Notices

Take a Break this weekend - Weekenders 04 - 07 March 2022

Old 03-08-2022, 07:10 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sometimes the page is slow to load, other times scrolling is spotty. Don't know if it's my browser or the site.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:46 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders. I have been away for a bit. Trying to catch up now with you and work. I went to see my mother last week who is in hospice and the day we arrived I found out that my brother had died. It was a shock. He was 65. He did have COPD and emphysema but we did not expect to lose him so soon. Anyway, I had to plan the memorial, write his obituary and inform my other siblings, his daughter and my mother. I was surprised to learn that I was my brother's emergency contact and not my other brother who lives in the same town and is very close. It just doesn't feel real. Now I am back home and trying to put one foot in front of the other. I spoke with him on the phone a day before we think he died. He seemed fine. He was on oxygen and short of breath but he had been like that for a while. You just never know when you might lose someone. So tell your loved ones you love them and treasure every moment.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:48 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am really sorry for your loss CBS.

D
Old 03-08-2022, 08:31 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

CBS, I am so sorry your brother died. I understand fully about letting your loved ones know you love them.
Old 03-08-2022, 08:33 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Oh gosh CBS, what an ordeal. I'm so sorry. Lots of hugs and thinking of you.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:52 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, CBS .

End of Day 115 - No signs of AV. Good night from Seattle!
Old 03-08-2022, 11:20 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of your loss CBS.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:25 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

CBS I am very sorry for your loss, you have a lot of difficult stuff going on. Do take of of you too.

Least I hope your Dr is able to help today. I know when on blood thinners you bleed more so bruising often looks dramatic and worse than it normally would. But with the clot as well it is good to be seen by a medic.

I have a painter coming to paint my lounge next week. I have been driving myself mad trying to choose a colour and have spent a small fortune on testers. In fact I have nearly painted the walls myself in a patchwork design with all the different colours I have tried. Desperate to get it right as I will be living with it for the next 20 years or so and can't afford to change it if I don't. It is very hard to make decisions when you are full of self doubt and alone. I need a second opinion, maybe a third fourth and fifth too.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:57 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

CBS, sorry to read about your brother. Take care
Old 03-09-2022, 12:03 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Kaily, for my lounge I go for the bland choice of having three walls painted white with a feature (patterned wallpaper) wall. It saves me from having to trying to choose what colours to use.

It looks like my problem with accessing the SR forums is down to one of the browsers (Firefox) as I can access it with no problems at all on Edge. It must be something in the FF settings that is causing the problem.

It's another lovely day outside. It really does feel like spring is arriving with sunshine and flowers starting to bud. Though, as usual, I imagine winter will have one last visit to make...
Old 03-09-2022, 03:20 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Magsie

Forwards, houses seems to be getting bought up pretty quick where we are, probably same all over UK.

Sun’s shining.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:53 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Magsie

CBS so sorry for the loss of your brother x
Old 03-09-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, I hope you find a colour you can live with. There’s so many out there.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Our Florida weather this week is very early spring like, but this weekend is supposed to dip into the 20s F for another shot of winter. Getting a bit of rain, which is good because there have been some wildfires.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Kaily, I hope the lounge painting goes perfectly. Bold action does not come easily to me either. I start researching online and get analysis paralysis, and have heightened anxiety with no action. I notice though, that like some other things that have plagued me for ever, it's not as bad since I came out of the fog of the drunk-sick-drunk-sick routine.
Old 03-09-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I’m in for the weekend. Sitting, enjoying my coffee on this cold March morning.
Old 03-09-2022, 05:24 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry for your loss CBS sending hugs and prayers your way xx
Old 03-09-2022, 05:32 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

CBS, I'm so sorry for the sudden loss of your brother. Apart from the emotional toll, I know all the attendant paperwork can be exhausting. Look after yourself.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:46 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome, Scott! I'm also in Western Wisconsin. I'm ready for spring... maybe next week it will hit 50! Fingers crossed.

Sorry about your brother CBS. That must have been a shock.

I have been thinking more about the impermanence of life this week, especially. I think having my friend nearly kill himself with his drinking got me in a contemplative mood. On Sunday, I texted my older daughter to ask if we could all get together for dinner or something soon. We live blocks apart but our busy lives get in the way, and sometimes I go months without seeing her and her partner and my granddaughter in person. Covid didn't help. She told me that she's been thinking about that too, because her father (my first ex-husband) had a stroke over the weekend. He's going to be mostly fine, they think, but it could easily have been much worse. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My friend texted me yesterday that he is still in the hospital, but entering residential treatment tomorrow or Friday. His heart issues have mostly gone away since he was admitted last week. They think the heavy drinking for days on end caused the irregular heartbeat that landed him in the ICU for a bit. I'm glad he's getting help. He has also apologized for his BS. I accepted the apology, and told him I will be glad to continue sending him good vibes while he gets his life back together, hopefully.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:16 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
Kaily, I hope the lounge painting goes perfectly. Bold action does not come easily to me either. I start researching online and get analysis paralysis, and have heightened anxiety with no action. I notice though, that like some other things that have plagued me for ever, it's not as bad since I came out of the fog of the drunk-sick-drunk-sick routine.
I love this, analysis paralysis, it is so right. And yes my anxiety and blood pressure are so high and all I'm doing is trying to choose some paint. I'm sure the staff in the shop will be inviting me round for dinner soon.