Notices

New year challenge

Old 02-06-2022, 09:43 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

The Peninsula in the middle I'm over looking is where the Atlantic ocean arrives and the river on the right ends. To get here you can take the gradually winding road or the laneway below which we call break heart hill it well deserves the name after you reach the top.

Old 02-07-2022, 04:21 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Did a nice walk in the cold blustery weather and listened to the over the influence podcast with Chris Anthony it was an interesting listen. He spoke about the shame he felt and its something i can relate too. So i will be more open in future when feeling brave enough. It can still be difficult over here in Ireland to explain why you stopped and so on so thats the plan.

So today i walked a few extra kilometres and stopped to take a photo of one of my favourite trees around my home town.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:58 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Lovely pics! I really like this last one,reminds me of Dr Seuss trees….. Do you know Dr Seuss books?
Old 02-07-2022, 10:42 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Lovely pics! I really like this last one,reminds me of Dr Seuss trees….. Do you know Dr Seuss books?
i know of him but no never read his books.
Old 02-09-2022, 02:04 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Didn't have time yesterday to log my day as it was my first day back to the job. I hated every minute of it. So i will start officially today to do something about it dont have a plan but i have to start and get my head around it, otherwise a beautiful day today starting at 11 am so it was nice to get out before the cars started to arrive as i live next to a primary and secondary school.
Enjoy your day wherever you are.

Took a different route this morning.Very hilly 🙂
Old 02-10-2022, 02:07 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Busy morning at the marsh.
Night walks these dry nights when its dry.
Shower mint tea and a great sleep to follow.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:48 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

The Grey herns nest is getting bigger every day in that tree, even those 2 sea gulls are having a look.
Old 02-11-2022, 09:21 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Very envious of these daily walks, AL. As I’m recently between jobs , I decided to visit a few places I hadn’t been to for decades including the very south eastern tip of England. It’s a struggle to get fed as most places are shut until March. I don’t know how to attach a pic, but this week I found myself at Dungeness, known as Britain’s only desert, just acres and acres of shingle and abandoned railway tracks and carts. I thought I was in the Wild West! It’s nice to be in such places off season.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:14 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

I didnt really appreciate how beautiful my home town was until now. Another + for sobriety. At the moment its quiet enough only a few tourists but once st Patricks day comes around its all go. Not sure what kind of season we will have again this year. It was weird in one way last season with the majority being Irish staying in Ireland. There wasn't to many foreign tourists. 🤞 we will be some way back to normality again this summer.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:59 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Did go for a walk this morning but all that was on my mind was another 6 nations rugby Saturday. Unfortunately loss for my Ireland 🇮🇪 against my wife's 🇫🇷 France so you can only imagine the tension during the game. My Father inlaw called to commiserate😄.
Good news for me is i have a second interview for a i job i went for last month but so many have applied it might be a 3 months wait For it 😅. So just have to wait and see how it will go.
Old 02-13-2022, 02:54 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

late post after a late walk tonight. Very cold but the moon was beautiful and bright. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Wasnt feeling the most positive this morning and its all because i stayed up late until 1am something i haven't been doing since the bad days. So out of the routine I've now become used to. Lesson learned back to my usual asleep by 10pm tonight again.
So i still woke up pretty early 7.30am and had my fruit and a coffee did some work and the went for my walk.
I'm just back now and on my walk i encountered a beautiful bullfinch which brought me back to my youth. One of my brothers and i as kids were keen bird watchers and kept the usual finch and canaries at home. We would walk the countryside and take note of which birds we had seen that day and it brings back happy memories to me. I hope you all have a good week.
The beautiful colours of the Bullfinch 🙂
Old 02-14-2022, 08:18 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

AL these photos are amazing - all that water! And the birds are lovely. Really love following this thread - I don't get to it every day but when I do it reminds me to take more pleasure in the simple things and beauty around me. Thanks again for keeping it going.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:41 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the beautiful photos, AL. Birdwatching has become an important touchstone for me ... a way to slow down and really connect with nature.
Old 02-14-2022, 10:44 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Thankyou i will keep it going as long as im able to, hopefully not to many injuries that get in the way sometimes.
I do feel we need to stop every now and then and take in what's around us, it can be very calming. Thanks you again.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:32 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Cool morning. So passed my childhood home as i normally do and took a photo. My family lived in this house from the year built 1907 to us leaving in the early 80s i was 11yrs. We were the first to put on an extension at the back as we didn't have any bathroom you had the toilet in the back garden so winter wasn't a time to need it during the night. I'd wake my brother to wait for me as a kid as i was so scared. Eventually mid 70s we had the new kitchen and bathroom it was the talking point of the street. There was a fireplace in each room the rooms were so small with high ceilings. They now sell for €400000 each. We should have held onto it.

This was my Nan's cousin visiting the same street back in the 1920s they had traveled from Dublin to visit and holiday for a few days. We had this photo along with others developed after she died (the little girl in the middle) glass negatives that were in a cupboard in her home she never married or had any other family only my Nan.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:42 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Wow, what sweet memories & photos. Thank you.
Old 02-15-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Cool stuff!
Old 02-15-2022, 08:34 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Amazing photos, AL. So nostalgic and interesting. I can just imagine the new "inside bathroom", haha.

What I like about Europe is so many of the homes are old and still in use. Stone and brick. Here in the US so much of our housing was built after WW II, and being stick-built (wood-framed) it generally doesn't last as long.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:47 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Blustery weather 2 storm's on the way so out early in wet and windy weather but worth the effort. So looking through old photos last night and the pier is a place we seemed to spend a lot of time as kid and watching fishermen bring in their catch. Including my dad a lot of good memories here. So heres the pier today and being constructed a long time ago.