Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Notices

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Old 02-24-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

I sent a PM to my dentist office this morning! I need to see if I can get in to see my dentist instead of going in on sick call and getting who knows who to help me out with my dentures. My regular dentist stays booked tight! I don't see him again until the end of next month though! Ugh!

Our little boy Brandon is such a goof! I took him out before putting him to bed this evening and he started doing is sideways dance towards me and I told him: "Come on! Bring it! You aren't going to like the response you get when you try to grab my tennis shoe though!" Well here he comes closer and closer towards my feet! Then BAM! Like a streak of lightening he rushes my shoe, pecks it, then hauls ass across the yard! I just busted out laughing! The dog rushes over to me to make sure momma's okay! I scratched his ear and told him it's your goofy rooster brother acting like a fool again! He sits down beside me and looks at Brandon with the look of: "Why?" LOL This was at 1:00 am by the driveway gate under the light!

I keep telling little Tasha she's as beautiful as our first lady wearing the black fuzzy hat! Tasha loves to snuggle and cuddle with me and Jethro! I love rubbing my chin back and forth on her fluffy soft head!

Time is short this morning! So here's a picture of Tasha with her soft fuzzy head and Molly behind her. Actually her whole body is as soft as her head!

The sky is getting light and I need to hang Jethro's jeans on the clothes line so they can be drying today while I'm sleeping! I hung my bed linen out yesterday and they smell SOOO good!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 02-24-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Oh, they are SO cute!! Thanks for sharing the pic. I so needed a smile today. Your post was awesome, and you sound really good, TOD.
Tasha and Molly look so soft and cuddly. It must be nice, having all of them around. Never a dull moment, I bet!!
I hope you are having a wonderful day.....
Old 02-25-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

No sugarangel! There's never a dull moment around here! LOL You should see my facial expression when my PM doctor asks me: "Are you active around home?" I usually answer with: "We have 4 indoor pet silkie chickens! They see the word SUCKER on their momma's forehead!" She laughs! Then says yeah I see you are very active at home! Yep! Very!

Little Tasha has figured out when Momma's in the kitchen she's going to find out what's cooking. She moves w/o making a sound! She'll end up stopping right behind my heels and standing there. Of course I find out real quick she's behind me when my foot hits her when I go to move. She'll squawk or squeal. Damn it! I snatch her up and apologize with some hugs and kisses. Then I set her on the towel I have on the floor for her to stand on and make her a little dish of something good to eat. She'll eat whatever I give her and then sneaks back over to my feet to stand there silently. I pick her up again and take her to her daddy to sit on his shoulder.

When it's time to eat supper? He sits her on the floor until he gets his plate filled and heads to the table. He spreads a hand towel out beside his plate and sets her on the towel. She gingerly walks over to his plate and eats whatever she likes off one side of the plate. He eats off the other side! When she gets full he puts her back on the floor so she can get a drink of water! I'm afraid she's going to be more spoiled than our little Maria was. She's in my Avatar picture!

The weather here has been really warm with rain off and on! The yard has popped open with all the grass seeds. The large and small chickens are loving it! Jethro planted me four large containers of grass seeds to put in the spare bedroom window. Molly and Tasha think it's candy. They dive into the short cut bowls of grass I clip for them and come up with green moustaches. It's a treat I give them at night while they are hanging out in the living room with Jethro!

Here's you a couple of pictures! I'm standing in the middle of the length of the yard.

Wishing you a good day!

TOD
Old 02-25-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

God, they are so cute I can't even stand it!! lol The story about Tasha eating off Jethro's plate and how sweet he treats her made me laugh. The green moustaches, too!!
I have a dog. she is half Chihuahua and half Jack Russell. She thinks I have sucker written on my forehead, too. I beginning to think she thinks her name is No. Animals totally play us. They got us wrapped around their paws. Or, in your case, beak. Oh, but I couldn't imagine life without them. Pets make your day, don't they??
Anyways, loved the pics and the story.
Hope you are having a peachy day!!
Old 02-25-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Sugarangel: Did you know Silkie's have five toes? When Tasha's daddy picks her up to hold her in the crook of his arm, she wraps one foot's toes around his little finger!

Jethro's also a proud daddy today! Tasha laid her first egg earlier! He wrote out a long list of how she had acted with her confusion on what to do before it happened. Do I eat, drink, get in the hay box, eat, drink, get in the hay box, etc. Then he laid the egg on the list! LOL He's napping on the floor right now and Tasha is underneath my office chair standing between my feet. I gave her hugs and sugars for giving us an egg!

My mom has two chi's! She brings them over with her sometimes and it's helter skelter keeping the little feathered ones away from them. But we've managed and everyone gets along. I just have to watch our large outside dog around the male Chi when he goes out to potty. Of course the little one wants to start the trouble with our large dog and then I have to step in to keep the peace!

TOD
Old 02-27-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hi!!
I wanted to tell you thank you for popping in on the other thread and checking up on me. That was really sweet of you!!
Yeah, I may be going through a lot of crap right now, but I have to tell you how much I enjoy coming here and reading your posts. It is a bright spot in my day, and I love it!! You have a way of telling stories that make me laugh and keep me so entertained. And, I always look forward to seeing pics of Brandon, Tasha, Sherry, and Molly!! They are just the cutest, cuddly little balls of fluff, and they have such personalities!! I just think it's cool that you have chickens for pets and I love reading about them and their antics.

I didn't know that they had 5 toes. That is really interesting. And, congrats on Tasha laying her first egg!! That is so neat!! Do you eat the eggs?? Just curious. I also have underfoot problems with my puppy, too. She is always like right there, next to me, by me, around me!! Jeez, she is worse than a shadow!! But, I love it. Makes me feel loved and wanted. That's what I think is so amazing about animals. All that unconditional love. I sometimes think animals are the only ones capable of that!!
Anyway, thanks for being here, and being a bright spot in my day every day. You really make a difference, and you don't even know it!!

Oh yeah, and p.s.... How are things going with your teeth?? Getting any better?? I hope you are starting to be able to eat more and easier. I do understand what you are going through with the eating thing.
Hope you and Jethro and the kids are having a wonderful day!! Can't wait for your next story and pics!!
Love and hugs.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Sugarangel: I'm sure there are many that wouldn't consider me sweet! But thank you! However I do care and try to help PPL! You had started posting on my Thread so I went to see what was going on with you and your story since you hadn't said anything here! You talk of things that so many of us have been thru before! You aren't alone in what you're going thru! So smile! You aren't an Ugly Duckling floundering in a puddle all alone.

There are many that read my stories! For whatever reason they have! Entertainment, judgement, disbelief, love the honesty, etc. I appreciate the views and I'm glad you posted!

Let's get the dental issue out of the way! I called them late on Monday afternoon. I found out my dentist is out of the office all week. The only time I can get in to see him is late April. There is another dentist that works in his office when he's not there. I can't get in to see her until the end of March! So I talked to Jethro about working on these dentures for me. He said: "Tell me what you need done and I'll do it!" That's my guy for ya! LOL I don't want this shouted out there for wishes, but today is my birthday and I had so wished/hoped I would be wearing my dentures and be able to go out to dinner. But that's not going to happen now. But you know what? That's part of life! And I'm not one to let things get me down! Besides it's a day I celebrate my BD when the 29th isn't in the year I'm celebrating my Leap Year BD!

Okay! Here we go: I was talking by PM with the lady that sent us the two little baby silkies in September! Tasha and Brandon! I was sharing pictures of Tasha with her too. She had hatched out 25 babies and sent Tasha along with the runt Brandon! Our little Maria was hatched a runt, so we were excited to get another one. Only it turned out it was a Rooster, not a hen! LOL But now for Tasha? The lady told me out of 25 babies? I got the beauty that she would have shown in competitions! Oh HELL! LOL She has all the right makings to be a winner! I told her Jethro won't let her off this property, much less take her to a competition! So we have a showgirl after all! I'm glad though! It just makes losing Maria easier to get over! (Don't get me wrong! We miss her badly every day and still shed tears damned near every day)! But men like to brag! So he does a lot of bragging on Tasha.

It's funny though how she does SOOOO many things like Maria did. Maria is still here teaching that little girl all the ways to suck us into her spoiled world. And it's funny to hear her cu cu cu'ing gently when she lands at my feet while I'm standing at the kitchen counter. She LOVES to be held! She's persistent in getting one of us to hold her. But she also knows momma will give her treats when I'm in the kitchen! She'll stand on her towel on the floor eating whatever I give her as long as I'm right there with her!

Brandon thinks he's so smart! Jethro has several concrete blocks by the railroad post at the driveway gate. I now activate the light at the gate and set him on the other side of the blocks when I take him out. He immediately turns to nail me and crashes into the blocks instead! ROFL

He'll walk off and immediately find something to start the rooster call. "Come here hens! I found something good to eat! Come get it so I can mount you!" I ask him: "What 'cha got? Little Man!" Oh my God he gets cranked up! He'll pick it up and then drop it over and over! Then he'll sidewinder my direction and I tell him: "Think twice young man!" I take one step towards him and he takes off like a wild animal being chased. He keeps me laughing in his goofy crazy antics and sounds!

He'll go up on the porch by himself now after I walk to it and tell him to jump! He'll dance across the porch to the backdoor and wait for me to open it for him. He jumps up on the step and then into the house! All the while rooster talking! I walk in behind him, lock the door, turn the porch light off and then pick him up with both hands. He does this weird excited growl like something just caught him. LOL Jethro's in the living room and hears it. He says: "What are you doing to my little man?" I'm snatching feathers off his ass dear! Don't worry about it! Then I carry him to daddy and place him in his lap! Brandon snuggles up to him and puts his head under his chin and starts telling him all about his outing and how momma treated him. Males!

Tasha's eggs are edible. She's now laid her 2nd one! They'll be going to my mom! Mom uses the little eggs to make a small skillet of cornbread for herself. We have the two large hens outside that give us two eggs a day too! We don't eat a lot of eggs, but it's nice to have fresh free range eggs when we do!

Gotta get two pictures posted for ya!

TOD
Old 02-28-2017, 03:34 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Tasha the showgirl!

Here's Brandon in one of his sidewinder poses!

TOD
Old 03-03-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Awesome pics and story!! I always enjoy them so much. You manage to make me smile every time!!
Thank you.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:19 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Well lookie, lookie! I see TB came around and read the page. LOL Good to see ya friend! Stop by more often!

I've been busy! Storms have had my sleeping hours all screwed up to. We are all safe here! Only heavy rains!

This is what I was doing yesterday! Spent all day with a rake in my hand raking the damned gumballs up so my feathered kids don't hurt their feet on them. Then I tackled clearing out a pen that was being used for odds and ends. What a chore! Tons of wet leaves from last fall were in there as well as all sorts of stuff that had to be moved to other places. A large piece of lattice work had been tossed in there from whenever. It was in pieces or rather a jigsaw puzzle to be put back together. I took it to the burn pile. In the middle of raking gumballs and getting ready to send a pile flying in the air? Little Miss Tasha walked over to me and stood at my toes. "Do you see me Momma? It's time to go in!" I almost sent her flying along with the gumballs. I take her inside only to have her want back out, because me or daddy weren't inside yet to hold her. Daddy had spent the day in his shop making her a nice tractor pen. (For those that don't know? It's a moveable pen that has wheels on one end so a motorized thing can be used to pull it to a fresh grass area)!

So I end up holding her with one hand while helping my husband push a go cart to another spot. She was super content in my arm. When we got the go cart moved I looked at her and asked her: "Did we do a good job?" LOL I sent her inside with her daddy and I went back to work. I put up several lights so I could see areas I was working in. I had the Sirius XM radio playing good music and I just kept going. When I reached a point I was stumbling over my feet I called it quits! I got a LOT done yesterday and it's nice to walk outside and see it done!

Jethro is beyond himself over Tasha wanting Momma to pick her up all the time. Following me around the house, around the yard too. He'll say: "Oh I see how it is? Tasha isn't a daddy's girl? She wants Momma all the time?" LOL Well Momma is the one that clips her cut grass from the pans in the bedroom. Momma is the one that spends hours outside with her. It's either - She follows me around the yard until she stops due to finding something good to eat. Or she runs up to me and passes me. Then it's: "Momma keep up if you can? I'm exploring the yard!" This feathered child is going to run my old legs plum off my body!

Brandon is a real clown. Hubby and I get to laughing at his antics whenever I walk into the house. He goes nuts in his carrier. Growling, scratching at the hay to make me a nest, etc. Jethro gave him some bread pieces this evening he was eating for supper. OMG! The boy went nuts picking up piece by piece and trying to get me to come take it! LOL While talking to him, I coughed. He growled like a cougar! He's a real knuckle head!

Jethro just told me we have two bad warnings from a storm headed our way! So I'm going to close now.

TOD
Old 03-16-2017, 02:40 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

I've been buzzing around the house like a bumble bee doing some cleaning. The family is arriving Saturday to do some log cutting and splitting. Then loading it all onto trucks. My neighbors huge oak tree was hit by lightening. The county paid someone to take it down. Jethro walked over and asked if he could have the wood? They were delighted he asked for it. It was going to the dump! The wood will go to my Mom so she can use it in her woodstove!

I told my sisters Jethro will smoke some pork ribs in the smoker. My younger sister asked what was for LUNCH? LOL Then she said: "Surprise them!" They will probably get pizzas delivered!

I'm so mad at myself! I took all my glass carousel horses out of the corner hutch to wash and clean. Be damned if I didn't snap off a small piece on one that is beautiful! My daughter gave it to me 13 yrs ago for a Birthday gift. Sigh! I'll ask Jethro if he can glue the piece back on for me? Sigh!

I've been sneezing my head off stirring up the dust! I'm using a rainbow vacuum which doesn't allow any dust to fly out of it. It's got water in the bottom of it where the dirt and stuff goes to. Nothing escapes that sucker!

Little Tasha had a hard time yesterday laying her egg. Jethro woke up this morning, Wednesday morning, and found an egg on her bed. He said: "It was like getting breakfast in bed delivered!" LORDY He also said: "She had crawled out of her bed to snuggle up against his warm body in the middle of the night! Ahhhhhhhh

Little Sherry is still setting on fake ceramic eggs! I called my neighbor across the street to see if she'd get her two babies to raise and then take them back after she was done playing mommy? And she was elated to do this! LOL So hopefully within a week Sherry will have two babies to raise? She said: "My kids will love having two babies to care for!" She has six kids to love on them! They can also visit her and the babies while they are here!

Okay! It's shower time and then hitting the bed so I can get up and start on house cleaning all over again.

TOD
Old 03-16-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Oh, I just love coming to your thread and reading your stories!! They always make me smile!!
I laughed out loud when you talked about Sherry and the ceramic eggs. That is super cute!! And Tasha laying that egg and Jethro's response?? Hilarious!! So, does this mean you are going to have two new chicks soon??

I wanted to pop in, too, to tell you thank you for what you wrote on the hydro thread. It was so sweet of you to check in, so to speak. I also loved your idea for the baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese on top. That sounds so good, and I have all the ingredients, and I was thinking about having that for dinner. I have been eating a lot of soups, and rice with all kinds of sauces and mushy veggies on top. Lots of chili, too. So, it would be nice to have something different for a change. Great tips!!
You sound really good, and like you're staying pretty busy. That's awesome!! I am glad you are doing well, and I took your advice, and have been cleaning one little section of my house at a time. That was a great tip. I don't feel so overwhelmed, and things are actually getting done!! Can you believe it?? I am actually out of bed and cleaning. Without pills. That, my friend, is a miracle in itself!!
Happy Thursday to you, Jethro, Brandon, and the girls!!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Girl you don't know the half of it as far as cleaning right now! And that's 2nd to taking care of the critters around here! My bad knee gets me good at times when I'm stepping down or up! Hurts like a mother! I just go drink more cactus juice. It eventually settles down!

Wouldn't you know it? Little Miss Tasha started clucking today! Sherry is teaching her bad habits! I told Tasha there's NO WAY I'm having two of them setting at the same time. Besides? Tasha's only 6 months old and that's a young baby girl in my eyes! When a hen starts clucking and you don't want them to sit? You're supposed to put them in a wire cage so they stay cool and that's supposed to break their mood! I laughed when I read that! They freaking sleep on towel covered ice packs at night for Heaven's sakes! I guess I'd have to sit them in the damned freezer with the door open to cool my girls off? Geeezzz

Every time I go outside I'm having to pick up stray gumballs from the winds blowing them out of the trees! There's just never an end to picking those prickly things up off the ground! I'd have that huge tree cut down if it wasn't for the amount of shade it provides during the 102 degree temps in the summer!

Jethro looked at me yesterday like I'd lost my ever loving mind when I came at Molly's feet with a can of hair spray! He incredulously asked: "What the hell are you doing?" I said: "I've tried multiple times to get rid of the damned leg mites, so I'm trying Bed Head hair spray this time!" I keep him on his toes wondering what the hell I'm doing around here! LOL Of course Molly wasn't too thrilled with having her toes sprayed with sticky hair spray either! After spraying her toes and setting her down. She stood there frozen in place. Then she started walking like she had high heels on! LOL PPL out there are using freaking WD-40 on their chickens legs and feet for Pete's sake. How is hair spray going to hurt her?

You're welcome on the potato suggestions! You can put chili juice on it along with some cheese too! Fry some potatoes with onions diced up in it. Cover it while you cook it on low to keep them soft! If you like collard/turnip greens? Cook some of those and make a pan of cornbread! Pour the juice over the cornbread along with the greens. It's all soft! Pot of brown beans goes good with cornbread too! I've been eating soft food since Dec 14th! I've gotten super inventive! LOL

Okay! Back to cleaning! I've had multiple calls from the family about Saturday's gathering! Gotta get busy so it's all done!

TOD
Old 03-20-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

My chicken can beat up on your chicken LOL

Am I the only person wondering why this chicken is so damn big ?

What's up dear one? How's everything in your neck of the woods?

Love ya
TB
Old 03-21-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

lol!! That chicken is huge!! Made me laugh.

How you doing, TOD??
Old 03-26-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

TB: That's certainly some large Brahmas! I've seen the video several times now! LOL There's actually a video out there with two Roo's and two hens in it! And another video with a Roo larger than this one! Thanks for sharing here so others got to see it! There's no way in hell I want a chicken THAT size here on my property! I bet they'd make someone a good guard Rooster though? LOL

Jethro was at my mom's house early yesterday morning! We had some really high winds with heavy rain come thru around 11:00 pm! Jethro told me to load up we were heading out due to Tornado warnings. I put Sherry with her two babies in a carrier and then I picked Molly up and out the door we went. Jethro already had Tasha and Brandon in the truck. I put Sherry's carrier in the front seat and sat Molly down between me and her carrier. Molly burrowed down deep between my leg Sherry's carrier and stuck her head underneath the large towel I had. That girl loves these snuggle events!

Brandon was ecstatic to have his momma so close to him. He was acting goofier than hell carrying on a conversation with himself trying to make out with momma. I told Jethro: "Who needs entertainment when you have Brandon?" We both just started laughing! At night after I put him to bed in his clothes basket I lay my hand on top the blanket to pet him to get him to settle down. That goof gets so excited he does his business right then and there on top of his covered ice packs. I told Jethro he does this and he didn't believe me! So tonight I had Jethro put his hand on his blanket so he could also feel what he does. Jethro walked off shaking his head calling him a knuckle head! LOL

Here's the two Barred Rock babies! The one on the right has a little food on it's beak.

Here's Sherry with them!

Here's how I managed to get them!

We got little Sherry 2 barred rock babies this past Thursday! She is a happy, happy, happy Momma right now! She's such a good, gentle Momma too! I've been lifting her to let the babies get out to eat and drink. She's so proud of them she tries to keep them covered all the time. The little stink! I take her out three times a day now so the babies have that time too to eat and drink. She does quick potties while following me around the yard clucking, stretching on her tip toes looking for her babies. As soon as I take her in to them she immediately scratches in the hay to make a spot for them to get back underneath her. And that's what they do quickly. If they come out on their own? She leans on her side raising her wing up and down trying to coax them back underneath her. She's a mess!

She also was the surrogate Momma to the two Silkie babies we got from someone in LA to help us heal after losing our precious Maria. Little 6 month old Tasha has also gone into set mode. Ugh! She too will be getting two barred rock babies after she's sat on fake eggs for 21 days. When the two Mommas are done with playing Momma? The youngsters will go to my sister. Knowing my sister? We'll probably get them back years down the road to retire here! That's fine with me and hubby!

I called TSC and Farmers looking for barred rock babies. Come to find out they aren't sexed! Ugh! And I had to buy 6! Not what I wanted to do. So I called my chicken man with the small backyard hatchery and asked if he had barred rocks? He was hatching some in two days. YAY! I told him I would have to buy 6 from the other places and I knew he sold them one at a time! So I made a deal with him. I offered to buy 6 and he keep 4! If one of mine turned out to be a Rooster he is going to let me swap one for a hen! YAY! And THEN my sister sends me a text saying her husband wants a Rooster after all! So Tasha will get a hen and a Rooster to raise! He said: "The hens have a white spot on top of their heads" so hopefully I'll get 3 hens and 1 Rooster to give to my sister!

Mom had a large tree come down along her fence line on the other side of her property. It brought down a bunch of her fence and lots of vines as it landed across her driveway into her yard. Her two neighbors came over to start cutting it up. My cousin and his wife came over and my older sister did too. Her town was hit hard with strong winds. Lots of trees and power lines were down all over the roads. Jethro had to tell the fire department he WAS going to his MIL's and to be let thru. That's my husband! LOL She also had a lot of shingles pulled off her roof too. Mom put Jethro in charge of dealing with the insurance company. She was left with a huge pile of debris in her front yard. There will be somebody called in to remove it.

Brush pile.

TOD
Old 03-26-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome pics x
Old 03-27-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

hey sugar hope your still clean and sober just giving u an update im 62 days clean of of opiates and all the other stuff
Old 03-27-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Awesome pics x
Hi there Soberwolf! How are you doing?
Old 03-27-2017, 07:40 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by godsdrummer209 View Post
hey sugar hope your still clean and sober just giving u an update im 62 days clean of of opiates and all the other stuff
Hi godsdrummer! That is fantastic news on your clean time! A big thumbs up to ya!

TOD