Old 09-05-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

I wanted to let those PPL know that have listened to my stories about chickens for a few years and enjoyed them?

Our precious little Maria with the huge personality passed away this morning at 6:30 AM! Jethro made her a wooden casket. He wrapped her in one of her little pink blankets and placed her in the casket. He couldn't hardly bring himself to nail it shut. I patiently stood there w/o saying a word while he cried while holding the nail and hammer at the ready! I couldn't stop my tears either!

After he got her casket nailed shut he picked the little box up and held it in his arm like he did Maria! He put her back in the house and then got the tractor to dig her grave. When it was dug he came inside and got the casket. He told me to come on! He put the casket in the hole and then stood there with the shovel unable to cover it up! Finally he started shoveling dirt.

We loved her sooooo much it's a real pain in our chests to lose her! We both will miss every little thing she did. She kept us in lots of laughter and lots of loving! She is the little hen in my Avatar picture!

TOD