TSH's Totally Random Rambling Spot

Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Not coming off the wrong way at all. I appreciate your input.

I'm an accountant by trade, but fairly certain that I don't ever want to work in accounting again. Sucks, because I'm really good at it! LOL! CPA, 2 degrees, good job history... but man, it can suck. I didn't realize how life-sucking it could be until I quit.

This job that I have now (if I can really still call it a job) is for a camera/lens rental company. Dude had just started it when I first started working for him. It is now a huge business. It's been truly amazing to watch, and it was really fun being in on it from the get-go. I'm a photographer-wannabe so this was PERFECT for me as it gave me lots of experience with lots of equipment I could never personally afford.

But, I put my own plans on hold when I started working for him. Just a couple of months before I found out about him and his new company, I had purchased my own website domain and was working on setting up my own photography site. I've had countless people over the past few years tell me that I should seriously try to convert my hobby into income and I was finally going to start trying to do just that. However, all my spare time then got turned into hours working for him and I let my own photography dreams sit on the back burner.

Consider that this was when my drinking was starting to really get out of control and... well... it will come as no surprise that I no longer even own that domain name, much less have a site or any prospects of photography income.

So what do I like to do? I'm not sure I know anymore.

I used to say that I'd love it if I could combine my love for cooking with my love for photography. I very often cook something here at home and then take pictures of it before I let anyone eat it. Don't think that's a real job, though.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Wow, that was long. Sorry.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:00 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm proud of both this food and this picture.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I made this as a birthday cake for my best friend a couple of years ago.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'll stop now, before I get carried away.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
Not coming off the wrong way at all. I appreciate your input.

I'm an accountant by trade, but fairly certain that I don't ever want to work in accounting again. Sucks, because I'm really good at it! LOL! CPA, 2 degrees, good job history... but man, it can suck. I didn't realize how life-sucking it could be until I quit.

This job that I have now (if I can really still call it a job) is for a camera/lens rental company. Dude had just started it when I first started working for him. It is now a huge business. It's been truly amazing to watch, and it was really fun being in on it from the get-go. I'm a photographer-wannabe so this was PERFECT for me as it gave me lots of experience with lots of equipment I could never personally afford.

But, I put my own plans on hold when I started working for him. Just a couple of months before I found out about him and his new company, I had purchased my own website domain and was working on setting up my own photography site. I've had countless people over the past few years tell me that I should seriously try to convert my hobby into income and I was finally going to start trying to do just that. However, all my spare time then got turned into hours working for him and I let my own photography dreams sit on the back burner.

Consider that this was when my drinking was starting to really get out of control and... well... it will come as no surprise that I no longer even own that domain name, much less have a site or any prospects of photography income.

So what do I like to do? I'm not sure I know anymore.

I used to say that I'd love it if I could combine my love for cooking with my love for photography. I very often cook something here at home and then take pictures of it before I let anyone eat it. Don't think that's a real job, though.
Wow! There is alot of stuff here and it's funny because some of what you said about yourself is a little coincidental.
I've been into photography lately and I have gotten into the habit of taking photo's of food that I make. The other day I bought a large beet that turned out to be the shape of a heart when I cut it in half. I'll try to post it in here if I can. I had some photo's of me done by a professional today and it was the first time in a long time I've worked with a photographer and it was a very enlightening -and somewhat frightening!- experience. Her story is a little similar to yours (the working for a photography co. and getting equipment for free or super-cheap).

You should start your website back up, or start a food photography blog?
How did you lose your photography prospects, if you don't mind me asking?

Maybe you could teach accounting somewhere, that way your knowledge will be put to good use, but without the headache.

Maybe you could start your own photography company!

Sorry for the rapid-fire suggestions, you sound like a very talented and useful person in this world, I would hate to see your talents go unnoticed.

And your a mom too! You have alot on your plate! You deserve a break!

Last edited by LaDita; 03-06-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: insert photo
Old 03-06-2009, 10:22 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post

I'm proud of both this food and this picture.

Stunning! You should be!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I'm at work right now and all I can think is... wow. This place is huge now. Our office went from 1,500 sq ft to about 5,000. It's hard to comprehend right now.

And yet as I walk around and look at all the new space and how they've arranged things, two thoughts keep popping into my head:

* this was uncomplicated and they didn't need help???

* one of those offices was supposed to be mine...

You'd think after a year of this it wouldn't sting anymore. Why does it still? My stomach is churning and it literally brings tears to my eyes. It's times like this when I think I should just quit and be done with it because then at least I'd know exactly where I stand.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

god i can so relate THC....got a call from the higher ups to get advise on a system or two....asked me how it was handled by me in my department..had to tell them..they don't let me in the loop anymore..have gradually shut me out year after year since the new boss came 5 years ago..that may change now...

But I shared how it should be done and could be done....

in all areas of my life i need to be a part of....my preist told me once after a dissapointing turn in life...to look for the space to be..right where i am....sometimes it's hard when those around you don't want to allow you a space to be...

sometimes it is time to move on though...:ghug
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Random post because I'm bored and want someone to talk to:

I made tomato sauce from scratch tonight. I do this quite often, but I did it a little differently this time. I oven-roasted some red and yellow bell peppers, and some garlic, and pureed them in with the tomatoes. I also added a bunch of fresh basil.

It was really good. I made a double-batch so I have enough in the freezer now for another dinner. My husband suggested adding some red pepper flakes and making a spicy lasagna - I may very well try that. Or I might use it as a base for some stuffed shells.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Random reply. I just love your pictures. The second one, the cake with the chocolate cups on top, is gorgeous. I love the angle on it, as well as the lighting.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Another random reply. I burned my tongue on my dinner tonight. OWWIES!!!

Sorry,. had to complain.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Thanks, Alera!

Gneiss~ I HATE when that happens! Know what else I hate? When I burn the roof of my mouth. That really sucks.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:04 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Blueberries, cheesecake, or strawberries?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Old 03-08-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

That is lovely, both the photo and the cake,I don't know anything about photography but I can say that photo makes me want to eat that cake.

Not that I need much persuation to eat cheescake!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Resident

Enough with the cakes. I am on a sugarless diet and you are driving me insane.
Just kidding as the old saying goes just because you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.
I know they have an ignore user button here but maybe I will suggest an ignore cake and candy button.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

random thought????

Hi fubar
Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Fubar I'm sorry! OMG I can't imagine being on a sugarless diet...

Here - is this better?

Old 03-11-2009, 09:50 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Y'all must all be allergic to bees. What a thread-killer!

That's ok, it's my Random Rambling Spot so I can randomly resurrect it for no good reason.

I'm almost done with our taxes. Yay! I never wait this long to do them but I've just been completely unmotivated so far, even with a refund due. But I bit the bullet tonight and did almost everything there is to do, so I should be finished very soon.

This dam*ed cough just will not go away, and neither will this sore throat. It's been 10 full days now. I guess I should suck it up and go make sure I don't have pneumonia or strep throat or something, I just don't wanna.