View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Live

Seems everyone here is dealing with difficult things and I do care about each and every one. I have just been here in the background waiting to see how things develop and wishing for the best.

The storms seem to have skipped over and/or around us. I saw video of Memphis and read of storms in North Carolina..Memphis being west of us and NC is east. We had about 15 minutes of hard rain and small hail.
My modest primary residence was destroyed in a tornado in Oklahoma a few short years ago. I got a FEMA check that allowed me to choose where in the US I wanted to relocate to. The NW was too expensive and the Pacific too cold...so after much research I chose here. I still like my choice, tho the mountains are prettier just a bit east in NC, in any case it is a short drive to the blue ridge parkway which is lovely. The state line for Tennessee and Virginia run right down the middle of main street.
Amy is familiar with *******. We have a lot of entertainment for a small town. It is known as the home of country music but here it is more bluegrass than the current popular country music. We are within 10 miles of the great Smokies national park. So, many attractions and events nearby. This year I hope we will venture out more. So far I have spent any extra dollars on the remodeling, but getting out for a bit of adventure would be magnificent. Good for the soul.

big hugs to all HH'ers and best wishes with your individual concerns.