Old 12-25-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

Wanted to drop by and tell everyone Merry Christmas and to have a Happy New Year!

I read a few of my last posts and see I need to update on a few things! I hate to leave PPL wondering!

Our little runt Brandi turned out to be a little Roo which we named Brandon! He's going thru the hard knocks school of being taught to behave himself. Now that he knows he's a little BOY! LOL He's no longer the little runt! He's a big boy!

The bigger chick turned out to be a little hen! Tasha is super sweet, very soft to the touch and loves our attention we give her! Brandon is also a sweet little boy, when he's behaving himself! He'll learn! I've had too many little Roo Silkies go thru this before! Tasha prefers to spend her time away from him, can't blame her! He's snatching feathers every chance he gets! So we've started separating them during the day. They are still close to each other, just not in the same enclosure! They still sleep together under their fuzzy blanket though.

December 14th I had all but two teeth pulled! Yeah! Not fun! The bottom two teeth were left as anchors for my bottom denture. Yes I was given pain meds. And thank God I got them. I really don't think I could have had a good outcome w/o them. Besides the teeth being pulled I had the top gums shaved back to the bone on both sides. I'm not having any issues with going crazy taking the pain meds. I had 2 yrs, four months clean when I had the surgery! I have a few pills left and will be okay when they are gone! I don't consider this a relapse either. I had a major surgery! Pain meds were needed. Now if I were to run out and start collecting pain meds any way I could to take them after these few are gone? Yeah! I'd consider that a relapse. My battle will be getting the temporary dentures to fit so my permanent ones can be perfect when they come out of the frame! I'll be showing up at my Mom's house Christmas Day w/o the dentures in my mouth! Should be fun dealing with everyone teasing me. That's just how my family is! We don't let anyone sit around pouting over things. I have broad shoulders! I can take it! And besides! Paybacks a "B"! LOL

I had to have this procedure done due to my gums getting severely infected! I've tried to always take good care of my teeth. The thousands I've spent on them should attest to that! But the worse the infection got and the misery I've lived with for years just did me in. I had reached a point I just didn't want to do anything, go anywhere, etc. Most of my top teeth had gotten so loose I had to be really careful while eating and choose wisely what I ate or they'd fall out in my mouth! I finally gave up and had them pulled. I've been working on losing weight for a long time, but this is NOT the way I wanted to go about it! To give you an example? Take a piece of corn kernel in your mouth and try to mush it up with your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Can't do it can you? Well neither can I and I have no teeth to chew it up! Everything has to go in a mixer to puree' in order for me to eat it. Ugh! I wanted a taco so badly the other day that I put the whole thing in the mixer and ate it that way! Jethro cooked himself a couple of hamburgers a couple days ago. Oh Man! They smelled SOOOO good! Sigh! Mom made me homemade potato soup! I had to smash the little diced potatoes up in order to eat it.

We were sitting at the table eating. Well he was eating! I was spooning mush! I asked him if he'd gotten the sunflower chips for the kids? I couldn't get the word sunflower to come out just right though! I finally said: "Damn that's a hard word to pronounce!" I looked at Jethro and he was doing his damndest not to bust out laughing! I smacked him on the arm and then I started laughing too! I told him: "Go ahead! Laugh! Your days coming! Paybacks a "B"! He laughed even harder!

Jethro started working on his shop a few days after Maria passed! He was a man bent on a mission! I left him alone. He was dealing with his grief in working. I was dealing with my grief in my own way! He's pretty much got his shop set up the way he wants it. I keep telling him he's still got stuff in my porch room and in the house that needs to go out there. He says he's not going to clutter his shop up! Okie Dokie Buddy! He's going to find that stuff on the doorstep of his shop or his barn. He can choose what to do with it! LOL Once I start feeling better and can bend over to pick stuff up, w/o my mouth throbbing like crazy? I'm going to start moving things around here. The back porch has a lot of stuff on it that's been waiting on the shop too! Well it's here now and all that stuff's going to be moved too! Let's just say Jethro isn't going to be too happy with me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day! We'll be celebrating with family. The weather temp here will be 70 degrees! So many others are having snow! I just have to say we can't have everything we want. I can't control the weather!

Stay Clean! Enjoy your sobriety!

TOD