Notices

Take a Break this weekend - Weekenders 04 - 07 March 2022

Old 03-04-2022, 11:37 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Least, I'm glad you like your GI doctor and the scoping is booked.
Free, is it an airbnb/rental unit above/below you? Sounds like different people occupying the place from time to time. I hear you about noise. That would make me go ballistic. I did one time on holiday in a hotel room with an adjoining door to a room occupied by a gang of teenage boys. Kicked in their room door and yelled and I hadn't even been drinking. Its noise that tips me over especially when you're trying to sleep. pushed foam ear plugs in so far that one got stuck and I had to see the hotel doctor to have it removed!
I bet you can't wait to break ground on your home. Hang in there!
Old 03-04-2022, 01:46 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Samantha

Struggling with the AV today.
I work early tomorrow morning so I'm praying I can continue to fend it off.
I'm on day 34 and i was doing well but now, winter is getting to me. 160cm of snow, no sun, and it's been -30 or colder almost every day for months. This is actually one of the worst winters my city has recorded for so long!
Seasonal affective disorder is real!!!
Old 03-04-2022, 02:28 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back Robbie
I hope the appointment went well least

D
Old 03-04-2022, 03:46 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi AR, hang in there! Have you ever tried a SAD light? I couldn't live without mine, it really helps.

Old 03-04-2022, 04:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Samantha

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hi AR, hang in there! Have you ever tried a SAD light? I couldn't live without mine, it really helps.
yes we have one...I don't find it does much. I do not have intentions to drink, just in a blah mood lol.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

anxiousrock, 160cm of snow and -30 temperatures both sound horrendous. When does the weather where you live normally start to improve?
Old 03-04-2022, 04:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Turning out to be a normal Friday night. Eating chips with Billie and surfing the net, especially youtube. I love the quizzes on there and take lots of them. Amazing to see what I've remembered and what I've forgotten.

Dee, the appt went very well. I like the young doctor and got a vibe of trust from him. Have to go thru another colonoscopy and endoscopy but it's not the procedure I hate, but the prep! Yuck!

Billie is sacked out on her blankie. Just her presence in the room makes me feel at peace.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:19 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Samantha

[QUOTE=Robbie64;7774625]anxiousrock, 160cm of snow and -30 temperatures both sound horrendous. When does the weather where you live normally start to improve?[/QUOTE
it has improved a bit the last couple days. Supposed to get more snow next week but....hoping so bad it starts to get nice after that. It will likely flood this spring due to the huge amount of snow! We usually get a couple of very hot summer months so I'll get some vitamin d then
Old 03-04-2022, 06:55 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 22 for me and feeling pretty good today. Trying to spend the weekend in the great outdoors and getting a few things done around the house. I’m looking forward to waking in the morning without a hangover. The coffee will taste sooo good. Glad to be hanging out with you folks and hoping everyone is doing okay. Peace ✌️
Old 03-04-2022, 07:24 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Time2bfree welcome to Weekenders.
Old 03-04-2022, 08:23 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags1
Old 03-04-2022, 09:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nighty night weekenders!

Good morning Mags!
Old 03-04-2022, 10:04 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

End of Day 112 - If you guys remember my interviews last week of Jan for which I prepped up very well, I have an update!

The recruiter let me know that I am being moved forward to the next stage. Nothing is a guarantee yet, but atleast things are moving in the right direction.

Good night from Seattle!
Old 03-04-2022, 11:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

hello all - things are going well here. I had my first full day at my new full time position which went well. I was actually relieved that our first day was Friday instead of Monday. I got some constructive feedback from my trainer and areas that I can improve on. It was nothing I didn't already know but I got some great marks for the day. I have the weekend off which is very nice.

recovery is going extremely well. 115 days with no alcohol.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:58 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Free my neighbours are quiet now as it is winter, they tend to hibernate. We will see what the summer brings.

Least glad you had a good appointment with a nice Dr.

MLD I am pleased you have made peace with your friend. Well done for telling him your boundaries. I hope he finds a way out. I remember being as lost as he is now, it is a frightening, lonely place.

I don't eat meat anymore, last night I dreamt I was forced too, not only that, it was human and it came alive and bit me. It felt so real.
Old 03-05-2022, 12:31 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Yikes, that sounds more like a nightmare than a dream.

calmself and AthensDawgs, congratulations on your sober time. You're both at around the 16 week stage, which is excellent going. Next up will be the 4 month mark.

Time2bfree, welcome to the Weekenders and congratulations on day 22.

After a forecast a few days ago of a wet weekend ahead, the weather has unexpectedly changed and it's sunny outside. I'll be heading out for a nice walk later this morning. Then it's the usual Saturday sports lineup on TV this afternoon and early evening.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Old 03-05-2022, 01:32 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I’m in for a sober weekend, thanks Mags and everyone. I’ve read all your posts and appreciate each and every one. I just don’t have the energy to write much at the moment, the heat has sapped all my energy. It’s been ridiculously hot and humid for the last week, we’re all melting in a heatwave. It’s 7.30pm and still 30C, although it’s a lot hotter in the day, about 8-10 degrees higher, and humid, uggghh. Crazy to think that one side of the world is freezing and here we’re melting.
Hugs to everyone x
Old 03-05-2022, 04:01 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

All hail the Sober Saturday morning.

Congratulations calmself, AthensDawg!

Eaten by your own dinner, your dream sounds like a Hieronymus Bosch painting Kaily. It made me think of this track

Old 03-05-2022, 07:02 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

GM from Seattle! As I continue to work with the recruiter to get an offer, I am interviewing for another Tech major on Monday.

Goal for today and tomorrow would be to prep for that (Behavioral, Technical and Leadership)! Busy weekend ahead!!
Old 03-05-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Yikes, that sounds more like a nightmare than a dream.

calmself and AthensDawgs, congratulations on your sober time. You're both at around the 16 week stage, which is excellent going. Next up will be the 4 month mark.

Time2bfree, welcome to the Weekenders and congratulations on day 22.

After a forecast a few days ago of a wet weekend ahead, the weather has unexpectedly changed and it's sunny outside. I'll be heading out for a nice walk later this morning. Then it's the usual Saturday sports lineup on TV this afternoon and early evening.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.
Thanks, Robbie!