Old 03-09-2022, 06:46 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Welcome, Scott! I'm also in Western Wisconsin. I'm ready for spring... maybe next week it will hit 50! Fingers crossed.

Sorry about your brother CBS. That must have been a shock.

I have been thinking more about the impermanence of life this week, especially. I think having my friend nearly kill himself with his drinking got me in a contemplative mood. On Sunday, I texted my older daughter to ask if we could all get together for dinner or something soon. We live blocks apart but our busy lives get in the way, and sometimes I go months without seeing her and her partner and my granddaughter in person. Covid didn't help. She told me that she's been thinking about that too, because her father (my first ex-husband) had a stroke over the weekend. He's going to be mostly fine, they think, but it could easily have been much worse. Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My friend texted me yesterday that he is still in the hospital, but entering residential treatment tomorrow or Friday. His heart issues have mostly gone away since he was admitted last week. They think the heavy drinking for days on end caused the irregular heartbeat that landed him in the ICU for a bit. I'm glad he's getting help. He has also apologized for his BS. I accepted the apology, and told him I will be glad to continue sending him good vibes while he gets his life back together, hopefully.