Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 55

Old 04-29-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

good morning Dear Rev!

I love dangly earrings. I can't really wear them too much at work, not very professional but I do wear them off duty and always at home. check out the thrift shops for these. I got a bunch there. Most of the jewelry I own is just costume. I do have some very nice pearls but won't were them to work.

It's supposed to get up to 92F today! I'm leaving in a few hours. sigh.

glad to know Mots and Tiger are slowly getting acquainted.

OK, must start scraping it together for more fun in commerce.

Love to my lovely hens and roostas.

Lenina
Old 04-29-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Ok..Ms Dangles (LeeLee) about your 92F...we had snow the other night and
the robins are doing their absolute best to give us a cheerful message ..tweeting~~
not on a gadget thou..just plain old sing song stuff..

chicorina..if you were a mouse in my house..you would be fat and sassy..although
hubby doesn't take well to mousie's..you would do well as a spider..as he has a tender
heart for them..oh I would welcome you..to do your best to take recipes that change
every time they are done..you would see how I love the food..yet cannot ever get
a straight answer...You have a creative mind..you could make a blanket that would
Rock! A hodge podge blanket is what I'm thinking..you know you could throw it any
where and it would just cuddle you up! My friend is doing a jean quilt...she goes for
pockets and zippers..it is quite unique..
I laughed as
her girls are tiny..so I gave her some of hubbys old ones and she was smiling end
to end..she said bigger is better..they are size 0 and size 6..laugh out loud!!!!

Amy..it will all come together...I am so happy you have your own space and home.

Venus..glad about your dad..it is difficult due to his age..goodness..he has an inner
strength that's for sure.. hugs dear girl.

Tb..as always wanting the best for you..

Jay..Live..Norty..and all just hugs..

lauren
Old 04-29-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Seems everyone here is dealing with difficult things and I do care about each and every one. I have just been here in the background waiting to see how things develop and wishing for the best.

The storms seem to have skipped over and/or around us. I saw video of Memphis and read of storms in North Carolina..Memphis being west of us and NC is east. We had about 15 minutes of hard rain and small hail.
My modest primary residence was destroyed in a tornado in Oklahoma a few short years ago. I got a FEMA check that allowed me to choose where in the US I wanted to relocate to. The NW was too expensive and the Pacific too cold...so after much research I chose here. I still like my choice, tho the mountains are prettier just a bit east in NC, in any case it is a short drive to the blue ridge parkway which is lovely. The state line for Tennessee and Virginia run right down the middle of main street.
Amy is familiar with *******. We have a lot of entertainment for a small town. It is known as the home of country music but here it is more bluegrass than the current popular country music. We are within 10 miles of the great Smokies national park. So, many attractions and events nearby. This year I hope we will venture out more. So far I have spent any extra dollars on the remodeling, but getting out for a bit of adventure would be magnificent. Good for the soul.

big hugs to all HH'ers and best wishes with your individual concerns.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Lauren,

a friend of mine makes T shirt quilts! she was showing me some pics, very interesting! And a perfect way to repurpose those vintage T shirts we just can't part with!

Ill be back tonight. Expect plenty o whines as my schedule has been reinvented for me. sheesh.

much love from Lenina
Old 04-29-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Aunt Phyllis did a quilt of really old lace doilies on earth tone fabric quilt and I loved it.

We have another round of storms coming through, on and off through tomorrow, so will hope it's just rain and wind again. I didn't sleep very well with the wind howling and the alarm on my app went off about 2am.

Sending love to all of you. The OTC stuff I got for arthritis seems to be helping, so need to start taking advantage of the stairs here as well as treadmill and exercise bike.

Getting a bit nervous about more work, but rent is paid through June and I'm nowhere near touching the money in my savings so I need to stop worrying!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-29-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

Have a wonderful day everyone! Make something shine today!

TOD
Old 04-29-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

For those of you that have heard my stories about UMP? His 4 yro granddaughter is recovering in the hospital from open heart surgery. She had a hole in her heart. She is doing well and expected to be released in a few days.

Still no word on the sale of his property either. Was out a little while ago with the beamer and saw two deer bedded down in the far back field on UMP's place.

TOD
Old 04-29-2014, 11:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

OH TOD ~ that poor baby girl. But the fact that she is recovering is good news.
I can't remember if you want the sale to go ahead; I guess UMP does.
Hope it happens soon for him.

Love V xx
Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Venus! The property was foreclosed on. UMP won't receive anything from the auction. The bank will get it all. I've stressed many a day and hour over who our new neighbors are going to be!

Just heard from Norty! I hope she posts the news she told me! There's going to be a party!

TOD
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Now I remember TOD...the stressing over the possible neighbours part. But I forgot that it had been foreclosed. Very sad.

Whatever Norty's good new is, I'm happy for her.

V xx
Old 04-30-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Got tired of texting back and forth with Norty! So I called her! She said to go ahead and let y'all know her good news!

She was awarded her SSDI today! Whoo Whoo!!!

TOD
Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Oh WOW; that is awesome news TOD!!!!
Thank you so much for telling us.

Congratulations Norty love!!! Finally things are going your way. Just fantastic. ♥

Love V xx
Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

After waiting eight nerve racking days I finally got good news late yesterday, no cancer. What a relief. I have first stage of cirrhosis of the liver. With the proper diet and hopefully not to far down the road the I can start the hep-c treatment I should have a few more years of life.

How soon I can start the hep-c treatment depends on the outcome of the prognosis of my knee. You know the drill already. I need two operations. If the infection in the knee can not be controlled then there is a very high chance the leg has to be amputated. I am waiting for the referral for the second opinion.

I went to my primary doctor late afternoon yesterday and he sent me to the emergency room. The hole I have on my kneecap got so infected it turn into a ugly swollen painful boil. Had it drain and sent home with more antibiotics. I’m taking one day at a time, my biggest fear is over now at least anything else that comes my way is a piece of cake.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hmmm. It still sounds like one heck of an ordeal TB. You are very brave.
I'm glad that you will be able to start treatment for the Hep C.
Don't know what stage one cirrhosis means...is it reversible?
Glad the infection on your knee is being treated.
You are going through so much love ~ wish we could do more to help.

Sending you massive amounts of love.

V xx
Old 04-30-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Tod that is good news about Umps granddaughter. that she is recovering and going to be fine. how frightening that must have been for them. kids , bless them, do not deserve to be sick.

wonderful news for NOrty! Thank God finally she has something good going on financially for her. Life has been so tough for her, and I sure hope it gets easier now. and she gets well.

TB... so good to know there is no cancer. and yes, whatever else, you will survive and live to appreciate another day. thats how you roll, my friend. you are truly an inspiration. tell us more when you can, about your treatment , the cirrhosis, and your leg. if you wanna. we are here and love you.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Regarding Ump's grandaughter, I cannot but help recalling what Noah said when he woke from his: "This is the best day of my life. I am fixed now."
His scar is barely visible already.
She will have more energy & etc very soon.

Absolutely thrilled with Norty's news. This well could mean she is eligible for medicare and medicaid too. Her backpay should enable her to pay deposits & etc for a home of her own. huah! the stinky part is that it is based on earned income and when you have been unwell or working lower paying jobs. it really hurts on how much the monthly SSD is, but it will be at minimum $600/month, however she will probably get almost free health care.

TB, I am glad you got sent to the ER and some treatment for that knee started. Did they give you any idea when they might get you in for the first surgery? So very very glad that the biopsy has freed you from the worry of cancer. Very glad.

All the quilting ideas all sound delightful, I am especially intrigued with the lace one.

Lauren, your lasagna and jams make me drool. Neither one of us likes to cook.
We just love eating. lol
I cooked and canned and froze while raising the children but being single for many years later, cooking for one, well I was not interested. or I had bfs who did the cooking. The xabf would give me my choice of 3 menus each morning before he went to work. yep, spoiled.

Chicory, you are such a lovely lady, I do hope that peace in your home is in your near future, however that should come to be.

Lenina, I am sorry your schedule has been disrupted. I know I don't like the way that feels unless I am the one who made the changes. Not as resilient about such things as I used to be.

Amy, like you it was looking like we were going to have to go straight from furnace to a/c which upset me quite a bit. We need to be able to open doors and windows and turn on the ceiling fan to get some fresh air and a break from the high electric bills, so I was very happy that our forecast now is nice and mild for the next few days. I do keep a window unit running in the bedroom because I like to sleep in a chilly room and like the white noise. At least it is an energy saver model we bought new with my backpay.

TOD, I took your advice to make something shine. This old hippy shaved the winter fur off her legs. LMAO! There's been a joke going around on FB about spring being here and feeling the breeze thro your leg hair.
I wanted to be able to wear my knee length cooler casual dresses.

Amy, I am sorry you have those nephews to concern yourself with. It's more than annoying to have to deal with addiction and all the crap that comes with it when you have tried so hard to eradicate it from your life.
I lost a lot of friendships/relationships with my zero tolerance policy. I know I hated it when my x's stepson got out of prison and resumed his crack addiction and all the drama and thefts and etc and then to learn at the end that my x had been hiding an affection for alcohol that he had hidden rather well as long as I was working and prosperous.

Jay, you are ever on my mind with your dilemna.

David seems to be suffering from allergies, constant headache and still coughing a bit. no fever.

hugs to Venus!
and to all HH'ers.

love,
T
Old 04-30-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

TB: I'd do flips for ya if I wasn't so fat, old and broken! This will have to do!

I was elated when I got the text from Norty! She laughed when I told her I had told the HH there was going to be a party! That's when she told me to go ahead and tell y'all the good news. She doesn't have access to a computer too often. Might though for a week in the future. We'll watch for her to post! As for the amount she is receiving? She said any amount is better than nothing! She's lived with zero dollars for months now and can survive now with what she has coming. There will be other benefits coming now that she's been approved! She knew/knows how much I've tried to help her and understands my ways of doing it. She didn't see any of it as being harsh or pushy!

Live: OMG! Warn us from now on to put our cup down we are drinking from before you talk of this thing you made shine! I cannot stand prickly legs! (And I very rarely wear anything w/o pant legs!) I keep them shaved at all times! Goat milk soap and five blades on a razor will keep them nice and smooth! I'm going to have to change into a dry T-shirt now! LOL

It's dark and cold here today. A cool 59 degrees. I'm grateful for our new Central Air system! It's had a workout between the cold and hot days. I keep the filter changed often and vacuum any dust off the outside vents of it. Oh WAIT! The sun just popped out from behind the clouds. YAY! Can't hardly get outside though for any length of time because of the bugs that are swarming! They go for the eyes and inside the nose. That includes the chickens too! They are constantly scratching their head areas. So the vanilla spray is used often for now. I had several trays of grass growing in here and finally got tired of dealing with the small obnoxious bugs floating around from them. I took them outside and now the bugs are looking for a place to land.

Okay! It's time for me to get moving and make something shine! Besides a jungle! Lordy!

TOD
Old 04-30-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

huge grin, well now I am proud of myself if I made you spit your drink. roflmao

I'll have to dole out some of my other eccentricities over the long haul.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Yay for Norty!!!

TOD - Glad the little one is doing well and I'm sure Ump is relieved.

TB - glad for no cancer, but sorry for what you are feeling with on your knee. Saying prayers for more good news.

Live - I don't think the nephews will bother me. The one dummy sent other texts to Bev and pretty much admitted to being s drug dealer. That won't go over well if it ever comes out in court.

Venus - we have half the carport full of stuff for the kidney foundation to pick up tomorrow. Unless they have a BIG truck, it won't all fit.

Chic - I know this is one of your busiest times of the year at work for you, so hope you are getting some rest.

Jay, Lauren and everyone else - lots of love.

Mr. King snake came back today and I was on the deck and still jumped. Bev went out and got him to go behind the fence of the yard.

It's windy and dark, but tonight is supposed to be the end of bad weather for a while.

Huge and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-30-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

(((amy))) so glad that your weather is calming down. what a sad sad thing for so many. horrible flooding too. prayers have been said for those who are suffering, and who lost someone.

thanks for thinking of me, too. it is very busy, you know how it is. but , I get a bit stronger when I have to lift so much and walk so many miles.

Norty, stop in say hello girl. we are very happy for you. love and hugs
chicory