View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

Not coming off the wrong way at all. I appreciate your input.

I'm an accountant by trade, but fairly certain that I don't ever want to work in accounting again. Sucks, because I'm really good at it! LOL! CPA, 2 degrees, good job history... but man, it can suck. I didn't realize how life-sucking it could be until I quit.

This job that I have now (if I can really still call it a job) is for a camera/lens rental company. Dude had just started it when I first started working for him. It is now a huge business. It's been truly amazing to watch, and it was really fun being in on it from the get-go. I'm a photographer-wannabe so this was PERFECT for me as it gave me lots of experience with lots of equipment I could never personally afford.

But, I put my own plans on hold when I started working for him. Just a couple of months before I found out about him and his new company, I had purchased my own website domain and was working on setting up my own photography site. I've had countless people over the past few years tell me that I should seriously try to convert my hobby into income and I was finally going to start trying to do just that. However, all my spare time then got turned into hours working for him and I let my own photography dreams sit on the back burner.

Consider that this was when my drinking was starting to really get out of control and... well... it will come as no surprise that I no longer even own that domain name, much less have a site or any prospects of photography income.

So what do I like to do? I'm not sure I know anymore.

I used to say that I'd love it if I could combine my love for cooking with my love for photography. I very often cook something here at home and then take pictures of it before I let anyone eat it. Don't think that's a real job, though.