# 21 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, thanks
Old 06-30-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about ths MLD
Old 06-30-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Sorry about your grand daughter's issues MLD. And fully agree about Independence Day in the US. Won't get into the political but here we are.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

MLD, I hope your granddaughter is better soon.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Mags. Thanks for the new thread. I am in! So glad to be independent of alcohol for 560 days!

Marty I agree about not feeling like celebrating here in the US. Not feeling patriotic at all. We are going in the wrong direction. I will leave it at that so I don't break rules here.

(((Marty))) I hope your granddaughter gets well soon. Thinking of you.

Sao as you said I was fearful of a life without alcohol. Even a day without alcohol was unthinkable in my later years of drinking. I now feel so relieved that I don't have that fear anymore!

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I am having a staycation of tennis, gardening, time with family and probably Stranger Things.

Old 06-30-2022, 11:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders,
Thanks for the opening post Mags.
I'm in for a sober weekend! I've been a slave to alcohol for far too long.

MLD, that is worrisome about your granddaughter. It sounds like she is receiving very good care. I hope she will recover soon.

It's Canada D'eh! here tomorrow. I am happy to not have to worry about liquor store runs, amidst holiday hours.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Yay for Stranger Things! I'll definitely be watching that this weekend. I finished all of the episodes there were as of two weeks ago. I was late to the party, LOL, and only started watching it a couple of months ago.

My granddaughter is improving quickly, and they may send her home a little earlier than they originally thought. I'll be helping out next week taking care of her, since my daughter's job requires that she be physically there, at least some of the time, and she has no PTO left. I can mostly work remotely, and I also have some PTO I can use.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:48 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good news your granddaughter may be coming home early Marty.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:11 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Marty I hope your granddaughter is soon fully recovered.

Old 06-30-2022, 12:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you, Mags, dear one!
Marty, sending prayers for your granddaughter! I hope she gets to come home soon. Seems like we heal better in our own home sometimes.
Have a wonderful weekend all! 💖💟☮💞
Old 06-30-2022, 01:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Glad your granddaughter is improving Marty…poor thing! Hope you guys can still have a good weekend…sending hugs
Old 06-30-2022, 03:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's good news your granddaughter is recovering well MLD51.

Well done on 560 days CBS!

Things could be a lot worse in America - you could have spent another century and a half being ruled by the Brits. You wouldn't like that, believe me.

I was watching Wimbledon earlier. It reminded me that my least favourite Pringles flavour is tennis ball.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Canada D'eh!

D
Old 06-30-2022, 05:24 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Prayers to MLD's grangdaughter.
I will try and size up pics.

We are adapting, dog and me both. I have been alone post burns-and eventual sobriety since Nov. 2015 and many years b4 burns when boozing. That, plus a truckload of mental health disagnosis- having a living thing is very out of comfort zone. What others, including psychologists etc, consider to be very difficult, dsyfunctional,trama based mental health status, has been my normal. Small steps.
Me and dog are on a steep learning curve.
I wAS offline all last night 'cos the large data, getting online-whatever is the correct jargon, had (another) Australia wide outage. The inner critical voice expressed extreme annoyance. Recovery voice kicks in to remind moi I am not homeless anymore, or being bombed in a war, or infirm in a wheelchair- so just accept, letgo of negative emotions and move on.
Attached Images
PhoenixJ is online now Report Post
Old 06-30-2022, 05:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I will join in the Independence weekend and celebrate my own freedom, and yours out there as well.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thank you, Mags. Count me in for a sober weekend.

MLD - glad your granddaughter is improving! Must have been a very scary situation for all.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Oh PG she's so pretty. of course this it is quite an adjustment for both of you. I know that once you get used to each other you'll be best buddies.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm pleased to hear your granddaughter is on the mend, MLD.

PJ I think in a few weeks you will be wondering why you didn't adopt a dog sooner.

I spent many hours taking out a huge shrub yesterday. Today my arms are covered in bruises and I have no idea how I will ever get the roots out though. I am hoping to plant something else there.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If it was me I would call a tree company and see if they could recommend who could take the roots out.
Old 07-01-2022, 01:29 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Kaily I have been trying to get a dog for 3y...management said no...until new tenants with dogs- 2 or 3, moved into vacant units.

Watching current affairs piece on TV station for/by Idigenous people on a treatment rehab (D&A) centre for/by Indigenous people in my little state of South Australia....the Ind. population have a 40% number of their population affected by D & A. It looks good.

Saw psychologist, seen her for years. Given all I've dealt with/am dealing with-re the major depression/anxiety, I am 'doing very well'.

Roxy was good,she had to come too. She can jump 6 foot fences and could get tangled in a lead on a run...also she won't let me out of her sight. I got to the psycholady's consult rooms early and took dog for 10m do her business walk. She was in the car for about 45m. With ventilation. I added a little milk to water- which she drank pre car ride, so well hydrated. When I got back to the car post consult- she was lying on the back seat, in no apparent distress. The another do business walk, then home. Add a walk am and pm, about 2h all up....she is sleeping next to me on da couch.Attached Images