View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 10:21 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
LaDita

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
Not coming off the wrong way at all. I appreciate your input.

I'm an accountant by trade, but fairly certain that I don't ever want to work in accounting again. Sucks, because I'm really good at it! LOL! CPA, 2 degrees, good job history... but man, it can suck. I didn't realize how life-sucking it could be until I quit.

This job that I have now (if I can really still call it a job) is for a camera/lens rental company. Dude had just started it when I first started working for him. It is now a huge business. It's been truly amazing to watch, and it was really fun being in on it from the get-go. I'm a photographer-wannabe so this was PERFECT for me as it gave me lots of experience with lots of equipment I could never personally afford.

But, I put my own plans on hold when I started working for him. Just a couple of months before I found out about him and his new company, I had purchased my own website domain and was working on setting up my own photography site. I've had countless people over the past few years tell me that I should seriously try to convert my hobby into income and I was finally going to start trying to do just that. However, all my spare time then got turned into hours working for him and I let my own photography dreams sit on the back burner.

Consider that this was when my drinking was starting to really get out of control and... well... it will come as no surprise that I no longer even own that domain name, much less have a site or any prospects of photography income.

So what do I like to do? I'm not sure I know anymore.

I used to say that I'd love it if I could combine my love for cooking with my love for photography. I very often cook something here at home and then take pictures of it before I let anyone eat it. Don't think that's a real job, though.
Wow! There is alot of stuff here and it's funny because some of what you said about yourself is a little coincidental.
I've been into photography lately and I have gotten into the habit of taking photo's of food that I make. The other day I bought a large beet that turned out to be the shape of a heart when I cut it in half. I'll try to post it in here if I can. I had some photo's of me done by a professional today and it was the first time in a long time I've worked with a photographer and it was a very enlightening -and somewhat frightening!- experience. Her story is a little similar to yours (the working for a photography co. and getting equipment for free or super-cheap).

You should start your website back up, or start a food photography blog?
How did you lose your photography prospects, if you don't mind me asking?

Maybe you could teach accounting somewhere, that way your knowledge will be put to good use, but without the headache.

Maybe you could start your own photography company!

Sorry for the rapid-fire suggestions, you sound like a very talented and useful person in this world, I would hate to see your talents go unnoticed.

And your a mom too! You have alot on your plate! You deserve a break!

Last edited by LaDita; 03-06-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: insert photo