Notices

Sober Independence Weekenders 01 - 04 July 2022

Old 07-01-2022, 01:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

PJ, Roxy looks very relaxed and content.

PidgeGAP, welcome to the Weekenders

Old 07-01-2022, 06:58 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

PJ, I'm happy for you that Roxy is settling in. You have given her a new lease on life.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

A CC- 130H Hercules aircraft just flew over my house. It was a fantastic sight! The aircraft did a flyby this morning over the UN Peacekeepers monument in my city. It was flying lower than usual. It was so exciting and I feel quite emotional.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds a fantastic sight Leshar.

Kaily you’ll have muscles on your muscles. Can you get some root powder that kills roots or is that too harsh. Have you chosen a new plant you’d like to put in its’ place yet.

We’ve had some storms here. The heavens opened but the rain didn’t last because it was bouncing. Bouncing rain never lasts…not in England anyways.

Old 07-01-2022, 08:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Cool Leshar!
Mags, I have never heard the term bouncing rain before
I was standing in the self checkout doing my thing, checking out the lemonade and tea for Mr. Alpine when the couple had their cart full of different beers and bags of ice. The worker monitoring the self checkout area said to them " I have never seen a cart that full of beer before" Their response was " We are camping" That is not my idea of camping at all.,good for them I guess. Who am I to judge. I am just happy to be me and not have to have that to go camping. Plus the type of camping Mr. A and I do , that would not be the easiest thing to bring, plus we would not have time to drink because we are too busy doing other things.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hometime!

Welcome to Weekenders PidgeGAP!

Well done PJ!

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Attached Images
Old 07-01-2022, 09:19 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I hope those not feeling well and relatives not feeling well do feel better soon. I've been moving money around so I can pay rent after my $6000 scam loss. I'll get on my soapbox again - change your passwords every 3 months!! These people had my password and it was a complex password. I didn't drink and didn't start smoking, which was most likely. 6 months now with no tobacco. Happy 4th to those in the USA!
Old 07-01-2022, 09:37 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Running Scared way to stay strong with all that mess you had to deal with. I really do need to change my passwords. Nut there are so many!
Old 07-01-2022, 09:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Roxy is a doll, PJ!
Have a great day all! 💖💟☮💞
Old 07-01-2022, 01:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Glad you're not drinking because of it RunningScared, that would have been a double blow. Well done.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Alpine- last summer me and 2 friends were camping overnight at a pristine remote coastal site.
Then 2 4WD arrived...ith 'the boys'...8 young men. Priority was to crank up their portable generator, to keep a portable fridge running. It was full of beer. Then the camping chairs, to sit in to drink beer. Then loud music, to listen to while drinking beer. Lastly the tents and food. They probably didn't move from their campsite. Basically they boughta backyard to the beach. ugh
Old 07-01-2022, 03:41 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

PJ of course she won't let you out of her sight, you're her person now.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:42 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

PJ, that does not sound fun at all. Luckily Mr. Alipne and I have always done disperse camping and find areas tucked away or a fairly rough road to get into so we rarely see anyone and if we do they are like minded and keep things quiet. I hate it when we go to trail heads and there is always that one group with the car that they have to have their radio blasting for everyone to "enjoy".
Old 07-01-2022, 09:38 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

I was just pondering after reading a post in the ‘Overs’ thread. Our coping mechanism when times are hard, or when times are good, our celebration mechanism. Mine was to always pile more booze down my neck. That was all I knew back then. I blindly thought it made it easier (or better) for a while. But it didn’t. It doesn’t, not for me.

And I think, with some humbleness and gratitude, how I got off the booze and learnt (still learning, we never stop do we) to deal with life head on. No hiding behind the bottle anymore. I’m truly grateful I’m sober.

Marty, I hope your granddaughter is enjoying being home from the hospital and probably being spoilt by ‘momma’ and ‘grandma’

MantaLady, hope you’re feeling ok love. Enjoying time to yourself for a while.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 07-02-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Happy weekend everyone. I hope you are well.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
A CC- 130H Hercules aircraft just flew over my house. It was a fantastic sight! The aircraft did a flyby this morning over the UN Peacekeepers monument in my city. It was flying lower than usual. It was so exciting and I feel quite emotional.
We have a Hercules training center just on the other side of the airport. We often see the herc's fly about overhead. If not those then the specially fitted Dash-8 trainers known as 'the Gonzo' because of their big noses.

https://www.canada.ca/en/air-force/s...ft/ct-142.html
Old 07-02-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks for this, STDragon. My husband had a pilot's license and we enjoyed going to air shows.
Old 07-02-2022, 09:15 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
saoutchik

There was an article on the news I saw last night about how some American communities are switching from firework displays to drone shows - pet consideration being one of the things driving it. It was interesting. As a young person I enjoyed them but as a grumpy 61 year old I don't anymore. Also, with so many different communities cheek by jowl, someone is always celebrating something.

Here is a man who regularly set fire to his own head: The Crazy World of Arthur Brown from 54 years ago.

"I am the God of Hell fire and I bring you..."
potted meat sandwiches?

Old 07-02-2022, 10:32 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Here for a sober holiday weekend.

Hi, Roxy!
Old 07-02-2022, 10:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Glad to be sober!
Have a great weekend all!