Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Day One’s a thing of the past? Weekenders 23 - 26 September 2022

Notices

Day One’s a thing of the past? Weekenders 23 - 26 September 2022

Old 09-23-2022, 07:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's me done for the week, I went in for a few hours on Saturday so I finished at lunchtime.

Interesting to hear some Timo Maas (and Brian Molko come to that) People might be hearing some of this track from a year or two prior to the one CH posted as FIFA use it and we have a World Cup on the way. This is being mimed unfortunately but the official video is dull.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:29 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Looking forward to a night alone. My husband is going bow hunting. I am going to curl up on the couch and binge watch something and eat some popcorn. Then tennis in the morning.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:08 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I hope Mr CBS has good and safe hunting trip.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:25 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

That's a very good Friday song, Sao. I like it!
Old 09-23-2022, 08:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I went to group therapy yesterday and unloaded some major things to the group and felt great doing it. I am starting individual therapy next week with the person who runs group therapy and I feel really comfortable in doing that. We are going to start off week to week and go from there.

I've had some amazing talks with my girlfriend and we both agreed that we have to put down the hard core stuff. We have both partaken but its not worth it anymore for either of us. She is also able to stop and return to everyday life and I'm not.

I'm looking for a part-time job to have some income coming in and to keep my brain occupied. I've got 1 interview on Monday morning so we'll see what happens with that.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I hope things all work out AthensDawgs.

I've not felt too good today. I started sneezing three days ago (I was sneezing on and off all day), started feeling shivery a couple of days ago and yesterday had a very sore throat and a wheezy chest. I couldn't sleep last night, I couldn't settle either and have felt very fatigued, cold, restless and miserable all day. I've had something to eat and the fatigue has lifted a little but I hope I feel a lot better either tomorrow or Sunday. I hate sitting, or lying, around the house all day feeling like this. Linking this back to Day One's, it feels a little bit like how I feel when I've been on a Day One. The only difference is I'm not feeling overly anxious or sweaty. And of course, I've got no guilt from having drank for several days in a row like I would on a Day One.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:46 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Get well wishes, Robbie.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:39 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon, Robbie. Take gentle care.
Old 09-23-2022, 01:18 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am so glad I don't drink anymore. I am in such pain in the middle of my back and around to my chest. Went to the ER yesterday and they did lots of tests and said the x ray showed fractures in my upper spine. They fitted me for a back brace and said to wear it when I'm awake and only take it off to sleep. They asked me if I'd had any falls or accidents, and I said no, no falls. I don't know how the fractures happened.

Ck and son in law went to get my pain med at the drugstore and I took one as soon as they got here. So far it still hasn't taken effect. As soon as it does I'm going to take the brace off and go back to bed. The home health nurse was here to change my dressing and said to rest as much as I can to allow the fractures to heal. This pain is awful. . I hurts when I breathe and when I move at all.

I am so damn sick of being in pain.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:00 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Robbie, I hope you feel better soon
Least, you had mentioned you were coughing a little while ago. Often times people can get back fractures from that beleive it or not. Do you have osteoporosis at all? Are they compression fractures? You may need to get a reacher and sock aide to help get dressed so you do not have to bend forward. I am thinking they may have given you back precautions: BLT. No bending, lifting, or twisting
Old 09-23-2022, 02:08 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Alpine, I have two reachers, one for bigger things, one for small things. I've just got to find the box they were packed in.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:29 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Oweee, Ouch Least! No wonder you’ve been in constant pain!
Old 09-23-2022, 03:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good luck with the interview AD! Glad to hear you’re managing to get some good chats with people to help your recovery.

Robbie hope you’re feeling better soon.

Least, that sounds tough! I wish you a full and speedy recovery!

My second consecutive Friday sober… It’s been a long time since I could say that. Off to bed now looking forward to a hangover-free Saturday!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 09-23-2022, 03:42 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I looked at my test results and there were 3 compression fractures in T6, T7, and T8. I've not fallen or had any accidents to cause them so don't know where they came from.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:10 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Most likely a cough or a sneeze Least, I have seen it happen before.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:19 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hello good people! 8 years sober, really struggling lately. Would like to stay close by for the weekend.
Old 09-23-2022, 04:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi melki!!
Old 09-23-2022, 05:05 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi Melki! Holy crap, least. I hope you feel better!!
Old 09-23-2022, 08:40 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Last 3 weeks, three deaths...an uncle, his sister-my aunt and then her husband (died of a broken heart is about right). Once such events seemed to turn grief (which is about the deceased) into drinking...a lot (which is about me). Life goes on,and such events also remind me that in 2015 I was revived 3 times from burns trauma suffered when in blackout. The world is best seen from a mindful, realistic acceptance pov. This round marks about 14 family deaths over the years. I may not be happy, but I am beginning to feel a sense of peace.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:41 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

The three relatives were around 90yo, btw.