Today I can- a simple thread

Old 09-01-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

That's a beautiful track Aleric!

Old 09-01-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

And that's a beautiful picture MesaMan! Wow, I haven't seen a double rainbow IRL for years. I love waking sober, it never gets old! Just this morning I was late for work, I must have turned off the alarm instead of snoozing it, and on my way in I thought, at least it's not like the old days where I'd be late because I could barely drag my hungover butt out of bed...... and I'm hoping that I don't get pulled over by a cop because there's no way I wouldn't blow over even though I'd gone to bed and it's morning.....
Old 10-24-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Watch the Dodgers play the World Series, and remember it the next day!
Old 10-24-2017, 11:49 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Nothing as nice as that but my dog was sick last night (nothing serious) and before I would almost definitely have pretended not to have spotted the mess and gone to work. Instead I ineffectually flapped a cloth at it until my wonderful wife noticed and came to the rescue.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I've planned a trip this January with my family and my sisters family to go rent a cottage in northern Ontario and go dog sledding. It's the kind of thing I would never have done when I was drinking. Should be an interesting and fun experience.

I also got some tickets to see this jazz musician I recently discovered. He's really good and I'm looking forward to seeing him next month. I've been to a bunch of shows since I got sober.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Can't get Pic to post. Never mind...-)
Old 10-26-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Was it a pic. of MesaDog?

Were you were trying to upload it from your local machine? I wonder if it exceeded the size limit for SR. If so, you could try resizing it in an image editor like Paint or use something like https://imgur.com and post a link to it instead.

Here's a pic of my dog Fudge which I shrunk down in Paint.

It seems you can only see an attached image (without clicking on it) if you're logged in, in Chrome anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1a.jpg (65.1 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by AlericB; 10-26-2017 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Error viewing image
Old 10-26-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Thanks, Aleric. I need to use a different Site; a tip I got off a Help Thread here...
Old 10-26-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Yesterday, I was able to drive Home from the Dog Park not caring about Police behind me, or taking back Roads. I was also able to stop in our Driveway, and capture this zoomed-out Cellphone Pic of a *Local* noshing on Stubble in our Rancher Neighbor's Alfalfa Field.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Zen, dog sledding sounds so exciting. I'm engaged in a concert attendance splurge. Particularly those who enjoyed their original fame decades ago, because they're part of music history and.......I don't want to miss them before they lose their ability to perform. Or loss of life. I accompanied an elderly friend to Leonard Cohen's last concert in the UK. I'd never heard his music, believed it was depressing. But I was amazed, he was awesome and the whole arena seemed spellbound by his stage presence. That's why I'm broadening my music horizon and dispensing with preconceived dislikes. After viewing a video post of yours, I've booked to see Roger Waters next year!

Aleric, flapping a cloth at the dog sick, hilarious! Fudge is so gorgeous! I do like his contrasting ear and muzzle colouring. I expect frequent cuts are necessary because of the poodle part of his genes.

MesaMan, you live in a scenic part of the world, what a great backdrop to the handsome stag. I'm surprised he wasn't startled by your vehicle. Isn't it great, not to have to count drinks, time lapsed and units metabolised. Just freedom.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

very freeing to not worry about where I hid my vodka bottle.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Zen, dog sledding sounds so exciting. I'm engaged in a concert attendance splurge. Particularly those who enjoyed their original fame decades ago, because they're part of music history and.......I don't want to miss them before they lose their ability to perform. Or loss of life. I accompanied an elderly friend to Leonard Cohen's last concert in the UK. I'd never heard his music, believed it was depressing. But I was amazed, he was awesome and the whole arena seemed spellbound by his stage presence. That's why I'm broadening my music horizon and dispensing with preconceived dislikes. After viewing a video post of yours, I've booked to see Roger Waters next year!

Aleric, flapping a cloth at the dog sick, hilarious! Fudge is so gorgeous! I do like his contrasting ear and muzzle colouring. I expect frequent cuts are necessary because of the poodle part of his genes.

MesaMan, you live in a scenic part of the world, what a great backdrop to the handsome stag. I'm surprised he wasn't startled by your vehicle. Isn't it great, not to have to count drinks, time lapsed and units metabolised. Just freedom.
I hope you enjoy Roger Waters as much as I did Tatsy! Going to see live music and shows of all kinds has become my new thing. I have the money now that I'm not wasting it on beer and I get to go out and be social and have an experience. I would have loved to see Leonard Cohen..... he was fantastic, a real poet and story teller.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

This aging, p/t Bass Player can better appreciate this Track while Sober. The Guitar Solo is a compilation of musical ideas strung together and rigorously honed over the Years. Solos like this - over the entire range of the Instrument - don't spring from just random noodling around, and it shows.

~ Comfortably Numb ~ David Gilmour & David Bowie ~ Royal Albert Hall ~
Old 10-30-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

I found this track of Alan Parsons Project and Pink Floyd a few months ago. I love it!

Old 11-02-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

MesaMan.......AWESOME guitar solo by David Gilmore, absolutely spine tinglingly fantastic! You play bass guitar, that's cool. I took basic guitar lessons after I stopped drinking, but I'm just a strummer, picker, still I enjoy it.

In a lesser league to David Gilmore, but impressive in a different way, I watched a Neil Young and Crazy Horse concert and the finale, was Neil Young playing his guitar so ferociously that the strings broke and he continued to play.......the sound was mind blowing.

Zen, I'm saddened that you didn't get the chance to see Leonard Cohen before he passed. That's the main reason I'm attending the golden oldies concerts.

A few weeks ago, I was searching and came across a concert at the Philarmonic, Justin Haywood from the Moody Blues, I'd never heard of him, but my husband said he'd sang some memorable songs last century. The concert was sold out, but an hour and half before kick off, I pressed the buy ticket button again and unbelievably, there were seats re-released at two rows from the stage! OMG we jumped in the car and arrived just in time and it was fantastic. Plus, his side act was a superb guitarist, who had the longest fingers I've ever seen. I was spell bound. I absolutely adore concerts, as I said previously, I now have a completely open mind and a voracious appetite for previously unheard and unseen artists!
Old 11-02-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Here ya go, Tatsy. From the last Century. *Giggle*

- Knights In White Satin ~ The Moody Blues -

Mike Dawes is also mentioned on that JH Tour. Mebbe this is who you saw?

- The Impossible ~ Mike Dawes -
Old 11-03-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll have a lot of enjoyment trawling through 50+ years of Moodies records Tatsy
Old 11-03-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Dee, just to think I spent years drinking, whilst often aimlessly surfing the Internet......when I could've been listening to the all time musical greats, such as The Moodies! I don't think I'll live long enough to catch up! But I'm certainly trying.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/justi...ind-of-heaven/

He sang this at the concert, truly moving and far better live than this official version. If you like horses, you'll appreciate the video, too. It's the theme tune for an upcoming film of the same name. He is a legend, still writing at 71 and not just rehashing the golden-oldies like some! I was so in awe that I hung around afterward and got his signature (bit old for a groupie) but to think, I didn't know who he was and attended the concert on speculation - this is the power of sobriety.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

MesaMan, yeh! He sang Knights in White Satin. The concert was a slimmed down version of the The Moodies songs, apparently, no drums etc. Just Justin, keyboard and Mike Dawes. The video you posted was awesome, despite his age, he clearly didn't hit drink/drugs too hard, he looks amazing. Plus, he seemed so genuine and when he received numerous standing ovations, he was really moved.....I was so close I could see the whites of his eyes.

Mike Dawes was very charismatic, he immerses himself in his playing. He's mesmerising. He has a small UK personal tour next year Feb/March and tickets are released on Monday......I'm booking!
Old 11-03-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

We saw the movie Lennon Naked... it will make you cry... sometimes we just don't need to know so much about others.. leave the magic be....
love the note on the Sick Dog my Hubby was like that until last week.. ahhahahahahah ... now Eddie Lee and Cat Cpt Jack are both sick . hahhahahahah us girls are banded together to stay healthy...