TSH's Totally Random Rambling Spot

Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Aww, my Sista, I'm sorry you are feeling so icky still! :ghug3 One thing that always tastes good to me no matter what is a simple sandwich or the old chicken soup standby! But honestly I'm one of those that when I'm sick, I mainly drink Gatorade because I have absolutely no appetite!

I hope you feel better soon Darling~
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

take care THC

and check your mail
Old 03-05-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
I've just gotta say: whatever crud I have is messing up my taste buds and I don't like it one bit! Nothing tastes right.
This is one of my worst pet peeves about being sick. Because, as unfashionable as it seems, I was born with an appetite. Those girls who say things like, "Silly me, I just forgot to eat!"... I'll never be one of them. So when I get sick, obviously the body needs some fuel to aid in the recovery process. And it all tastes horrible. And then I don't eat and I'm hungry. Argh.

Hope I don't get whatever is going around, because there's a nasty respiratory thing going around campus (seriously, 4 of my friends have been on codeine cough syrup for a week now), and mom got it, and now she has pneumonia. Yuck.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Gneiss, me and you must be cut from the same cloth. Me and food go WAY back, and I like it that way. It really takes the p*ss out of me when something messes with my ability to appreciate and enjoy food.

I found something today that didn't taste funny: Baked Lay's. :P Maybe because they have no taste to mess with? LOL

I hope you don't get what's going around, too. It's nasty. I know A LOT of people that have gotten it, too. I hope your mom gets well soon!!
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Never settle.

She's got asthma and reactive lung disorder as well as this cold sort of thing and pneumonia. And I think the pneumonia might be my fault, on accident. Because just as my mom was getting sick, the weather was changing and her asthma was acting up due to that so her lungs were weak. At the same time I spent the weekend with my BF and his daughter had pneumonia. Oops. So I have been cooking for her and driving her to the doctor and running all her errands because I feel a bit guilty since I think I exposed her to it.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

DK - your new av is creeping me out!! What/who is that?
Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

LOL, it's from a Star Trek Original Series episode.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today my Sista?

DK~ I love creepy aliens, so I actually like your avatar!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

crawfish boil this weekend. four sacks !!!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Resident

I used to love sack races when I was a youngster windy. Can you send me the extra sacks that you don't need.
I might start a support group with them.
Sack your way to Sobriety.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

They gonna be the stinkiest sacks you ever sackraced in.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
crawfish boil this weekend. four sacks !!!
Oohhhhhh, windy... that's so cruel!!! I'm SO jealous!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Random B*tch Session:

1. Still sick - have a nasty cough now. Fun.

2. Long history here which I won't go into but I've been disappointed/let down YET AGAIN by the people I work for. I've worked for this guy for 2 years now and for the first year was his RIGHT HAND - I literally ran things for him and was being groomed to take everything over. Now I am lucky to work 3 hours a week. Anyway, we're expanding office space and I've been promised for a month now that they'd call me when it was time to move all our stuff so I could help. Got an email today - the move is all done, and of course no one ever called me. The explanation was that it was "not as complicated as we thought it was going to be". Yet another slap in the face. I shouldn't be surprised or hurt, but I am.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

It's been that way for a while, Phal... tis why I said I *shouldn't* be surprised, but each time it happens it still stings.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
Random B*tch Session:

2. Long history here which I won't go into but I've been disappointed/let down YET AGAIN by the people I work for. I've worked for this guy for 2 years now and for the first year was his RIGHT HAND - I literally ran things for him and was being groomed to take everything over. Now I am lucky to work 3 hours a week. Anyway, we're expanding office space and I've been promised for a month now that they'd call me when it was time to move all our stuff so I could help. Got an email today - the move is all done, and of course no one ever called me. The explanation was that it was "not as complicated as we thought it was going to be". Yet another slap in the face. I shouldn't be surprised or hurt, but I am.
Sorry to intrude, but I'm really sorry this happened to you TSH. A similar thing happened to my cousin's wife who was the top salesperson and 'right hand man' of her company- she was laid-off out of the blue for very vague reasons.
It sounds like they have been stringing you along for some time now and have been misleading you. Maybe it's time to turn the tables and quit before they do any more damage? The way I figure it, a paycheck for just a few hours of work a week is not enough to cover the emotional pain you're being put through. If you've been this guy's right arm for the last two years, I can't see how that title alone wouldn't land you a much better and more fulfilling job. I hope that helps.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:40 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Thanks, LaDita. I actually tried to quit a year ago - lots of things happened in a very short time span that really, really hurt my feelings and belittled my position there. My boss (the owner) understood my point but didn't want me to quit, so he basically begged me to stay on one day a week to do inventory, to stay involved, and to be available for consulting and special projects. I agreed. Then, last summer, my role started picking back up a bit. I got encouraged. My youngest child started school in August and all along I had told my boss that if we could just hang in there until then, I could work as much as he wanted me to because I'd have my days free.

Instead his daughter quit her full-time, 6-figure job and took over his business.

That left me with my 1-day-a-week job of doing inventory. Every week I tell them I'm available if they need help, and every week they blow me off. They've even hired 2 new people in the last month - instead of asking me if I want more hours (which they know for a fact I do). And now this moving thing.

Part of me wants to just quit and break ties and be done with it because, like you said, it's just not worth it emotionally. The other part of me says no, if you can keep getting SOME money every two weeks it's better than NO money, and if I hang in there then eventually maybe it will be worth my while again.

I'm so torn because, for me, this really was my dream job and until it came along I never even knew it existed. It opened up a whole new world for me and I'm reluctant to walk away completely. It's the first job I've ever had in my life just because I WANTED it, not because I NEEDED it, and also the first job I've ever had that related to something I WANT to do (hobby) instead of what I'm SUPPOSED to do (career). I suppose that's also why it hurts so much when I get snubbed repeatedly, especially since I was such an integral part of getting the business where it is now.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I've learned in past experiences, is that when companies change ownership, everything changes even when they say it won't.
The new owners have an entirely different agenda and alot of people's jobs and overall status are compromised as a result. I've seen this happen so many times and it's pretty common in family businesses.
Have you thought about writing her a letter, or asking her if she has time to talk and let her how you feel in regard to your position and history there?

Last edited by LaDita; 03-06-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

She knows. Trust me.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:01 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

On the bright side, I seem to be getting my sense of taste back. At least I can taste this roast beef I'm eating... that's a start. Whether or not I can keep it down is a different situation.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

You're sick in that way sick? I'm sorry. :ghug3

The job situation sound stickier and stickier.
This sounds like "The Job Who Left You For Another Woman".
In this case, and it's really hard to say this, but most situations like these never get better and I would just move on.
Cherish it as an invaluable experience and use it to your advantage. Get your former boss on your side to vouch for you for your second job. Alot of people lose their dream jobs and have to resort to smaller ones that are unchallenging and just plain suck. But then they get an even better job after that, or find something else that their totally into.
I'm so sorry, I can understand how it must feel to be part of something so big and then not be recognized. You must be feeling really betrayed and used, and it doesn't sound like there's anything that can be done about it now.

So, why don't we find job for you! What do you like to do?

(And please let me know if I'm coming off the wrong way or anything).