Notices

New year challenge

Old 04-06-2022, 03:29 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Wet and windy sideways rain and a car decided to drive through that puddle and somehow make me wetter than i already was😅. Not to worry i get my natural high from my walks and once done theres a sense of achievement. While they drove on probably laughing, they must have been, as the road was empty of other cars wide enough for a few and as straight as can be in a 30kph zone. Thats me using what logic i can and trying to figure out a reason for doing so. Im actually laughing now thinking about it.
So those dark clouds they might have seen, i saw differently, they were in the sky and very beautiful.
Old 04-07-2022, 01:30 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Late check in tonight, just back from training and my knees are in bits but not to worry.
I've often heard how your friends change and you find new interests and so on once sober. Well i got a dig i ribs today when i found out my "friends" went to Scotland for a few days without even asking me. I would have said no anyway but its not the point 😆.
I kind of became that lonely free flowing bottle drinker for a few years and didnt really go out that much anyway i preferred my own company and still do to a certain extent so i cant really blame them😅. I would have been bored to tears as the only sight seeing they will be doing is the inside of a pub.
I feel better now ☺ after getting that off my chest.
So tonight i got a late photo in from the clubhouse of it raining in the distance as night started to come in. Looked like a tornado. goodnight everyone
Old 04-07-2022, 03:11 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Yeah that doesn't sound like fun to me either.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:06 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hi AL, I did notice you were late checking in today I was even tempted to post a lesser photo from my run earlier, but it’s a complex process to do so here, so well done for doing so.

I think a lot of us have friends like that. Mine always end up on a Sunday afternoon watching football in a pub. They’re educated people so why they hang out in pubs with sweary hoodlums is beyond me. I get how you feel about not being asked on the trip. Actually, and this is a bit of a confession, I went to Scotland a few years back with my wife. The weather was rainy, the accommodation was grim and I was drinking! I lost the plot that weekend (got angry about nothing) and my wife still brings it up four years on. Probably one of my low points from my drinking days, but I did finally quit 6 months later.

Moving on , glad you’re keeping up the rugby.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:11 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

As usual thankyou guys.
I went to Scotland once What seems like a lifetime ago and it was a beautiful trip. Well before the days of becoming obliterated. My wife and i went to a wedding and stayed in Glasgow. We witnessed the drummers playing on the streets and went to the wedding in Brig o Doon just beautiful. A fantastic few days.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:59 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Glad not to go anywhere when there are mornings like this. Have a great day friends.
Old 04-08-2022, 02:09 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Another lovely scenic picture AL. Very tranquil.
Old 04-08-2022, 02:38 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Thanks Robbie i would change my route to work but this is the nicest way to go and gives me a sense of calm before the hustle and bustle if work.
Old 04-09-2022, 03:30 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Todays a mixed day. My wife just foud out her dad has prostate cancer but apparently after surgery in a few weeks it will be fine hopefully its after being caught early.
They're arriving in Ireland tomorrow from France for a week. They are lovely and generous but a bit intense.So much to look forward to in the coming week 🤞.
This morning was a thinking walk with a lot on my mind but just normal stuff. It was cold hopefully the last frost of the season but its Ireland and you can get every type of weather in one day.
The hand rail on the walk way was cold and beautiful warm on one side looking at the sun dark and frosty on the other. Just lovely to see this early morning.
Old 04-09-2022, 04:40 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

You might be a good candidate for yoga, AL? Hard work, but when you get into it, the mind sort of resets. If I try and do yoga whilst thinking about stuff, I tend to fall over I’m so inflexible and have such a weak core, I find it best to do yoga one to one where the instructor modifies a lot of poses to suit my lack of flexibly - purely down to genetics/tight hamstrings, no disability. It also means I have to do it as I’ve booked the instructor.

Good/mixed news about your father in law. Hope their visit goes well. I sense a hint of unease on your part there?
Old 04-09-2022, 10:21 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

What a lovely image of that handrail. I hope your family visit goes well, and that your father in law's treatment is a success.
Old 04-09-2022, 12:37 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Thankyou Tursiops like a lot of my shots lucky timing but there's beauty everywhere if you look hard enough.
Hodd yoga is something ive often thought about but never had the patience for, i could do with it im like you my hamstrings are always tight. Been doing a lot of meditation and mindfulness, set myself a goal to do a month so thats tomorrow and im going to keep it up as i find it helps me somehow.
Old 04-09-2022, 01:50 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Yoga’s a tough one. I reckon most people do it as a pastime or a habit, which is also brilliant, but to get into it takes a lot of reading alongside the actual practise or a few one to one sessions to start. When I first started, a lot of the movements felt too easy. The instructor moved my various parts, and yikes it wasn’t easy any more. Without that initial instructions, I’d be simply “hanging out” in some poses, and that’s a waste of time. Even two years on I get into lazy habits which get corrected.

If you can meditate, AL, you’re doing better than me. I went to a retreat a few weeks back, and to be honest there was no instruction in how to meditate. I’ll be harsh and say a lot of people were staring at the floor. I probably do something similar to meditation in some of the yoga positions, but I don’t know. There seem to be strong links between yoga and meditation plus a lot of sporty people now do some form of yoga, even rugby players

Old 04-09-2022, 02:43 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hodd I follow a lot of Deepak Chopra on the fit bit and do a body scan every night before sleeping. Which is what im about to do right now. Goodnight and sleep well.
Old 04-10-2022, 03:03 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Its grey and windy but an experience you can only get to have if you go and search it out, its unique to you and what you see is your own view on whats happening around you.
This morning i saw a lot of happy faces out walking, running, cycling the beauty of what nature is outside my front door and my favourite drinking a coffee with my other half watching the world go by with a chocolate brownie.
Ok im probably sounding very positive but its a good day today and it wouldn't be happening if i didn't take that leap of faith in myself i thought about for probably to long and wished for for so long. Its infront of you just take that one step. I hope you all enjoy your Sunday.
A black and white for a change.
Old 04-11-2022, 05:04 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Absolutely drenched this morning but all i can say is it was worth it. I wouldnt have experienced it if i hadn't been drinking the night before.
After completing my 30 days of meditation a goal i set myself, to be honest i do feel better for it but i can't explain it. Who cares once theres a positive outcome and its good for me and in turn others around me.
Walked to the Atlantic ocean this morning its so beautiful and full of history while making my way there.

Old 04-11-2022, 05:31 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

You’ve got more morning mojo than me, AL 🙂 Any sort of rain, and my running training gets postponed. One of these days, I’ll turn up at one of my little triathlon events, and it’ll start to rain. I’ll have to grin and bear it.

Well done also on the meditation. Sounds like it’s worth keeping on doing.
Old 04-11-2022, 06:45 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hodd my inlaws think im nuts but i enjoy it if only to have some alone time. The intensity around the house has already started. We live in a small house and lets say my mother inlaw likes night snacking and slept on the couch in the living room. I think you've caught at this stage im a morning person and get up religiously at 5.30am every morning so i can shower have breakfast and watch some tv for a few minutes before i start my day so that was out this morning and lets just say meditation was very helpful for me this time around 😊.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:17 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

I feel it, AL. I had a relapse (although I hadn’t quit) a few years back when my inlaws came. I can’t really blame them, but their presence did interrupt my “routine” somewhat.

I think your solution is infinitely better. I guess they’re only staying a week or so, and at least they’ve done so when it’s daylight for your morning walk.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:32 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Its going to be a loooong week Hodd 😅.