the hospital! So hopefully the infection will continue to heal!

It's so foggy outside I can't hardly see the shop in the field! We have a 50% chance of rain today. I hope it holds off until we get back home.

I better get busy getting things done and getting myself ready to go! Jethro is a pro at rushing me out the door! I don't want to run off forgetting something!

Hugs to ya!

TOD
Old 12-26-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

you two make me laugh. welcome back TOD. I knew you couldn't stay around forever!!
Old 12-26-2016, 04:23 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello finaltime! How are you and your daughter doing?

I hadn't planned on staying away forever! LOL TB wouldn't quit nagging me to check in! The little stink! He would have made a good Drill SGT! LOL

Getting clean, being busy getting things done around here, losing Little Maria that knocked us both to our knees, talking with PPL on chicken sites as well as talking with friends from here by other means? Well I've been busy and happy!

I like living my life w/o holding grudges from the past! Holding onto anger will eat you up! I spent years on drugs to counteract those feelings! Instead of getting out of the situation? It just got worse by staying and diving head first into a bottle of pain meds! When I made the decision to get off the pills? I was then freed to make better decisions in my life! I got out of the bad situation and started slowly growing into a more positive person! And yes there were times I had a medical procedure done then was given pain meds again. Ugh! But the desire to be that positive person again helped me to CT off the pain meds again and again!

If a person continues to stay hooked on their DOC? I hope they have someone to make their funeral arrangements! That's where you'll end up! That is if you don't end up in jail first? A guy I graduated school with used some bad drugs years ago. He's been in a Nursing Home for years due to those bad drugs. He ended up paralyzed on one side of his body. He's lost a leg and just found out he's been given 6 months to live. There are several others that have already died due to their drug use! A person can get off their DOC! They can survive w/o it! It can be a battle at times, but it's so worth getting your life back!

I've had my Silkie chickens since 2000! When I reached a point I couldn't care for them in a good way? That's when I made the decision to get my life back on track. That would have been Oct 2005! I was so strung out on pain meds that it took a month to get myself back to a little good health. I'd stand in the living room window looking out at my feathered kids. They'd look back at me and rush to the fence crying to be tended! I'd stand there and just cry! I could barely walk from the living room to the bedroom due to being so weak! My BIL came over each day to tend them since my husband was at work for 12 hours a day! Those/These little feathered love bugs keep me moving in the right direction! They are our kids! Too many have fallen in-love with their DOC. Once we get clean we learn to love others!

The new year is just around the corner! Why not choose to make 2017 the year you turn your life around?

Hi Soberwolf!

TOD
Old 12-26-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Awesome post, TOD. Thank you.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Tod always good to see you x
Old 12-27-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
I hadn't planned on staying away forever! LOL TB wouldn't quit nagging me to check in! The little stink! He would have made a good Drill SGT! LOL

Well I'm glad you're here. You always make my day with your looonnnng posts LOL

You know how much I love to see the pictures of your chickadees LOL especially as their growing up.

Can you believe it's 70° today. That's insane. Thank goodness it's supposed to get back down to the 30s again. I miss my cold weather LOL

love ya
TB
Old 12-27-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

TOD I have always loved your stories. I have a great visual of what your place looks like with your lovely chickens. I have followed you for years. I agree. Lets make 2017 the best year ever. ONE DAY AT A TIME. Only goal for the day to stay CLEAN. I am going to do lots of posting in 2017. Maybe even start a new thread whoooo oh so exciting.

It is 70 here in Arizona. I have the house opened. Did I tell you guys I bought a hairless cat? Her name is Charli and she is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I am allergic and my daughter was sad to leave her two cats behind in China with her dad. We have had her now for 5 months. She is full of energy, sleeps under the covers with me. Loves to play. talks at the window when she sees birds. I am going to pick up a humming bird feeder and a little bird feeder so she can have so more entertainment. I absolutely love being back home. Now that I am here I wonder how the HELL I made it the last 3 years alone in china as a single mom. I did have the help of my ex and his GF though. He is in town now and spending these 2 weeks with our daughter. Which is nice.

So... I am doing good. So excited for2017. Everyday we have a choice.

Sugar if you are reading this love please message me!!!!
Old 12-28-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finaltime View Post
Did I tell you guys I bought a hairless cat? Her name is Charli and she is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
We want pictures please

These are my two adorable furbabies. Every night is the same routine, they would sit there and stare at me until I go to bed LOL

TB
Old 12-28-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I don't know how to post a picture? help please and I will show you my sphinx.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

(((Final))) Instead of going through the excruciating pain of explaining how to post pictures on here LOL I'm going to make a step-by-step video on how to post pictures on here just give me some time.

(((TOD))) Where the heck are you? LOL The new chickadees got you so busy you forgot about us? Or the roosters are not doing their jobs waking you up in the mornings, Is that it? LOL

How's your teeth doing?

Why are false teeth like stars? Because they only come out at night. Hahahahahaha

Love ya
TB
Old 12-29-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
We want pictures please

These are my two adorable furbabies. Every night is the same routine, they would sit there and stare at me until I go to bed LOL

TB
Dang TB! Are you freaking DEAF?

Our feathered kids, well three of them! Start off on the couch sitting on covered ice packs, covered with fuzzy blankets waiting to go to bed. We take them out for a potty run and then back under their personal fuzzy blankets on Jethro's bed they go. They may not wakeup until 1:00 PM, but they may not go to bed until 2:00 AM the night before! LOL As long as there's a light on? The feathered kids will stay awake! Unless they give in to their nodding heads and then under the covers on the couch they go! We get so tickled at their growls and squeals whenever I come into the house from the porch room. Jethro always says: "Get her!" LOL
Old 12-29-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TOD I have always loved your stories. I have a great visual of what your place looks like with your lovely chickens. I have followed you for years. I agree. Lets make 2017 the best year ever. ONE DAY AT A TIME. Only goal for the day to stay CLEAN. I am going to do lots of posting in 2017. Maybe even start a new thread whoooo oh so exciting.

It is 70 here in Arizona. I have the house opened. Did I tell you guys I bought a hairless cat? Her name is Charli and she is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I am allergic and my daughter was sad to leave her two cats behind in China with her dad. We have had her now for 5 months. She is full of energy, sleeps under the covers with me. Loves to play. talks at the window when she sees birds. I am going to pick up a humming bird feeder and a little bird feeder so she can have so more entertainment. I absolutely love being back home. Now that I am here I wonder how the HELL I made it the last 3 years alone in china as a single mom. I did have the help of my ex and his GF though. He is in town now and spending these 2 weeks with our daughter. Which is nice.

I post pictures either by using photobucket or going to my personal page! Do you have a photobucket account?
Old 12-29-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
(((Final))) Instead of going through the excruciating pain of explaining how to post pictures on here LOL I'm going to make a step-by-step video on how to post pictures on here just give me some time.

(((TOD))) Where the heck are you? LOL The new chickadees got you so busy you forgot about us? Or the roosters are not doing their jobs waking you up in the mornings, Is that it? LOL

How's your teeth doing?

Why are false teeth like stars? Because they only come out at night. Hahahahahaha

Love ya
TB
Why should you need time for making a video? You don't work! You got's lots of time. So why isn't it posted yet?

ALL the spoiled chickens keep me busy! The inside kids and the outside kids! But you know what? That's just alright! I'd rather be moving than sitting in a chair slowly withering away!

You asking about the only two teeth left in my mouth? Hmmmmmm? Now if you're enquiring about my temporary dentures? I tried to put them in last night! OMG! First off! The top plate is way too big! Needs a lot of trimming! And once they touched my gum lines on both sides. Holy chit! Painful! Getting those gums shaved back to the bone has left some raw, tender areas. The bottom plate fits good. Just gotta get the wires that wrap around the two teeth left positioned correctly. And BTW?

How RUDE to ask a woman about her dental work!

I told Jethro you said Hello! He replied back with: "Tell "Tired Butt" thank you and Hello back to him!" That's what he calls you because of the TB initials! LOL
Old 12-29-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thank you FT! I tell it like it is around here. The sad, bad, good, exciting and so forth! So what you're reading is the real me! The comedy is really comedy too! We have lot's of laughter around here! I don't do well with liars, make believe or flippant PPL. I mean seriously? Why can't PPL just be honest? Sure it brings pain and embarrassment at times, but it doesn't last long and we don't have to try and remember the lies!

I try to bring positive'ness here to help others see it is possible to get past the drugs and live a normal life! Being clean also helps me to work thru problems in such an easier way. My mind isn't all befuddled with drugs!

I really feel sorry for all those still using their DOC! Sure it takes time to get back on our feet once we give it up! But it's so worth the battle. Worth so much more than the battle trying to get our DOC every day!

I'm not a cat person, but I'm happy there are cats out there for those with allergies! Everyone needs a pet to love on! I bet your daughter is delighted to have Charli in her life too!

I think the reason you were able to stay in China as long as you did is due to all the drugs/alcohol you were using! Those were your crutches that held you up! And they were also keeping you there with their easy access! Now that you're home and away from all that? Life is totally different. Better! You see a reason to strive moving forward in a clean manner! You have your daughter and now Charli depending on you to take care of them! I'm glad you're enjoying your freedom!

TOD
Old 12-30-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Dang TB! Are you freaking DEAF?
Hahahaha I'm not deaf, well maybe a little LOL I just love hearing sports, movies, shows on my 2.1 channel TV base speaker with built-in subwoofer. It beats the boring audio sound that comes out of your TV big-time. The surroundsound is unbelievable. A compact design (as you see in the picture) that sits underneath your TV. Experience virtual 3D cinematic sound with s-force pro front surround technology, and I can stream music, movies, videos in an instant with NFC and Bluetooth from my computer.

The furbabies won't go to bed unless I'm in bed. I have a big basket of their toys in the living room. Sometimes in the middle of night they get up and when I wake up in the morning all of their toys are splattered in the middle of the living room. I gather all the toys put them back in a basket and I repeat this almost every morning LOL It's funny they won't touch their toys during the day but while I'm sleeping they have a ball playing with them..

Why should you need time for making a video? You don't work! You got's lots of time. So why isn't it posted yet?

Well dear, I'm busier than you think. very much LOL Just because I don't work doesn't mean I don't keep myself busy. Between meetings in the morning senior citizen center right after that, three times a week I volunteer at the food pantry. Exercise classes at the church. Then I have my little side business it's called TB uber ride lol So you see my days are always full. Plus, I'm new at this video taking stuff. It's not as easy as just point the camera and record as everyone thinks.

That's why I hate putting on my partials. They hurt when I put them on, their uncomfortable while I have them on, and there real pain in the neck they hurt when I take them out.

Hahahahahaha

Love ya
TB
Old 12-30-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

TB! We have surround sound speakers in the living room. I refuse to use them though, due to the bass sends the kids running for cover! Poor kids!

Jethro just bought himself a 55 in. flat screen a couple months ago. The last lightening strike that gave our place a good voltage surge sort of fried the one we were watching. We just have to use a thick cord of sorts to make it work right. I was sick and tired of looking at that thing, so a new TV was bought! The old one is going to Jethro's shop! He's already got his stereo system cranking in there! Now he can hook the TV up to it for surround sound speakers and a large TV to watch while he's out there. LOL He brags to everyone about his shop! When I catch him bragging I tell him to tell them it's thanks to his wife for making it happen! LOL Everybody knows! It's just a running joke with us! I rarely go out there! It's all his baby! It's been a dream of his for many years to have one! I just made it happen!

That's funny how the cats will destroy the living room while you're asleep! They just go to bed with you to make sure daddy is tucked in and goes to sleep so they can wreck havoc w/o you being aware of it!

Mr. Brandon? When he's on the floor in the living room and I come walking in? He'll drop his wing and start dancing towards me. LOL All the while making the goofy rooster sounds! He's been jerked up more than once by his tail feathers when he attacks my shoes! He quite often misses and gets the top of my foot. He thinks long and hard now before attacking. I tell him to think twice before jumping! Imagine a young man in his early teens full of pissss and vinegar! That's Brandon!

Tasha? Too sweet! She walks up to me and stands there waiting to be picked up! She'll tuck her legs up underneath herself and sit on my chest while slowly inching closer under my chin! And such softness! Run your hand lightly across silk material. That's how she feels! She does so many things that Little Maria did. I told Jethro the other day I think Maria's spirit is floating around Tasha teaching her how to be a good girl in order to receive lots of loving!

Poor Molly is molting right now! She's in her delicate condition is what Jethro calls it! All those pins growing new feathers are painful!

Sherry is clucking her butt off, but still laying eggs. I tell her to cluck as much as she wants to just don't go into set mode and keep laying eggs!

I had to take a break in the middle of this post. Jethro was in the kitchen cooking pork chops and he had put Tasha in her playpen! She was cranking up to start sounding her disappointment at being set down. I walked over and picked her up. She immediately tucked herself into a little ball on my chest. I walked in the kitchen and told her to tell daddy he did a NO NO by setting her down. He just told Tasha: "Momma's a sucker!" LOL I had things to do so I put a towel down on the counter and set her on it. I gave her a little dish of canned corn and she was happy. Does she remind you of another little spoiled hen?

LORDY! A week from today we will be a high of 37 for the day time temps and down to 27 that night. Gracious! I saw Jethro outside cleaning out the pen beside the porch when I got up today. He was using it for a storage area for the rider lawnmowers and a grill. We are going to wrap the sides with plastic, drop a heat bulb in it so the feathered kids can have a warm place during the day to hangout in! Now that he has his shop to store stuff in? I'm going to make sure things get moved into it! LOL

Dentures: Yeah I feel your pain! I WILL get mine to fit and get comfortable with them. I'm getting tired of eating squishy, mushed food! Yuck! I cuss the gum areas for taking so long in healing. The rest of my mouth is okay. I'm ready for teeth in my mouth again! Damn it! Have you tried those denture liners? They are supposed to make your dentures easier to wear w/o all the pain?

Okay! Gotta get busy!

TOD
Old 12-31-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Your story about Jethro's shop brought back memories.

When I was 19 I was half owner of a automotive repair shop. This older guy who was a heavy drinker like me and lived on my block who also had three hot younger sisters my age that I was friends with LOL knew I love to work on cars needed a partner. He was the body and repair man. He painted cars and I was the mechanic who fixed cars.

When we first started the business we had the basic tools. As we started growing the business we invested in buying more tools and equipment to expand our business. Most of the tools and equipment we bought were from the neighborhood junkies. Who would come to the shop with stolen goods desperate to get their fix, they would sell the tools and equipment supercheap..

Now remember this was in the 70s. When In the midst of the heroine epidemic and stolen cars. My partner was known in the neighborhood as the guy you wanted to bring your stolen car to because he was an expert in transferring the tags from one car to another.

For example, let's use the Volkswagen beetle. On a Volkswagen beetle the tags or serial number are under the backseat. The serial number of the Volkswagen beetle are engraved to the body as you can see in this image.

With a fine torch he could meticulously cut out that serial tag and weld another one in and nobody would know the difference. He was that good. Also, if the color of the car someone stole was different from the car the tags came from originally he would paint the car to match the tags.

Business was good, I was packing good money. Around the same time is when I got my 57 Chevy. I bought it without an engine or transmission. I souped it up with a 327 engine with three deuces and 4 speed on the floor. That baby can move.

Anyway, eight months into the business one morning we went to open up the shop to find the locks cut off the door and all the tools and equipment we had inside were gone. You guessed it,, the same junkies that sold us the tools and equipment were the same junkies that robbed us blind LOL

So that was the end of owning a mechanic shop. Right after that I started selling nickel bags half ounces and ounces of weed and tabs of acid at Bryant Park in New York city. Met my first wife who was pregnant with another man's baby got married and when my weed connection got busted I had to find a real job. And you know the rest of my story.

This might be an interesting story for those who read it but for me this is absolutely therapeutic, in the sense I can never go back and make amends to anyone I harmed in those days. Time has passed I have changed. I put this here to clear my conscious and as a remembrance of what I once used to be and who I am now.

I told you about the time I made amends to my high school sweetheart when I found her on Facebook. But I never tell you about my first wife. The one who was pregnant by another man and I got married to. About seven years ago I found her on Facebook. I deliberated for a while whether I should send her a message. Thought about all the awful things I did to her in my active alcoholic drug Induce years. Well I finally sent her a message and boy oh boy was she pissed off at me LOL I couldn't believe how much resentment and hate she was holding onto towards me. On top of her long rant on how much she hated me there was other explicit words In her message that she did not hesitate to share with me LOL Half of the things that she said I did to her to be honest with you I don't even remember.

I waited a few days to let her cooldown to send her a message. When I did, I told her you have every right to be upset with me I was an awful person to you. That I was here to accept full responsibility for the harm I caused you. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me and one day be friends again. She never wrote me back. For six years I would send her a message on Facebook wishing her Merry Christmas. This year I did the same. Well guess what? Yesterday she sent me this message. "You sound like you have grown so much in your life. I am happy to know that you are not the same person. I had some bad memories of us. I would like you to know that I have forgiven you and hope that you find the Lord as I."

I was like holy crap, first of all I couldn't believe that she wrote back to me after all these years, but, surprisingly she's found the Lord. Making amends with somebody that I hurt in the past is a crucial part of my recovery and of the healing process that goes with it. This was a monumental step for me. That I was able to bring peace and closure to a shattered relationships after all these years, is truly a blessing.

From the food pantry I got a pound of ground pork and you know how much I love cooking. So I made pork breakfast patties. They came out so yummy, 10 patties altogether. I froze eight of them, now all I have to do is heat them up in a microwave whenever I'm in the mood to have them.

If it's the last thing I do I got to buy me a new coffee maker. My old single cup coffee maker broke down last month. Cheapskate me bought a $10 Black & Decker 5 cup coffee maker. Not only does it suck big time, the coffee tastes like plastic. I've asked people on here what coffee maker do they have and do they like it but I never got a response. So after researching best coffee maker for under hundred dollars, I think I'm going to go with the Keurig Classic Series K50. I hate the idea of buying the K cups coffee because they're so damn expensive. But, I'm going to buy the K cup replacement filters and use my own coffee.

So what are your plans for New Year's Day? Making anything special for dinner? I'm making lasagna and watching football all day and just relaxing.

Tell Jethro I said hello and happy new year.

Love ya
TB
Old 01-01-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Happy New Year to everyone!

We sat at home this evening! I talked with my chicken PPL! That's always some interesting conversations! LOL I watched one movie and was in the middle of a 2nd one when Jethro interrupted me to tell me there were blue lights flashing at our neighbors! Oh Crap! But it just turned out to be a friend of the guest at their party. He's on duty. He thought it would be funny to pull up to their house with lights flashing and the sirens turned on! Scared the crap out of the wife! LOL

We are going to Mom's today to eat cabbage and black eyed peas! I found this recipe online for a mixture of potatoes, bacon and shredded cheese. I'm pondering on making it to bring with us! It sure looks yummy!

Thanks for the story TB! I'm glad it made you feel better to get it off your conscience!

I saw where the actor: William Christopher: passed away Saturday! He was the priest on M*A*S*H! We've lost so many wonderful PPL in 2016! Just sad! Thanks to the electronic world though? They'll live on forever!

I hope everyone struggling has a much better year in 2017! Lord knows we can all use much happier days!

TOD
Old 01-06-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

We got snow at 1:30 this morning! Not a lot! It's a very cloudy 20 degrees here and we have more snow on the way! It's no problem for me and Jethro! We aren't going anywhere! Cubbard and fridge are stocked! The kids all have plenty of food too! I also planted some trays with grass seeds to grow the kids fresh grass for eating! The little lawnmowers in feather suits get antsy if they don't get their grass to eat. It's going to be 15 degrees tonight!

I helped Jethro put the tarp up around the inside of the porch a couple of days ago! He was complaining about things being in the way. I said: "Well? You keep stacking the crap up here on the porch! I don't like it either!" Well he must have got a burr in his saddle. All of a sudden things were being tossed off the porch to go to the trash! Things got moved around and stacked neatly. WOW! He even took a soft rug and laid it on a chair and told me to take a load off my feet. Then he continued on with his cleaning. I was holding little Tasha, so I sat down and put her on my lap! She kept stretching her neck out to look down at the porch. I laughed and told her: "Yep! There's actually a porch here!" She just made one of her goose sounds! To be so tiny she sure has a very deep voice.

Our old man rooster, Marvin, doesn't like to go out when it's cold or raining. He sits in here in the porch room in his carrier soaking up the heat from the gas stove and watches TV or looks out the window. Can't say as I blame him. I don't like the real cold weather either!

I've gotten a lot of DVDs to watch, so I've been camped out in my chair at my desk watching them. The regular shows are back on again and my DVR has been filling up. I've been watching a lot of those too! I've usually got Molly or Sherry in my arms when I'm just sitting and watching TV. Sherry LOVES to be held and loved on. She'll turn her head from side to side to get kisses on both sides! Molly likes to have me pet her and give her sugars too.

I'm still unable to wear my dentures! So I've gotten very inventive on making food that's soft and easy to eat. I use the red microwave bag to bake potatoes in it. I peel them and put in a baggie to go in the fridge. When I get hungry I take a potato out and cut it up then smash it up. I use the juice from Hormel canned chili to pour over the potato. I then sprinkle some shredded cheese over that and heat it all up. Yum! I haven't eaten any type of bread product since December 14th. I was telling Jethro that and he said he'd find a way to eat bread. LOL Nor have I eaten a hamburger! He is a hamburger eating fool! He'd find a way to eat those too!

It's way past my bedtime!

Everyone have a clean day! Make it happen!

TOD