It's all about me Part 3

Old 03-07-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hi Butter!! ((((big hugs)))) are you sick? Hope you are ok!!

Clean, i hear you. We always seem to run out of money before we run out of month! You seem like a very good cook tho and you sound like you enjoy it It sounds frustrating to continually get the runaround from the drs and the labs. I remember dealing with HMOs, not fun!

Blue, enjoy your visit at your inlaws. Dare cookies are good but not as well known as Nabisco or Oreos. And how do you have 12 kinda of Oreos? I'm not sure how many we have - regular, double stuffed, chocolate stuffed, vanilla wafer, chocolate dipped - maybe five different kinds? man we get ripped off here! Lol!! Now I'm wondering, what does it say about me that I know that much about Oreos? Lol they aren't even my favourite cookie!

Tod, i wouldn't want to be caught outside doing that right now either, although it was above freezing today and the snow started melting, yay!

Hi Allfor!

Ok I have a question. You know how after the session H was all excited because we're "finally on the same page"? I've asked him if we could start mapping stuff or at least get some key words figured out but he keeps putting me off. says he doesn't want to deal with that stuff right now. I know it reminds him of his drinking and then he feels guilty and on and on and on...but I'm tired of asking him to start doing this. So, do I just let it go? Do it without him? Remind him again? I feel like I drag him along thru a lot of things,appts with the counsellor, drs appts, university (not even kidding, i was on him all the time to study!) I guess I'm tired of making something a priority when it's not to him, even tho he says it is. How do I handle this?
Old 03-08-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

PCCharley: My younger sister also hates change of any kind!
….Having the day off and spending it with H for brunch was a great thing! Sounds like he’s also trying to bring things up that’s happened in the past to talk about in a positive way! He took responsibility for his actions!
…..I actually wrote a story time line about me and Jethro! We have some terrific history! It’s a WOW of a story too! LOL I’ve entertained many a person with stories from my life! I just never seemed to be still in anything! Me and my 1st husband actually moved ten times the first year we were married!
…..Yes we addicts keep our dirty little secrets well hidden until there’s no hiding it any longer! I hated the things I did to assure myself I didn’t run out of pills. If I hadn’t of been addicted to the pain meds? I would never have done the things I’d done! Like stealing pills from friends and family! By keeping my supply up? I continued with the behaviors I wouldn’t have been off of them.

I was getting pills from my VAH doctor as well as a civilian doctor! I took 870 – 10MG opiate pills in a three month period. And would run out before the next refill was available. I called a methadone clinic to ask about going on methadone to get off the opiates! The woman that answered the phone said; that was the worst thing I could do to myself. It would eat my bones and teeth. And opiates are a cake walk to w/d off of compared to the hell methadone detoxing is. Holy Cow! So I made the decision to CT off the opiates! The next 30 days was pure hell! But I made it thru! And had two years clean before ever having to take another pill!

CleaninLI: A couple that doesn’t fight doesn’t have a reason for making up! Wink wink! I know a couple in the neighborhood I grew up in that never fought with one another! NEVER! Husband went to work, came home and drank a few beers before eating supper the wife cooked when she got home from work! They raised three kids together that are pretty much like they are too! It’s amazing! But it worked for them. I knew them well back then too! Her husband died a few years ago and she’s lost her hair and a leg due to diabetes! She’s still just as kind and loving as she’s always been. I personally like a little spark in my relationship! Keeps the blood pumping!
…..Oh I figured you already knew about the time change! LOL It’s not like it’s all over the news and internet! Just pulling your leg a little there!
…..That coffeepot I gave my sister was the one with a timer on it and you just put your mug up to the pot and push the button to fill your mug up! Yep! You gotta let the coffeepot know you want the timer set! LOL
…..What article is everyone talking about here?
…..I read the article in the link you posted! That’s a powerful one! There are times I feel Jethro and myself pulling apart at the seams! It’s due to his continued use of the pain meds though! When he’s taken one I stay away from him as much as possible. When he hasn’t taken any? We laugh, joke around and talk a lot! So I’m on a 50/50 running board with him right now. He’ll bring things up to talk about that means absolutely nothing to me! But I bite my tongue and stand there to listen to him because it means something to him. Like having a hazmat book handed to me for reading because I mentioned something on TV about chemicals in a truck being turned over! He’ll pay attention to things I talk about too that he doesn’t have an interest in. Fair is Fair! But when he gets really involved in talking about things that I really have no interest in? I’ll tell him to call someone that can relate more on the subject with him. Did I tell y’all he’s a Ham Radio Operator too? He’s also a weather spotter for the group! Can’t count the times me and Maria have been snatched up and ordered to get in the car to leave! ARGH! I flat out refused one evening and he left. A tornado hit a block from us! He came rushing home to make sure I was okay! Scared him chitless! So I don’t argue anymore! I just get my things together and head out the door!
…..My two grandson’s will have me so enmeshed in doing things for them when they come to visit I can fully understand how you get pulled into doing things with your son! LOL

Blue: My friend in NY said the runway there isn’t very long and they are always having planes run off the end of it! YIKES!
…..Oh yeah! Cleanin’s surprise! What IS IT already? LOL
…..I too agree with the indifference being the end! I’d like to have a few changes around here, but as long as Jethro’s taking those pain pills? Forget it!
…..I wrote on SR somewhere about it! It was right after I got arrested for the prescription fraud! I spent 30 days in there. It was called the Koala Center! Koala meaning: “No Drink”! Caffeine can send the BP way up there!
…..Smoking is something that’s going to take time to get a handle on. We are still allowed to smoke at the VAH’s I go too. They don’t want to pizz off hundreds of crazy Veterans! They’ll have a riot on their hands!
…..Chinese Silkie chickens? That’s the breed they are! Just like Irish Setter dogs are called! You Goof!
…..Where is that timer for setting on your pizza cooking?
…..Oh I’d go to the bar I used to if I was invited! LOL It would be fun to see the old place again! I used to be in there every Saturday night! I was picked up from behind by a guy I dated one time because I had my fist drawn back and was going to deck this girl that was in my face being a real bch! He carried me all the way outside and set me down. I turned on him roaring! He said he didn’t want to see me get kicked out of the place for fighting. I said: “Well she started it!” LOL He’s like 6’6 and he easily carted me out of the place! ARGH! Jethro wouldn’t care if I went with some GF’s!
…..So how did it go at your in-laws?
…..I opened a can of green beans that was two years past the expiration date. I tossed them! Nasty! Give the fruit to the squirrels!

CleaninLI: Save Save Save! I’m constantly highlighting my posts and copying them for saving! I’ve read too many times where ppl have lost their posts!
…..I wonder if your daughter’s Angel isn’t someone from her school or a relative that doesn’t want to take NO for an answer on giving her stuff! How else would they know her sizes and where she lives? It’s all good though! It’s probably her school! They can pull out the measuring tape and get her correct sizes while she’s there at school!

Allfor: Oh Ms sneak a Poo! LOL It was a surprise to see ya here on the weekend AND EARLY! I’ve shared stuff on SR that was deleted and I couldn’t understand why either! There are way too many ppl here reading things we type and sometimes it comes across wrong to them. No matter how we meant it to sound!
…..When I was taking a shower earlier? I saw a tiny colorless spider drop from the ceiling. The shower water hit it and down the drain it went! I thought about y’all talking about being in the buff when a spider appears. LOL

Blue: You didn’t know there was a red maple leaf on their flag? Dang! I watch the show about the law and order for wildlife all the time in that area! So I see it a lot!
…..About the only thing we watch here is the Razorbacks play football!
…..Yoga! Bluck! I’d rather walk these two acres everyday!
…..I gave the wild birds some seeds to eat!
…..I had that squirrel picture already downloaded and ready for posting last night! I just got too tired to get it here! He’s so cute with those little paws together in front! And those pleading eyes! You mentioned Butter’s picture and it reminded me to post it!

PCCharley: Jethro was feeling poorly a couple of days ago. I told him to start taking the Cod Liver Oil Gel Caps in the morning too! I take one when I get up and one when I go to bed. I haven’t been sick in years! Sucking on lemon drops will help ease sour tummies!
…..You finding that cup of pop all frozen probably freaked you out the way finding a bottle of pills does to me! I’m all up in Jethro’s business when I find them! So glad you went straight to the heart of the matter and got it solved quickly!

CleaninLI: The only time I’ve ever had a Saturday appointment at the VAH was for an MRI! I can go to the ER 24/7 though! And I can go as a walk-in patient to my doctor/dentist office during the weekdays while they are open! Yes I too love the fact any kind of testing I need done is within the walls of the hospital.
…..Rice/Noodles goes a long way with different dishes to top it with! Have you done the hamburger with pork and beans dish? Scrambled egg sandwiches! Breakfast for supper! Try typing in what you have in ingredients into a food Thread and see what the suggestion is that pops up!
…..Yeah that time has already changed on me here! Now I’m an hour ahead of where I was! Dang It!

PCCharley: I SOOO remember those days when the checks just wouldn’t stretch far enough! I now use my CC if I’m a day or two short on getting paid. As soon as the check hits the bank I pay that CC off!
…..Just Google those Oreo’s! All kinds pop up at ya! LOL Jethro and Maria sit and share them together!
…..We had a lot of snow melt today. The area in our backyard where water gather’s is looking more like a lake now. I’d have to put the floaties on our kid’s wings if they got in it though. Chickens sink!
…..H is still pretty new to the Recovery stuff! Enjoy the pink cloud for now! Pushing him into a corner to do the homework and steps might turn him off to getting thru this? Try to look at it this way! You are an excellent typist/computer person! Take someone that doesn’t know how to turn a computer on and teach them how to use one! You’ll want to touch the computer and keyboard all the time to speed things along and to help the person you are teaching. Instead of giving that person time to figure it out on their own! I know my fingers would be wiggling to touch or point at the keyboard to help them figure it out quicker! LOL H is more like your young son right now! He’s learning to cope with life w/o the alcohol! Your son is young and learning new things every day too!

TOD
Old 03-08-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Well, won't be talking to H about anything today. He's kind of off the rails, didn't sleep last night. But I'm realizing this and working with it and so far only one problem that I managed. I'm really wondering about bipolar. He's got the family history and i know the signs, with my sister and one of my closest friends both having this disorder. He has a psych appt in April so I'm wondering how to go about bringing up the topic by then. Definitely not today lol!!
Old 03-08-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Oh gosh sorry about your H today. Did he have a good day yesterday, and maybe its the insomnia. I think his moods and blackouts need further exploring if there is no improvement soon. He needs to get to a place mentally where he feels IF something else is going on, then its best to figure it out and take advantage of whats out there to help him stabilize. This is the only thing I kept reinforcing to Mr Blue. Whatever is going on with his depression and anxiety, lets figure it out and remain positive there is a solution, there would be options and then he can make an informed decision. He was still in control but would be working from a place of knowledge. This usually works with him because of his personality.

Last night was fun Tod. I will write more about it, and reply prob tomorrow. Im at my parents now.

Pinkcloudscharley, I was thinking about the mapping stuff. The doctor encouraged him, and he was positive about it, youve mentioned it a few times like want to work on it now? . This sounds like his normal way, delay and cough cough procrastinate? I guess use your mapping and knowledge to know how far you can go in encouraging him to work with you. To the point he becomes agitated probably not good. I think I would start on my own then for now. When hes in a good mood, tell him your going to be sitting down to work on mapping some of your own emotions later in the day and if he wants to join you then maybe you can collaborate. If not, think about your side because like today, his behavior changes without much notice. Insomnia might be the precursor, but Im sure you can identify changes in how you feel emotionally and what helps get you through with as much calm and peace as possible.
Maybe devote small chucks of time and notify him prior so he can choose. Make it a relaxing time with a popcorn snack or something you enjoy.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Well it looks like I have lots to reply to TOD! Lol I will, but it won't be till tomorrow!

Having a quieter day today.

Sorry About hubs and his being off the rails today. I hope you figure out what it is? I suppose it's possible it's bipolar. One thing I read....not sure how true it is though....but the article said that it's not possible to diagnose an alcoholic/addict newly recovered because of PAWS? That it wouldn't be a valid diagnosis? Idk how much truth there is in that or not? But it's possible it's just paws and only temporary? Anyway, I really feel for you!
This is that article I read.
http://whatmesober.com/paws/

TOD lots to comment on...and I will! thanks for the ideas! Very good ones I might add!

Blue hope you're having a good time?

Well, I just ran out of coffee. That is one substance I refuse to give up on! Ha! I need my coffee! I happen to have two dollars in my wallet and will rush out to the dollar tree to buy a couple dollar packs of French vanilla or hazelnut. I better get going they close in an hour!

See you all later!

By the way it's my 50th day off the cigs! Yay!
Old 03-09-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

PCCharley: Today is/was Sunday! Kids are home too! This probably had H on edge! Since Jethro has been home now 24/7 for several months? Always sitting in the living room on the floor in front of his little bench with the laptop on it! I never get anything done! When I start to do something in the kitchen or any place else in the house? Here he comes! Even at night when he's in bed? I'll close his bedroom door to keep the noise down and he'll come barrelling out of there at one point bching about leaving the door open because it gets cold back there! It's always amazing to me though how he snores LESS and sleeps better in the colder room! But HE knows best and I've gotten tired of arguing with him. And since he just showed his azz while I'm in the middle of getting stuff done when working? I continue on w/o worrying about the noise I'm making! When you butt heads with common sense up against someone with a head full of smarts? Someone's gonna have to bow out! Which is usually myself! LOL But that doesn't mean I'm going to walk on egg shells either!

I went to bed early Saturday morning! Only to have the RLS kicking in full blown! ARGH! I didn't want to sleep all day so I didn't take one of my leg pills! At 11:00 AM I finally got up! I felt like the walking dead though! Jethro asked me "why was I up so early?" I told him why and said "I probably wouldn't be up long!" An hour later I laid back down. My legs started in again and I said "the hell with it! I took a pill and passed out!" Woke up at 8:00 PM! I heard Jethro on the phone while I was in the bathroom! When I heard him asking directions and saying "I'll come take a look at it tomorrow afternoon!" I thought "Oh hell! Now what?" I get to the kitchen, turn my coffee pot on and walk into the living room! I ask "What was that phone call about?"

Jethro is all of a sudden really interested in his newspaper! Wonderful! He finally says "I found a 4-wheeler in the paper for $200.00 that needs a little work to get it running!" Hmmmmmmmm First I say! "We already have a 4-wheeler. We don't need another one!" Second I say! "You haven't worked in almost five months! We don't have the extra money right now!" He's steadly working on the puzzle in the newspaper! Not looking up one time! I leave the room to get dressed and come back to the kitchen to get my coffee! He's all of a sudden found Maria on the back of the couch is needing LOTS of his attention! Sigh! I come out here on the porch and check the checking account. With what we have in the bank and the mortgage payment still needing to clear! There wouldn't be a lot of money left in the bank if he rushed off and spent $200.00 on a 4-wheeler we don't need! ARGH!

I go back inside and say "I checked the bank account! This is where we are right now!" He wouldn't turn to look at me. Just kept fussing with Maria and talking to her! I knew he was hearing me though! He knew he was in HOT water with me! I'm SOOOO glad I got up and overheard the conversation! Finally I said "I'd really appreciate it if you would STOP looking to buy things for repairing and START getting rid of stuff!" And I left the room! The few times I came inside before he went to bed? He made sure he got all involved with Maria or Mr Cotton! He can be SOOOO childish at times! And I'm also grateful we haven't filed our taxes yet and got that money back either! Because he would have used that as a reason to go buy the damned 4-wheeler! As hard as I try to get ahead? I'm always sliding backwards because of things he'll do! That 4-wheeler would probably end up costing us $500-$600.00 by the time he bought the parts for it too.

Jethro is always complaining about never having the time to get things done around here! He's had five months to get things done and barns cleaned out too! None of it has been done. Wait! He did get the gas lines put in that took one week! You can bet he gets those naps in every day though! A 3 to 5 hour nap! And today is national nap day if y'all didn't know? He'll use that as a reason to take one today! It's also national get over it day!

Blue: I have to agree on the mapping thing where H is concerned! He seems to be in full agreement with things while in the doctor's office. After getting home? Not so much! So? PCC! Get your tablet out and start writing/typing your mapping theories down. Take this to y'all's next appointment together and show it to the doctor! This will bring the subject up in a safe area!

CleaninLI: You know as well as I do not every day is going to be a pinkcloud day! (Said as a statement to you, not as a negative to you! As in you have the same knowledge!) Even the non-recovering folks that's never been an addict have the ups and downs too! My SD's 1st XH is bipolar! Or she says so anyway! All I know is he's F'ed up! Always causing trouble for her and the two boys! The law and DHS know his name well! I personally HATE labels of any kind! My XBIL's parent's were all delighted/thrilled when he was diagnosed with PTSD after his time in the Army! WTH? They love titles! I hope H's appointment in April can get to the bottom of his problem!
.....H isn't going to be able to bounce back to himself like he would if he was recovering from a 3 day cold! His mind and body have a long road ahead of himself to get it together. Alcohol was his means of survival! That has now been taken away! He's probably feeling like he's on a lifeboat in the ocean w/o any oars! Water all around him and can't drink a drop of it! And then there's the responsibilities of a wife, kids, bills and taking care of the home!
.....I'm really glad I went away for 30 days to a rehab center! I was a mess when I was coming off the opiates and mad at the world! I cussed out everybody within earshot of me! The group I was in there with would ask me to speak in the group meetings and I told them to all go to hell the first week! I got up and stood looking out the window while they carried on! I could have checked myself out and left any time I wanted to, but I didn't! I didn't want to participate, but I was listening! The 2nd week rolled around and I was asked to speak again! I looked around the group and started crying. I couldn't stop the tears! That was my breaking point! I couldn't stop talking the remainder of my time there. The last day I was there? I was told I was like a butterfly that had come out of her cocoon! It felt wonderful to be past it! They had taken a picture of me when I got there. They took a picture of me before I left. Then compared the two side by side. OH MAN! What a difference! And then I went home! Back to all the stuff to do I used to pop pills to get it done! It was a whole new life to start living again! Being a wife and mother again!

Give H time! Time is what got him to where he is now! Time is what it takes to heal!

TOD
Old 03-09-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

CleaninLI: A GREAT BIG CONGRAT's ON YOUR 50 DAYS OFF THE CIG'S!

TOD
Old 03-09-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

It seems I have Ds's stomach bug. I've been sick for 12 hrs now, i can't even drink water. Ugh. Stomach bugs are the worst ones to me. Kept H up again all night and I know lack of sleep is bad for him. He has to work late tonight so he came home for a nap. But very thankful he took Ds to daycare, i just need to get up the energy to get him later

Clean, a big CONGRATULATIONS on your 50 days!! Woot woot!!

I'll write more later.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Thank you TOD for the congrats! It's rough but doable. I am assuming the angel is someone from my daughter's school. The only strange thing is that she was in two different schools since this began? I probably mentioned somewhere that my daughter is visually impaired. Blind in one eye and severely nearsighted in the other. She has the same vision therapist since kindergarten. So I've narrowed it down to either her vision teacher or she was put on a list for an organization that serves the blind? These are the only assumptions I have?

I can relate to what you said about Jethro talking about something you aren't interested in. My husband does that too. I try to appear interested just to humor him but when it goes on and on and I have something to do...I can usually be saved by....one of the kids asking me for something, the phone ringing....or when all else fails my over active bladder! Ha!

Wow the peace after the storm! Loving it! Hey guys hope you had a nice weekend. Mine was so so. Very busy on Saturday with doctors appt. a little less on Sunday. But it's always noisy, chaotic and seems I never have enough time for all I need to get done! I welcome weekdays while kids are in school and it's quiet and peaceful. I do not get interrupted each time I want to do something. Which reminded me of what you said TOD about Jethro...that times 4! Ha!

Today is the day we are supposed to get our car back! We dropped it off a few weeks ago at the collision shop. Someone from my husband's work had slipped into it (while it was parked) and put a huge dent on the drivers side door. Luckily, they gave us a rental to use. It's funny cause we like this rental....maybe more than our own car. Lol It was never a model we thought to buy. A KIA hybrid. We have a CHEVROLET CRUZE. But we like that it feels roomy and we sit up a little taller in it. It gives a feel of an SUV. It's also very economical! Hmm, something to think about when we are ready to trade our car in for a new one.

My daughter and I just watched Grey's Anatomy..... last Thursdays episode. It was so good....kept me on the edge of my chair! When it was all thru I turned to my daughter and said, Wow, you would have been good as a surgeon!" She has a lot of the qualities necessary to be one. She snapped back, "thanks for rubbing it in my face!" I just looked at her with my mouth open, "Say what?" Then she went on having a fit that it was exactly what she wanted to be and she could never be that now....it's too late and you want to make me feel bad....etc.... I just got up and walked straight into my room without saying a word.

A few minutes later she came in and said she was sorry but that she was feeling bad about not going to medical school.

I knew medicine was up there in her choices when she was making decisions but she picked teaching over it a long time ago. I've thought the same thing....if I chose a different career path or pursued a different degree. I think we all probably have...right? I told her I didn't know she had so much regret about it or I wouldn't have said that. I meant what I said as a compliment. I told her I've felt regret too about some things and that sometimes we just feel bad because we watched something that glamorizes it and it looks exciting. It's not always true. It's better to judge something realistically as it is in the real world not on a tv program. Also, it's never too late to change our paths. If it's something you truly want to do and you regret not choosing it. She said, no, she just feels a little useless right now. Which I can understand. She is waiting to get into grad school. So it's been a waiting game for her and boring! Also, her good friend is graduating pre-med and will soon be going to medical school. I wonder if that bothers her too? Then her other close friend is almost thru with pharmacy school. She must feel like life is passing her by? I can understand that!

Ok...gotta make lunches...or snacks whatever it's called! Ha! But kids are now home and hungry! So see you later!
Old 03-09-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Whoops charley I was busy writing while you were posting! Thank you for the congrats and I hope you feel better soon! The stomach flu is the worst! Praying for ya right now!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Im back!

Congratulations on 50 days, now 51 days Clean!! I hope your feeling better too. I think you had something like paws for a while there. It can come and go for a while, but hopefully you will recognize it for what it is, if it comes back and know it will pass.

I think its cool your daughter has a special guardian angel. Does she have a Godmother by chance? They can do sneaky things? When I was a kid every once in a while my aunt would bring a bag of clothes from her daughter who was a couple years older than me. Me and my sister would go through it and see what fit each of us. Our cousin lived a few hours away so we never had to run into anyone who asked isnt that x shirt! Hahaha. It was all used but in good shape, we were kids and it was always fun to get new stuff no matter where it came from.

Sorry your sick PinkCloudsCharley. I love your new name! I hope it is the 24 hour kind of bug. There is a commercial here for a cold medicine, the mom walks into her daughters room, the little girl is dressed in mismatched clothes with a princess theme, the mom says sorry, im going to need a sick day today from the door. The girl looks at her! Say what? Then it says moms cant take sick days, try whatever flu medicine. Its funny,and true for parents. But its good youve got a daycare break!

Oh Tod hahah no I didnt know canada had a maple motif going on. Not until Mr Blue told me. I think I said something like the cookies are shaped like little maple leaves and are from Canada. Then he told me about their flag, hockey. Suggested we go to some place like Toronto when we have a long weekend and want to go someplace new. Hes been there and said they have plays, a botanical garden, zoo, and he thinks Id like it.

I saw your avatar said Chinese Silkies mom! Haha you and Jethro use the kids to avoid confrontations and to diffuse arguments. Now what does this do to them psychologically? They have both their mom and dad wrapped around their little toes! It would be so cool to call in one of those pet psychics to relay their feelings about this situation! Ik ik.

I had so much fun on Saturday at my inlaws. I was getting a little nervous thinking about after dinner and if I was going to have to chat about all kinds of intellectual things, and yes I can do it! believe it or not. But its no way to spend a Saturday night. I decided to take some board games wirh me, and I stopped and got a bag of frozen cookie dough. They are ready to bake Tollhouse. I know you must all think I eat like a huge piggie, but its in moderation USUALLY. I cant accept sweets have such a tiny place on the food pyramid!

After dinner I told them I brought the games or said we could play cards, but Im not good at cards really. Mr Blue is teaching me poker tho. We all decided on monopoly, and we played for over two hours. His dad plays a lot like my husband, same game piece, wanted to be the banker! Ha! They were laughing and smiling and I think they had fun too. My husband called and they got to talk to him and were happy. It got so late with the time change they asked me to stay the night, but the pets at home needed to go outside and eat, plus I had plans to go to church with my parents the next day. They gave me hugs and I went home.

Ive missed Mr Blue, but Ive been ok all on my own, not anxious or worried about him.

I like to hike too. Walking is good exercise, uneven ground is good as long as you've got the right shoes. Being out in nature is relaxing. I like to use the hammock out by the squirrel area. This is how we found injured Jaguar because we were hanging out in the yard. Yoga is good too, its a lot of stretching and holding poses, some meditation while your doing it so it eases tension. Its neat how it doesnt require any fancy equipment, only moving your body, and a comfy mat of some kind.

Clean I almost forgot! More food talk. The other day when I got the maple cookies, I also got Biscoff cookies. I would stick to the spread I think. The cookies dont have as much flavor and you have to chew. Their color looked a little burnt or dark, but it says good with coffee. You could always put a dab of spread on a vanilla wafer and it would be good with coffee too. Ive only ate two, so see how I moderate. Ha!
Old 03-09-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Blue I just love how you brought those games over to play with your in-laws! They must be so relieved and happy to know your husband is in good hands! So who won the game? You or Daddy-in-law?

Thanks....you are right Blue it's day 51 today!

My daughter has a a God mother but she doesn't live here in this area! I think if it were from her or another family member it would have been sent thru the mail.

I really think is someone in her school or she was put on a list? Her name and birthday are the only things on the bags and it's spelled the longer official version like they spell it in her school.....not the shorter nick-name way.

My SIL from my husband's side used to give us gently used clothes for my son. She has two boys that she shops a lot for.....so there had been a lot they grew out of. But now they are pretty much completely grown and haven't had anything to hand down....I don't think.

But it really helps that my daughter gets these bags of clothes! It's been so helpful! I really appreciate this lovely angel and I know my daughter does too! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! Whoever you are!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:35 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Aw fudge, SR ate my post! Or maybe my phone did. Either way I had a huge post and it's gone. Wahhhhh!

H stepped up in a big way today. And all he said was "teamwork, right?" yay! Something is sinking in!

Still sick but have been able to keep liquid down now. I hate being sick.

Clean, congrats on 51 days! You are awesome!!!

I'll post later when the words stop swimming.

Where's Butter?
Old 03-09-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

I hope u feel better soon. Its good you got some liquids down, dont need to add dehydration to the mix. Way to go for your husband. Yes teamwork!

I cant believe you forgot about the surprise from husband coming up Clean! I didnt forget! The real reward is the accomplishment and cheers to better health.

Haha your gonna give me a big head, but I do think my inlaws are lucky they got me as a DIL. Ive seen a couple of his past girlfriends, the ones you dont take home to mom! His mom won! It got a little unfair at the end because FIL sold out for love! They double teamed me, did a sort of merger or unequal trade not of fair value and I was running out of money with all those hotels and fees. I demanded a rematch when husbunny can play. I think we were all getting tired and started breaking the rules to come to a conclusion.

Yes where is Butter? I better check my messages. Maybe she sent me another cute squirrel pic? Its almost time for her spring break!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Haha I'll bet it got crazy....we do the same sometimes. Start auctioning off our properties and stuff! But it looks like you all had fun!

Charley my dear I hope you can get some rest tonight! You poor thing! Those stomach bugs are so painful! The absolute worst! I so hope you feel better soon!

Butter where are you? Eyes its been a long time! Check in guys!
Old 03-10-2015, 01:10 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

I might need a couple days to catch up on everything.

Congrats on Day 52 Cleanin... no more cigarettes... So happy for you.
It looks like you had a very busy weekend... as usual.. how is your husband doing with his new job? Is he happy he made the change, and the people are friendlier and more pleasant work environment? He must be on his 3rd moth by now..

It was funny reading about the gardening commercials while you have all the snow and cold weather. But it improved a little over the weekend? Soon the kids will be able to spend some time out in the yard? Did your son like to put dirt, twigs, and various other items he found outside in his pockets when he was very little? Sometimes I forget to look and end up with all kinds of stuff in the washer. I think it must be a boy thing?

PinkCloud - Im sorry to hear your sick.. stomach virus are the worst. And its so hard not to catch things when we have little kids. Wonderful your husband is supporting you, and I like his comment about teamwork.
I reposted the article from last week on the Alcoholic 12 step forum per suggestion of the mods/admin.

Blue - Game night sounded like a perfect idea. We used to play board games... before our son.. I guess we still do play plenty of games come to think of it, but they are all in his age bracket. Hopefully we will gradually move into something like Monopoly Jr.

Butter - haven't seen you post in a while.. last post looked like you were coming down with something too.. the thermometer smile gave it away.. hope your feeling better and just busy planning for your trip.

Come back and check in with us when you can Eyes..

Tod - why do you think you had a flare up of RLS? Hope it improved.. you have some prescribed meds for it I think? Did Jethro make a move on the four wheeler? LOL My husband will find things at sales sometimes he doesn't need.. things that generally have a motor and need some kind of work. He likes to make them work, and that's usually the end of it because he doesn't need whatever it was.. I guess its good he hones his skills.

Quiet weekend at home didn't venture out to check on SR.. sorry if I missed some things in the post.. I will read more.. its getting late again.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hey girls!

I'm sorry i've been so quiet lately. I had a cold, some assignments for school and on top of everything dealing with life being a huge I don't want to talk about it here, it's hard to understand for others. So i just keep it to myself (and some wonderful friends). And i was generally in a crappy mood.
My trip is coming up soon, so i hope being away will help me to figure everything out, get better and hopefully find a way to deal with everything.

PinkCharley: Congrats on your new name, i love it. I hope you feel better and i owe you a PM. Sorry!

(((blue))) i owe you an email too, sorry! (((clean))) (((allfor))))
Old 03-10-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

BUTTER!! I'm sorry you haven't been well, no worries about the PM, just wanting to make sure you were still alive! I hope you have a wonderful fantabulous trip

Well, back at work today and wondering if maybe I didn't push it too much. LOL have to move s-l-o-w-l-y but it's good to be out of bed at least. And it was sure nice that H helped out yesterday. He took time off work to get DS from daycare and run DD to dance, which would have been out of the question when he was drinking. When he was drinking, it seemed every thing he would do for me would be something he could hold against me. he was so angry all the time! It was great to hear him offer to help out.

My mom picked DD up from dance and brought some supper for DS (poor little guy, I couldn't deal with food at all) and stayed and cleaned up a bit. And asked a lot of questions. I never told her what was happening with H, and he told her when he went through detox at Christmas. She has anxiety and worry issues, and I knew telling her would only make her stay up nights and give her panic attacks. I hope I answered her questions well enough, but she'll ask them all again next time, lol. It was nice to have the extra help and she means well, sometimes I just want to protect her because I know all of this is causing a lot of sleepless nights for her

Clean, I am so proud of you and your 52 days now! Or is it 53 now? It's awesome! How are you feeling? Is it getting easier?

I know I'm missing a lot of stuff here, i'll go back and re-read what I missed when I have more time. Trying to get caught up in work too
Old 03-10-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

((Butter)) Its good you showed up. Last night I was telling Clean I was worried about you, and she might need to run over to Boston and do a wellness check! And take peanuts for the squirrel.

Your back at work already after yesterday! Take it easy, may e it was a 24 hour bug.
Thanks for your share on the other thread, i think u posted while i was writing. Geesh all i wanted to do was share my personal experience. We soo need stickies for educational purposes.

H ended up getting through the weekend ok and back on track. Im happy he was able to be there when u needed him. Oh yeah parents worry dont they. Mine were not happy at all when they found out the facts of our situation. But Im proud of you for talking to her and sharing what you felt was appropriate. Remember before when u were very uncomfortable letting people know? Youve come a long way !

I cant believe Im here before Clean today!

Still dont know for sure if Mr Blue will be home this week. I hope so, but we're both doing ok.

Wheres Tod today?
Old 03-10-2015, 01:51 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Oh I hope Mr Blue will make it home for you this week or upcoming weekend! I'm sure both of you would enjoy some time together.

Yes, I kind of snuck in on the other thread. I don't understand the animosity over CRAFT. I mean, if it works, even for one person, shouldn't we celebrate that?! H also does AA as I've said before and if that works too, great ... I just don't understand why there can't be more than one side to things.

H did manage to get back on track. DD said yesterday that she has noticed he and I are problem solving so much better now. She said he is more willing to listen and talk things through, before he would just come out no holds barred. He has a lot of memory problems, I think this is a sign of PAWS, right? He'll say or ask something and an hour later ask the same thing, but that's getting better. I am getting better at being open about this, I'm realizing this affects more people than I realize. Everyone that I talk to has a relative or a friend who suffers from this. It's so sad.

It's quiet here today!