Notices

Boyfriend's in Rehab, very confused

Old 10-08-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

(((Khenry))) - maybe, at some point, you'll want to block his calls? That way you won't even know he tried to call.

I'm sorry you're feeling hurt and angry, but him jumping into another relationship, especially with another RA, just shows that he's not ready for recovery. He wants what he wants, when he wants it and damned the consequences. He probably DOES care for you, but he's a long way from getting his act together. Caring for someone just isn't enough to build a strong relationship from. You deserve honesty, faithfulness, trust, etc. He's nowhere near giving you all that.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 10-08-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Yeah thats what Ive been thinking. If he can be this outright selfish and jump into something with someone in a similar situation, thinking it might help him, then hes obviously not thinking clearly like he should be and he wont ever get better. Hes living a lie, in that stupid group house, thinking everything will straighten itself out and he wont ever have to deal with reality.

And now Im the one left who has to file for child support. I have to file for custody and take classes and do a mediation with him and try to settle without having to go in front of a judge, because there is no way in hell im letting him take my kid out himself, let alone with another addict.

I guess Im just feeling self pity today. Poor me, I have to go through all of this mess and he seems like hes enjoying his life.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

What kind of opening line could he have to be dating....Hi, I quit doing drugs just a few weeks ago and my girlfriend is pregnant and due with my child next month...wanna go out??????
Blech.

He doesn't deserve to get to be with you.
He is a long, long way from having his act straight.
How very irresponsible and hurtful he is being...
glad you are taking care of you and the little one!
You have the right to put you and the baby first.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Thank you Live. I appreciate your kind words. I figured she'd have to be a piece of work to want to be with someone like that.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I was censoring myself to try to say it as nicely as I could

what it sounded like in my head was more along the lines of what a %^&(U*(R$%^E*
Old 10-08-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

aww dear I am so sorry about that mess.

but you know what to do. nothing has changed for me either. xbf is still doing what he's doing, yours is, too.
let's just pick ourselves up and move along, shall we?
avoid that trainwreck. =)
Old 10-08-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I just needed to vent. Now I cant wait for him to call again so I can tell him that I want absolutely nothing to do with him. He said he had nothing left to say to me, didnt want to see me, didnt want me to call there, so unless youre dying or you want to apologize, leave me alone.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:51 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Once your baby is born it will become more clear to you. The answers will come. Your son will automatically become TOP PRIORITY.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:23 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Exactly. I can not wait to hold and love and experience all the joy that he isnt here to appreciate.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:24 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

(((KHenry))) - just a suggestion. Don't answer the phone when he calls. That will send a message far greater than anything you can say. Besides, if you talk to him, though you may want to tell him off, he's still so wrapped up in denial that he will most likely turn it back on you, and you really don't need or deserve that.

I wrote my ex a letter, but never sent it. It helped, to get it all out of my head on onto paper. I could also go back and read it, when I was feeling weak, but I finally just threw it away.

I know it seems as if he's having a great time, doing whatever he wants. I lived the life of addiction, and it's not all that. He's running from life, and at some point, the consequences get pretty bad. YOU, on the other hand are dealing with everything and will get to thoroughly enjoy your son. You're the winner, sweetie. I know it hurts, but you're doing great.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy