Notices

Hen House Talk With All Our Friends - Part 30

Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I'm not exactly up to snuff, but ((TOD)) - Lots of well wishes for you while detoxing. Thanks for sharing with us!

((Cangel)) - is vacuuming not considered exercise? In my world it is...

((Chicory)) - Sorry to hear about Sprinkles. Cats are amazing furry critters.

((Everyone else))
Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

((Jay)) Sure wish I had read your post before doing crunches....you have a good point there about vacuuming!
Old 06-29-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Cangel: "You" girl? I'm guessing it's "Young" girl? Glad you had a fun day. Now what made you THINK Sarge would have a plan? LOL

Jay: We'll just be up to NO snuff together! LOL Of course I was going to try to make it to the Post w/o a pill but that's an hour drive and I was already falling apart, so I took one. I've got to get all my stuff I'll need at home before I'm completely w/o the pills. Get the doctor/dentist appt done and then settle in for the long haul. Hopefully not a LONG haul, just getting the first three days under my feet. That's about how long it takes to get the stuff out of my system.

I pulled into the driveway, Jethro came out to meet me. He said dad had already called wanting to know when I was going after ciggies? He told him I was probably doing that now. YEP! So we have to head over to my parents to make the delivery for him.

Amy: On the way to the Post a song came on the radio. Guess what it was? "Lean on me"! I started crying driving down the freeway. Lordy. I was thinking about all of ya'll here on the HH that has my back and then that song comes on! What can I say? I just knew there were bunches out there that are thinking about me and saying lots of prayers for me. Love ya'll!

Well I better get off here and get ready to go. Jethro will be out of the shower soon. JB told the group today, "he was out of money". People aren't coming in to get their repaired stuff. No grass to be mowed, so nothing is breaking down. Lord bring us rain!

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-29-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((TOD))) You cop and got well. No, I don't mean you cop some more pills and feel better. It means you cop to your little secret now you can start getting well. Good time to think about what your gonna do after the detox phase. You don’t want to repeat this over and over. If nothing changes in your life your destine to repeat this over and over till you finally realize you CANT do this alone. The detox is really a small part of this process. Its staying clean that is the true challenge. I have been thru too many detoxes to count. Until I was willing to make real changes in my life, it was all in vein. The more often you have to detox the harder it gets. Every addict that stays clean will tell you..... cant do it alone. We are here to support you, but the bottom line, there is something deep rooted that is eating you up inside and until you uncover it you will continue go down the same path.

Hang in there my dear friend...its not going to be a cake walk. Just remember, this is a process. Your body's going to feel crappy, and you wont feel "normal" for a bit, but each day your body will be repairing itself and you will get back to a healthy state of being. Wishing you a successful taper, praying you will never have to do this again.

Much love, Sarge.
TB
Old 06-29-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

((TOD)) You are so right!!! Typo city for me lately; I meant "young".

The Preview for the Tour de France is coming on in 15 minutes!!!! The Tour starts tomorrow!!!!! I am so excited this year. For the first time I have cable and I am not working which means I can get up early early and watch each stage live and then go back to bed if I want. Or just go to bed earlier at night. Anyway - I am such a cycling groupie it is ridiculous; I have been looking forward to this since I decided to leave my job.

I'm probably a little strange....huh?? Oh well.....
Old 06-30-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning HH.

A man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning.

The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first, and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee."

The husband said, "You are in charge of cooking around here and you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee."

Wife replies, "No, you should do it, and besides, it is in the Bible that the man should do the coffee."

Husband replies, "I can't believe that, show me."

So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says:

"HEBREWS" :rotfxko

Have a wonderful day everyone.
TB
Old 06-30-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Another blistering day, trying to get my assignments done. Dad still isn't back from wherever he went to, sm just got home after running somewhere with the brat. We really aren't speaking very much but it's as much my choice as hers.

The brat's wedding is next Sunday. We are actually on holiday break from school, but I'll be trying to do assignments ahead. Guess I need to check back into hotel reservations. We'll be taking the dog, as we have no one to watch her.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-30-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) I sent you a PM.

TB
Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TB: That HEBREW is hilairious! I read it to Jethro with a smile. He just squinted his eyes tightly together and shook his head, no, no, no, no! I told him I LIKED IT! His reply was????????????

I'm going to go sit on my thrown, use a calculator to stack BB's and forget you read that to me. LOL

Love ya
TOD

PS: I'm the one that fills the coffee pot each night and sets the timer to go off before he gets up. All he has to do is walk up to the coffee pot, put his mug up to the button and push! The already brewed coffee pours out into his mug and he meanders out to his computer chair and sits down. How about that for the HEBREW status?
Old 06-30-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Back when I was with XABF#1, he loved his morning coffee, I don't drink it - at all. Since he was a morning person, I was not - I got a coffee pot with the timer like ((TOD)) is talking about. It's funny, I love the smell of coffee, just not the taste.

Patches wouldn't stay inside but I've got Mots and Elvis in. It's 104 and still climbing. Very grateful for a roof over my head and a/c. I'm also grateful that dad got the a/c in the van fixed. I was right - needed freon.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-30-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Another blistering day,
(((Amy))) Same here. 98 and humid. I tried to wash my truck but had to stop half way through, I was soak and wet from the heat. I had to come inside to a nice cool RV.

The brat's wedding is next Sunday.
Don't forget the camera, we want to see pictures.

Love ya
TB
Old 06-30-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Our humidity isn't as bad as usual, but the heat just takes one's breath away.

I will definitely take the camera to brat's wedding. Have no idea what *I'm* wearing but sure I will find something. I'm not so sure about being trapped in a motel with dad/stepmom and am seriously thinking of having my own room, tell them I need some "quiet time" for school stuff (I am taking the laptop and my books). Not so sure I want to spend that money, though, as I have more cousins getting married within the next few months and would like to go back to MN for at least one of the weddings.

It's still 100 at 8pm, dad's asleep on one couch, sm is asleep on the other and I'm going to find something to eat for dinner.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-30-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

(((Amy))) Some grilled chicken from Kentucky...yum yum.

TB
Old 06-30-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: You'll have plenty of money to get your own room and will be able to take another trip. You are saving dollars from not smoking. REMEMBER?????

No sleeping here. Jethro is out working on the weed eater on wheels. I'm hosing down grass/dog areas. Got Molly outside and I'm going to rotate the momma's one by one outside. I hosed down Molly's pen and got two box fans blowing on her. We were well into the 100's earlier today, but it's now 95. Regardless! It's still HOT. Humidity is at 40% so that helps keep the heat from being too opressive. I've been reading an article on MSN about the deaths from the heat. One was about a 3 and 5 year old little boys. Due to high winds there are thousands w/o power right now.

It was on the news yesterday where the Pulaski County Humane Society had stepped in and confiscated around 140 small dogs in outside pens w/o NO water. They were running a puppy mill. Charges are pending. I just can't understand how ppl can have animals and NOT give them water in this heat. These dogs are making them 100's of dollars with the puppies they produce. They could at least make sure they were well kept for the services they are providing for them. I wish the law could put them in a cage with the same treatment the dogs were receiving.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 06-30-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

From FOX 16. Home : News : Local 137 dogs recover at shelter, breeder's pet shop closed

137 dogs recover at shelter, breeder's pet shop closed - FOX16.com Little Rock, AR

TB
Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
I've been reading an article on MSN about the deaths from the heat. One was about a 3 and 5 year old little boys.
You hear stories like that about adults, but children. It breaks my heart. My thoughts and prayers going out to those children s family.

TB
Old 06-30-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) I went to Pet Smart to pickup cat litter today. They had the adoption truck outside with some beautiful dogs and pups for adoption. But what caught everyone attention was the Geckos. They had Leopard Gecko on sale half price $29.95. They were selling them like hot cakes. They are so cute but tiny as heck. They get you on the tank and accessories for a nice lump of change. How you doing young brother? How's the weather where you at?

Love ya
TB
Old 06-30-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Wish I could send you some of my weather! It was nice and sunny.....I focused on making dinner and boom 20 minutes later I am fogged in and it's cold. Odd for where I am actually for that to happen....usually I just get to watch the fog from a distance.

It is just so difficult to manage high heat......stay cool and safe everyone!!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

(((cangel))) Did you say you was taking Merengue lessons? (((TOD))) ask (((Jethro))) if he ever dance Merengue...lol. Here's a little Merengue mix to get your blood and hips moving...lol

TB
Old 06-30-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

While I was finishing up yet another job app, dad came in and practically begged me to go out to eat with them to my favorite steak/seafood restaurant. As usual, we brought home plenty of leftovers as they give you a ton of food.

Didn't see Elvis, when I first got home, looked down and he was in my dresser drawer? He had to wiggle his way OUT of there, so I guess he had wiggled in there, too. He just ate 2 jumbo boiled shrimp I brought home.

I'm still not really in a chatty mood with sm, but luckily we were busy eating. I did treat, had planned on taking us out to eat, anyway.

I've got to be careful with the money as I don't know of any more coming in unless/until I get a job.

Diet starts back tomorrow. Almost 10:30pm and still 100 degrees.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy