Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

I will not drink/drug today because (insert your reason)

I will not drink/drug today because (insert your reason)

Old 08-11-2010, 06:55 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

because Gamera loves me

Old 08-11-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

...because I know there is no reason to.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

because I need to help Starman on an important mission...cant do that loaded.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:34 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Because I want to be healthy. Yoga and cardio begins TODAY!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

gneiss; M.S. That’s good to, takes a LOT of work! I can relate to the student loan dilemma!!
Wow on the "go Pokes" . My grandmother was among the first women to graduate from OSU , before statehood in 1906. Dad holds a PhD in Mech. engineering from there and I got my B.S. there in '06.

Oh yea; I want to stay sober Because I want to live long enough to get my PhD.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

because there are other battles to be fought besides the one against addiction, such as the enternal struggle between cats and mice:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
01duchess1.jpg (20.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 08-11-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

By the way LaFemme, that will be Doctor lucketdog to you missy! (lol)

Because LIFE is too much fun to stay passed out drunk!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

Originally Posted by gneiss View Post
recycle: RG? Registered Geologist? I've heard of Professional Geologist (PG) certification, which I will get if I leave this state (my state is, I believe, the only one without a PG certification program). My plan was to go into environmental work, but once I started taking classes I really didn't like it. We never even looked at a rock!
Yes, RG = PG depending on the state. You are right not a lot of rocks in my field, mostly mud and water.

I never studied much paleo. The prof. at my OSU was a crusty SOB that hated teaching. His opening lecture was: “Your never going learn enough paleontolgy to be worth a sh!t. The best I can do is teach you to correctly collect samplesand prepare them for shipment so you don’t eff it up for a real paleotonogist.” He was right, once you can tell a mollusk from a bivalve you probably otta pat yourself on the back and get it to an expert – like you. I am sure you will out standing in your field someday. (I know, I have spent lots of time standing out in fields.)
Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by recycle View Post
Yes, RG = PG depending on the state. You are right not a lot of rocks in my field, mostly mud and water.

I never studied much paleo. The prof. at my OSU was a crusty SOB that hated teaching. His opening lecture was: “Your never going learn enough paleontolgy to be worth a sh!t. The best I can do is teach you to correctly collect samplesand prepare them for shipment so you don’t eff it up for a real paleotonogist.” He was right, once you can tell a mollusk from a bivalve you probably otta pat yourself on the back and get it to an expert – like you. I am sure you will out standing in your field someday. (I know, I have spent lots of time standing out in fields.)
Wow, he sounds friendly! In one semester you wouldn't learn enough paleo to do much, it's true, but that doesn't mean it's a waste of time. One of the funnest things we did in intro paleo was spend a week picking apart a "science" movie -- we chose Jurassic Park -- to see what they got right and wrong (I will never be content with Hollywood until dinosaurs are portrayed with feathers). We went through Origin of Species and pointed out where Darwin was wrong. Prof took a couple fossil sets and taught us about the critters in them, then we went on a field trip, collected and identified those fossils, and interpreted where/when they came from. And we sure had fun getting covered in mud on a nice spring day. In effect our professor had three goals: to help us understand what evolution is and isn't and how to use it in geology (a goal made all the more entertaining by the one Young Earth Creationist in the class), to understand the basic history of life on earth, and to have a little fun with paleontology. It really bothers me when scientists take the attitude that science (or their branch of it) is beyond the mental capabilities of most people (like your paleo prof seemed to think). It's a product of their own narcissism. All you need to be a scientist is curiosity about something. Look at Mythbusters; all they do is apply the process of science to urban legends (and then make things explode, of course).

I won't drink and drug today because it ruins my curiosity about the world around me.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
because I need to help Starman on an important mission...cant do that loaded.

because I want a sweet watch like that!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I will not drink tonight because I'm way too busy packing for my move on Friday. I want to get everything non-essential in boxes tonight. Drunk packing = not a good idea!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Oh jeez, ive done drunk packing definitely not a good idea...I didn't know you were moving?

Dr. Luckedog, sorry for addressing you incorrectly earlier;-p

I will not drink tonight because I am not a jetblue flight attendant:-)
Old 08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Oh jeez, ive done drunk packing definitely not a good idea...I didn't know you were moving?

Dr. Luckedog, sorry for addressing you incorrectly earlier;-p

I will not drink tonight because I am not a jetblue flight attendant:-)
Hilarious! Check out this other job quitter. Its AWESOME!

girl quits job on dry erase board exposes farmville boss called her hopa theCHIVE
Old 08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I will not drink tonight because I don't drink PERIOD. I haven't had a drink in over 20 years. I will not take any opiates tonight because I am an addict, and if I do that, it will be a relapse, and I will throw away my sobriety of 5 good years clean and sober. I must stay clean to set a good example for myself and others. I can only lead by example.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I won't drink or drug because I'm a quitter.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

GENUIS!!!!!

I love being a quitter:-)

Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
Hilarious! Check out this other job quitter. Its AWESOME!

girl quits job on dry erase board exposes farmville boss called her hopa theCHIVE
Old 08-11-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Someone on FB posted that this morning...cracked me up!! I love being a quitter too!!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Nice. It took me about an hour to get that link to load (ahh, university apartments, nothing but the highest quality Ethernet connection). I've had some jobs I'd like to quit in a similar manner.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Geez I hope it was worth the hour you spend trying to get on it! haha
Old 08-11-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

LaFemme -- yes, we're moving on Friday. We're actually moving into the house we already own, though. We've owned our house on Long Island since June 30, but a lot of work has been being done on it so we've only been staying there on weekends. Now I'll be "by the sea" full time