Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 55

Old 04-27-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

TOD- not sure if the storms left you, but they hit here just a while ago. I heard thunder, Cody took off like lightening then the lightening started. Bev, T and their friend S were working in the yard. Right where Sue was working was a snake.

T said it was a king snake, leave it alone, I just kept my distance. It was too hot for me be out in the yard, so I cleaned inside. Quite sure my love of nick-nacks is gone after dusting so many.

Jay - I meant to mention, earlier, that when my cousin went through the slow taper, all the adjustments were made by the dr.

Guess I won't be working that other job - he has declined and his daughter isn't answering her phone. Kids aren't answering Bev either, so she figures everyone has shut off their phones. I will keep looking as so far, when a door closes a window really does open.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-27-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: I don't like any kind of snake! But the King snakes do keep the bad snakes away. And they eat mice too. As long as I don't see them? They can hang around.

The storms have passed here now. Hopefully nothing will pop up, but the weather and temps are ripe for it to happen.

Mom called a little while ago. She wanted to come over. My blanket is finished and she wanted to bring it to me. It's only taken 30 years for me to get it quilted. LOL I told her to wait a little while and then we'd meet for supper somewhere.

TOD
Old 04-27-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I'm definitely not even entertaining the idea of weaning off everything right now, not until school is out and I'm used to my new job.

((Amy)) - The doctor would be making all the medication changes involving the taper schedule, I wouldn't be doing any of that on my own. I'd mess it up somehow . I'm only on three medications and only two of them I would need to come off of (the other one is an anti-convulsant which I would stay on). Only one of the two I would come off of needs to be tapered though, so I wouldn't need to do multiple at a time or anything.

I do need to get a second opinion though...or do what ((Fandy)) said and get another doctor to confer with him. I don't want to do it if there's a better way. Hmm, will work on it.

I have a "presentation" tomorrow, and I've been working on it all day and I still don't like it but it is what it is. My teacher told me I could do the recording/voiceover thing which at least has made it easier for me. I may only be in two classes right now...but that's enough, considering all the catching up I've had to do. I hope next semester I can actually attend the whole freakin semester. Wouldn't that be something?
Old 04-27-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Arkansas has had devastating killer Tornados today and this evening. There was one on the ground for three hours, with smaller ones surrounding it. There has been six fatalities reported as of now. There was one fatality from a vehicle on the Freeway getting hit. And they just reported three were killed in the county beside us. We aren't out of the weather yet either. More is headed directly at us. The temps are condusive to creating more Tornados. One of the weather men just broke down on the news and started crying a few minutes ago. We have great weather reporters and they are touched when ppl from these storms they warn us about take lives.

We've already left once with Maria and Molly in tow. The storms heading our way are increasing in volume right now. So we'll probably be heading out again.

Homes are flat in so many areas now.

TOD
Old 04-28-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

(((TOD)))My thoughts and prayers going your way. Please be careful.

Hugs to all
TB
Old 04-28-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

That is sad ((TOD)). Be careful out there. Living in the upper Midwest, we see tornados but I don't think as many as you in the south. I don't think our temperatures are as volatile really.

((TB)) - I hope you receive good new today.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

TOD - I saw where the tornadoes hit but I'm only familiar with a couple of counties out there and I just knew your city. Prayers were still going out.

We are due for the same weather, starting later tonight. It already looks like rain so fed Cody early. Bev got Sam some medicine for his arthritis so I hope it helps him.

Jay - sounds like a plan to get another opinion or an extra mind working on all this. Yes it WOULD be cool if you could do a full semester after all that's gone one

I am charging my gadgets in case the power goes out. Do have a basement here, with a room that's underground (and I can actually GET into it now that we cleaned it out) if need be.

TB - prayers continue.

Lauren - Miss you!! How is the weather up there and what all good stuff has hubby made?

Chic - I went to a store in your chain in the "rich city" where all the kids drive beamers or golf carts. It's florist dept was HUGE inside and out. They have bistros and all kinds of stuff in there. All I wanted was the darned ATM for my bank, finally found it.

Love to all!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-28-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks to those that checked with me personally on our welfare! We made it thru the storms w/o any damage here at home or to ourselves.

Amy: GET your butt in the lowest part of that house quickly at the first signs of trouble.

There's nothing like getting up, turning the TV on and seeing the destruction in the daylight. Some of the people talking about this being the 2nd time they've lost their homes due to Tornados!

One town that I used to live in is GONE! Ten people lost their lives in that town! The other town I lived in has massive destruction too. There are two different FB sites where ppl are finding items and animals. They are posting pics of them for the loved ones to know it's been found.

Thank God we live in an area where most of the storms pass us by. But we've been hit on both sides of us where the tornados have wiped out everything. They just showed a home where nothing but the concrete steps into the house were left. The grandmother was killed that lived there alone. An 8 yro and 2 yro in another area have also lost their lives. Their parents are in intensive care.

I hate having to jump in the truck and leave when severe storms are in the area. However? Seeing time after time the destruction these storms cause? I don't argue anymore. Jethro DOES NOT want to lose me! And I don't want him to feel responsible for my death due to my stubborness!

TOD
Old 04-28-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That is so very sad, Tod. LIfe changing, so tragic. I hope some people get miracles.
be careful, good thing you have Jethro looking after you. I hate these storms.

TB, where are you, and how is it going friend?

love and hugs
chicory
Old 04-28-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I know Chicory! I've been sitting here watching the news coverage of the storms from last night. Sheer terror and heartbreak coming from those people that have lost so much. I couldn't help but cry!

One woman was in her storm shelter. The door was blown in on her and she died. That's just crazy! Deep under ground is the only safe place from these Tornados! And with each passing year they only get worse.

TOD
Old 04-28-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Amy..just as I was reading, the timer on the lasagne was going off...this
time I left it to hubby to do it all, as he always wanted to give it a try..His try is
to grind the meat himself..season..add our homemade herbs..then he made
the lasagne noodles from scratch..the sauce of course is a secret..and it
smells like a little Italian wonderland. He made me a small one for guests on
Friday...it will probably be better than mine..secretly ..thou..he always adds
to many of everything as he wants it to be outstanding! It usually is..darn it.

I made Miley a new doggy bed with lambswool fabric..and a pillow for her head..
spoiled brat..

My yarn is beckoning me to take all those left overs to make a blanket to remember
so my head is working on it..My last scrape blanket gave hubby a trip down memory
lane as he remembered where each color of yarn went to a different baby..boy..girl
and our own son..he keeps this one blanket as a secure fixture in his life. Now when
I make this blanket..I was thinking for my son..all the bits and pieces of life..

I miss you all..I read every day..

My mission is to control what I can..and not take everything so personally..when that
happens I don't like myself or how it makes me feel..so the old quiet and reflection is
needed to maintain a good mental health balance

I also have been dealing a lot with my sons g/friend..she wants very much to learn
all about the old ways as she calls it..to me it is just the everyday way of living. I
am willing to teach anyone .. anything..I know I have this wrong Amy..yet she talks
faster than I can listen..It is rather when someone is at a high octave..and you
have to bring them down to a tenor..or is that wrong too..anyway she starts off
up there and by the time we are finished..she is calm again..oh my..I never had a
daughter so this is a new challenge for me.

I am concentrating more this year on what I can do..my stamina is low..so working
on a new vision on how to make it work.

Oh yes I made raspberry jam today as well from the most precious of the ripest berries
from last years crop..it turned out terrific..I was worried for awhile as my math and
the recipe at times simply aren't matched to what I have at the moment. It ended
up I had 12 jars and a half..this one goes in the fridge as there are always leftovers.

Sorry to all suffering or worried..

I will jump on here now and again..just need me time and priority..it is just age..and health
and just part of life as it goes..I need peace..back to the balance and all that good
stuff.

Hugs to all

lauren
Old 04-28-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Lauren - wow, someone else who talks faster than someone can listen? That's really cool that she wants to learn from you. I would love to be able to spend a month with aunt Phyllis and do the same, but I'd have to take breaks on those times into the grumpy person she was when I was growing up.

Lasagna and jam both sound good.

Tiger just came in the room, sniffed around then left when he saw Mots on the bed. No hissing so it's a tiny step in the right direction.

I have some of Mr D's flashlights in my room in case we lose power. He has a weather radio but it either doesn't work or I don't know how to work it. Plugging it in does nothing. Have an app on my phone that gives me alerts. So far, just looks like rain tonight, storms start in the morning.

I'm going to read for a while and see if I can get some sleep while on weather alert.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-28-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Glad you are safe TOD. (((hugs))).

Lovely to see you lauren. And may I please have some lasagna? And some of the jam too. Gosh you really are an amazing cook. And the lambswool bed for Miley sounds lovely.

Awesome to hear progress re Tiger and Mots Ames. And I really hope the storms pass you by love.

More love for you TB...you are in my prayers sweety.

Hey chic-ky love...hugs for you too. And Yakky and Live and Lee Lee and Fandy...and everyone else. ♥

Love to all in the HH,

V xx
Old 04-28-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

((((((Lauren))))) many hugs love! BBL. must get my stuff together.

much love to all the hens and roosters!

LeeLee
Old 04-29-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

(((lauren)))) I would love to be a mouse in your house! although you are a good housekeeper and don't leave many scraps for mousies, I would be trying my best. I love jams... and preserves . and Lasagna. may i have a bit of that cheese , please?

you inspire me to get out my scraps. I have so many. I would probably have enough to make a blanket that covers my house..lol. I dont have enough memory to remember what each bit came from though. guess I need to begin a project, to go with the other 10...

I bet Miley loves her new bed and pillow. what a pampered pooch.

I hope todays weather gets calmer, and that there is support for all who need it. so very very h eartbreaking. I hate tornados, who doesn't, but it does seem they get worse each year. please be aware everyone, and don't underestimate the power of them.

TB, thinking of you and prayers for good news. how are Mama and Q doing?

Lenina, are you rested up and doing anything fun? I keep thinking of what you said about being shiney and dangley, and I want some dangly earrings again. think I would have to cut my hair a bit shorter, tho.

works been busy, with Mothers day around the corner. lots of outdoor plants. lots of indoor projects to get done. my favorite thing to do is markdowns! I love getting rid of things that need to make room for the new.
there is prom, graduation, Mothers day, Assistants day, memorial day, bedding plants season, outdoor patio plants. and always something new .
domino misses Lily. but he is getting lots of loving. all the cats are shedding. and seem extra needy lately, I do think they miss young miss Lily, as she was always active and following them around for love. we will adjust. I miss her too, but Least is such a good mom , and she is becoming best friends with Freddie, Leasts cat. and the dogs too

well, enough boring stuff. I hope everyone stays safe and well.
love and hugs
chicory
Old 04-29-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hardly boring chic!!!! Go on...cut your hair a little and get some nice dangly earrings. You deserve them!!!! Bet you will pretty.

V xx
Old 04-29-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

venus
Old 04-29-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

oops....left out a word....meant to say bet you will feel pretty. Because of course you already are lovely Ms chic! ♥

V xx
Old 04-29-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

maybe so, but no way I will be able to rock earrings like you and Lenina!

well, off to my glamorous day. love yas
Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Good morning HH

Hugs to all
TB