It's all about me Part 3

Old 03-28-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's how you post videos!
At the top of your page you'll see the address line to a link. Hi-lite the whole thing by clicking inside the box and then from the ='s sign back? Copy that much of it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNZ9HfaJl04
Click on the Tube box! The next to the last box on the Bold Italic Underline line!

Paste the link you copied after the ='s sign inside the brackets! Then submit your post. It should come up with the song!

Or? Go here and see what's posted if my instructions are confusing! http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ng-videos.html

TOD
Old 03-28-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Oh thank you TOD I'll try that!

Hi there Charley! I see you!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Lol just popping in for a sec. We decided to have an early date and went to a garden show. It was nice to smell real flowers again.

This weekend has been nice so far. I hope it can continue. We are trying to tell each other something we appreciate about the other every day, h said in the car on the way to the garden show, that he appreciated me bringing up the depression topic. Shock!!! He said he's been skirting the issue, not wanting to deal with it and now it's in the open and he appreciated that. I even had to ask him to repeat that, I was so surprised!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Wow charley that's awesome! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 03-29-2015, 01:42 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

A variety for y'all!

TOD
Old 03-29-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

This one grabs hold of me and shakes me to the core! Here where we live is close to railroad tracks too. I hear the trains 24/7!

TOD
Old 03-29-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I got up around 3:00 PM today! Jethro was outside. I picked Maria up and took her to the porch with me. While sitting here at the computer he walked in. He said a crisp good morning to me and went to the couch. I went in to get my jacket on to take Maria to the outside pen for a little while. He was sitting on the couch with his head bent all the way back and his hand on his forehead like he was in pain. I didn't say anything. When I came back inside he was in the bedroom asleep! He slept until 8:00 PM!

He opened the door and looked out here. I told Maria her daddy had finally woke up. All in all? We probably said less than 50 words to each other thru the night! That's okay by me. I want at least one night w/o crying!

I finally got the kitchen cleaned up. The sink has been full of dirty dishes for several days now. They were beginning to stink! After the last few nights? I just wasn't in the mood to deal with it!

If it came down to me having to leave? My sister has her home I could move into! Her son is living there right now. My 18 yro nephew! She lives across the lake with her husband! She would have NO problem with me moving in there! And she wouldn't have a problem with me bringing Molly with me either!

Cleanin: I finally got to watch the videos you posted earlier today! I laughed when one of them is one I have in my list of music to listen to! Mariah's Hero!

Charley: I'm glad you're having a nice weekend! Y'all deserve it!

Blue: I'm jealous! I'd love to have some time to myself around here!

Allfor: Since Easter egg dying is being mentioned? Did y'all know if you pour vinegar into the wash water when you wash a bright colored piece of clothing for the first time it will set the dye in it? Keeps it from fading quickly!

I watched a Richard Pryor show where he was live on stage. God! I laughed so hard!

TOD
Old 03-29-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Tod,

I didnt clean it! Yet. Hahahaha
Old 03-29-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by BlueChair View Post
Tod,

I didnt clean it! Yet. Hahahaha
Well don't goofy! There's no telling how many years of past heritage has had their hands on that bolt! Don't you know you aren't supposed to redo/clean antics?

Quit going thru the toolbox! You aren't using them now! You're just being nosey at this point!

It would take me a month to go thru all of Jethro's tools around here! He could furnish a tool store with the amount he has around here! He worked for SnapOn Tools for 12 years before getting laid off. And worked on Professional race cars before that! ARGH!

TOD
Old 03-29-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Well don't goofy! There's no telling how many years of past heritage has had their hands on that bolt! Don't you know you aren't supposed to redo/clean antics?

Quit going thru the toolbox! You aren't using them now! You're just being nosey at this point!

It would take me a month to go thru all of Jethro's tools around here! He could furnish a tool store with the amount he has around here! He worked for SnapOn Tools for 12 years before getting laid off. And worked on Professional race cars before that! ARGH!

TOD
Me nosy? There is such neat stuff and I had to show my sis the one thing because it was funny. His grandfather sent him home with a whole bunch of stuff last year and this is where some of its coming from. But yeah your right, some are antiques. There are umm I dont know their names but they are very aged. I will give you more pics when I can. At my parents now for dinner. My sister spent the night after we shopped, and then went to church with me today. Mr Blue is still away for work, but playing golf yesterday and today.

Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 03-29-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Yes the one object could be a funny gag gift! There are some strange names on tools and parts I must confess to!

I grew up surrounded by tools of all sorts! My dad being an electrician and a doer in so many other things, had all sorts of tools and gadgets for use! And I used many of them myself! I loved the smell of gasoline! I could sit and sniff that stuff all day! Good thing I'm not a huffer! Geeeeezzzzz Now I just bury my face in a bag of freshly opened Gevalia coffee! ROFL What a thrill! Mom is amazed at how well I can smell things now due to being a smoker and all the other things I did to my poor nose! Ik Ik I'm telling my secrets again!

Jethro is acting himself today! He's been working on the riding lawnmowers, mowing the grass and now working on a new tin cover for one of the places he has stuff! He didn't talk to me until I spoke to him first! Almost acts embarrassed in a way! Maybe he's trying to abstain from the pain meds? That would be grand if he did! I sure don't love the other Jethro!

I try and try again being the happy person I know I am now. But thanks to Jethro's pill popping and nasty moods? I stay hidden on the porch and away from him. I wanna get back to our happy selves again! It's gonna take him to steer clear of the pain meds in order for that to happen though!

He always complains about his aches and pains! Well I have them too! I've learned to find other things to help me feel better in order to stay off the pain meds. They only work for a little while anyhow! I remembered this morning he's been on them since 2009! It was after his 1st knee surgery he started taking them and hasn't stopped. I know I went years taking a small amount too. But at one point I started needing more and more. Hopefully he'll stop them before he reaches that point himself. He wasn't too happy with me when I pointed out I knew he had just gotten another refill the other night! A drug user thinks they are sneaky, but the truth always comes out!

Okay! I better get Marvin's crate cleaned out and ready for him. I also need to go see if he's picking a fight with Mr. Cotton. Roosters love fighting each other!

TOD
Old 03-29-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Wow Tod that's a long time to be on pills. I hope he's starting to realize what it's doing to his body, his mind and your marriage.

Blue sounds like you are having a wonderful weekend!

Clean, Butter, Allfor - hope all of you are having great weekends!

Our day is ok. Not as nice as yesterday, but ok. H is in a funk but he did tell me he's feeling a lot of anger today and it's not about me or dd or Ds. He said he'll be feeling like this for a while and just to know it's nothing I did. I can't help but think this is connected to the talk we had yesterday about depression, but at least he's being open about it now. I know anger always masks another emotion, but at least he's starting to verbalize a bit and not explode at us.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Charley: You would think he would! But I don't think so! It sure didn't bother him to tell me I needed to get off the pain meds! Hell! I knew I needed to and got as much done around the place as I could before I ran out of them. It took me a good two weeks to get back to feeling alive again! Able to do things again w/o running out of energy!

I just laugh now when he says: "He/She really needs to quit drinking or drugging!" He doesn't see it in himself! I've tried too long and too many times to get him to see he's the same way as them. Just flies right over his head! And if it becomes a heated conversation? He always, always calls me a PRO at knowing the opiate world! I do believe I honestly am a PRO in this category! HMPH! I have the tire marks across my azz to prove it too! All those years of running back and forth to pick up the opiates!

This guy I know says whenever he goes off the pain meds he gets depressed! So with H being depressed? I'd say it's part of the healing process! At least he was honest with you and told you it was his problem. Nothing y'all did to cause it!

The problem I see with myself using the pills is the up and down feelings. The longer I stay off the pain meds? The better I start to feel! It's like having this water faucet knob that gets turned off and on in my brain whenever I use the pain meds. If I ever take just one? The faucet gets turned back on for the good feelings to run rampant thru my body again. When I stop taking them? The faucet gets turned off and it takes me a long time to dry out from the good feelings I had. All the other things get turned on though. The crying at everything. The sneezing. The moodiness. The full blown RLS. And then I start to level out again. The RLS is the worst of it! If nothing else works? The RLS alone makes me think long and hard before taking another pain pill. I was born with this problem and have it off an on anyway. But not like when I'm coming off the pain meds.

H is going to have lots of ups and downs! It's what RA's go thru! It's kind of like a child loving their chocolate milk. When you take it away? The child will throw a fit and get moody. The child will hate you for a period of time too!

Okay! Gotta check on supper!

TOD
Old 03-30-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Ugh I feel like I need to be 12 people today, not just 4 for work! Hopefully i'll get through this day alive ...

I'll check in when I can, and whenever my eyes start to focus again ... too many papers on my desk ...
Old 03-30-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

hey ladies!

I owe you an apology, i've made myself awfully scarce here. I'm well though, trying to get hold of my life again and trying to figure things out for my future.
I am going to be honest, one of the reasons why I stopped posting is because to a lot of the current topics i can't relate to/ don't know a lot about it and about the interesting stuff that is going on in my life i can't and don't want to talk about on a public board. I miss you all though and hope you are all doing well!

Charley, i'm glad things are going better with H. I understand why you keep wanting to try. I keep my fingers crossed that it will work out for you.

Allfor, Clean, Blue (((((hugs)))))
Old 03-30-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hey Butter! I owe you a long catch up note. Totally understand where your coming from. I hope the time away from school and everything helped you sort your thoughts. Im sorry you couldnt go home for g.grandmas service. ((Butter))

Hey Charley,

I sent you an article, we can post it if you think its helpful. I was trying to find one explaining the concept a little different and more detail. But a thread on the topic and we could add interesting points as we go along might be cool for reference.

I remember you said it was gonna be a multiple hat week for you! Im sorry its so busy. Take good care of yourself and remember to stop, pause, breathe. I was impressed by Mr Charley and the communication. Fingers crossed its a smooth week.

Hi Clean and Allfor. I emptied by box, sorry didnt know it was full but I got the message.

I have a lot of work to do before holiday time. Today and tomorrow are my only full days. Wednesday Im using half day thanks to staying at work late last week when I was trying to share on the thread. It works out good because Mr Blue will be back tomorrow and says he will work half day on Wed too. Then we can have lunch and get an early start for our trip North for a couple days. Then we come back and its supercharge to get ready for Easter at our house. My sis said I have my baking and holidays all screwy. She said the carrot cake is good, but apple dumplings are more Fall. She suggested some pudding type things and berry pies. She offered to help so yay! Gonna be a busy week.

Tod, I like the water faucet comparison! Im soo happy one day was good with Jethro over the weekend. Its gotta be so sad for you seeing him caught in the cycle. Your so aware of it because you lived it. I still dont understand how the doctor can keep subscribing. He must really believe there are medical problems and he needs them? I mean Jethro isnt dr shoping, its his main VA doctor. This part I find so weird because I thought they were trying to be more aware on the medical side of things, all doctors? And a big VA place ? #disappointing

still gotta work on my song Clean. Know any busy bee songs I can whistle while I work? Ha!
Old 03-30-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hi ladies!

Good to see you all! Busy today so not much time to chat! My son was home sick today. He is all stuffed up and coughing. Says his throat is hurting too. So I kept him home to rest. Of course it's never restful for me when one of the kids is home from school. Ha!

Butter it's so good to see you! Hugs back!

Charley hope it gets easier at work. Sorry hubs was having a rough time yesterday.

Blue you sound very busy too.

I guess this week a lot of people will be scrambling to get everything done before Easter. Allfor you must be busy too.

Happy cooking Blue! It's nice your sister will be helping you. I forgot is she younger or older than you? I'm sure you told me but I can't remember.

TOD those are nice videos and sorry about Jethro. It must be so frustration.

Whoops my rice is boiling over!

Bbl when I have more time.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here ya go Blue!

TOD
Old 03-30-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continued here http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5292025