Notices

Emotional

Old 10-28-2021, 11:43 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Thanks silentrun it's this woman I feel sorry for.
Feeling a bit low and deflated but I always do after I have been away.
Still got the reveal on Sunday to look forward to though 🙂
Old 10-29-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Just stopping by to say hi Jupiter.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:22 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hi silentrun. Hope you are well.
Haven't had much to write about as not much has been happening. So that's a good thing!
🙂
Old 10-31-2021, 02:35 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Seven Weeks

Just back. Lovely day
It's a boy
Looks like the heartbeat that sounds like a train old wives tale is right!!!
Very happy 😃 Even though I was wrong!
Old 10-31-2021, 05:55 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

So glad you’re happy!
What was the game?

Sometimes it’s not so bad to be dead wrong, huh?

Old 10-31-2021, 11:04 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

I'm really happy Obladi 😁
I didn't have any preference, boy or girl, I was just convinced it would be a girl. First time I've been wrong. Obviously the drinking over the years has dulled my profound psychic abilities

The was just press your thumb in pink or blue ink pad and vote on a paper 🤣 My littlest grandson went around strong arming folks to dip blue. He says there can never be enough boys in the family 😂

It was a lovely occasion though.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:22 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Can an admin please remove the above picture? I got carried away and shouldn't have posted that!! I have tried deleting it from the pictures/albums section and it has gone from there, but not from here. Thank You in advance
Old 11-01-2021, 12:36 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Been on a course for work. I am shattered
We didn't get back until late last night.
Took the kids trick or treating around my daughter's place.
Some of the displays were pretty terrifying over her way 😯 I nearly broke my neck tripping over a skeleton poking from underneath a car that I didn't see!
And I'm sure one house we went to the couple were too much into the part to be acting

My mother, Mrs teetotaler got tipsy and I jokingly asked if she was a closet alkie. My god she exploded more scarily than any display anyone had on even the real satanists (I'm convinced they were).

Anyway it was cool feeling superior to everyone a couple of hours after they stopped drinking all afternoon and were nursing headaches and felt crappy..and a first for me 😆
Old 11-01-2021, 01:03 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Honest tired - what a great way to be, eh?
Old 11-01-2021, 11:52 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Yes O a "nice" tired. Not chemically induced exhaustion

Plus, I have noticed I am less bitter and twisted than when I was drinking (even when I wasn't actually indulging).
Yes, I was hurt she wouldn't tell me on my birthday, alone, the sex of the baby, but that was it, just hurt. I had built myself up that she would, that'll teach me LOL. But I appreciated why she hadn't at the reveal because it was a lovely occasion everyone in both families finding out together.

I didn't even have any evil jealous thoughts when my SILs mother (yes, she was squealy) produced bags of baby boy clothes. She's much better off than I am (as in millionaire league well off) and had bought bags full of boy and girl clothes! They also brought an enormous "welcome baby" hamper full of champagne and caviar, expensive cheeses and such like.
I could just about afford the fare down there again, twice in one week lol
I genuinely enjoyed cooing over the tiny outfits with her and my daughter
Then my daughter sneaked me upstairs away from everyone and showed me all the cute baby outfits she had been buying first

It's also a relief to know my daughter hasn't changed, because the gift she told me the she was most delighted with, and burst into tears when she saw was a baby cardigan my mother had knitted. My mother used to knit all the time, beautiful intricate stuff. She has arthritis now and hasn't knit for years. But she battled through the pain to make this cardigan. My daughter burst into tears when my mother gave it to her, I was touched seeing the two of them in tears having a "moment"

Maybe the poison is leaving my system lol. One of the major reasons I hated myself drinking was because of the vile poisonous emotions it generated in me.

Old 11-02-2021, 07:25 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Through all of life's hardships and struggles experiencing these times sober and clear headed are worth the struggle.
I will give a month of feeling like the world hates me to have a day like you had. And I have.

This is how I know I am done drinking.

If I drink away life's problems I will also be drinking away life's gifts.

Never again
Old 11-02-2021, 07:35 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

The other day I was feeling blah. Kind of bored and unmotivated.
2 years ago day drinking would have ensued. 99% sure of that.

Instead I suffered through it looking forward to night so I could sleep it all away and hopefully start fresh tomorrow.
Went to bed around 8:30 to watch TV and fall asleep. Well our youngest granddaughter was not well and would not sleep. I could hear her screaming downstairs for a half hour or so.
I decided to go down and see what was wrong. She came to me and screamed in my face for another half an hour before she finally fell asleep. Only to wake up screaming 5 minutes later.
She was done with me so I took her to her mother and she went right back to sleep.

The whole time she was screaming in my face, as bad as it was, I could not help but feeling grateful that I was coherent and able to help.

Then to see her finally get some rest was priceless.

14 plus hours of suffering through a blah day was erased by a half hour of a baby screaming in my face.

Never again
Old 11-02-2021, 12:33 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I totally understand what you are saying fishkiller 🙂
It's priceless being part of the real world, even if it is a bit rough at times.
I bet your granddaughter as she gets older will rely upon being able to come to you for comfort, because by then she will have done it so many times (even if as littleuns only mum will do.. that changes as I'm sure you know) And I bet her mum 100% appreciated you were there🙂

Before the last year when the drink took me over totally I had such fun with my grandsons.
I always danced with them from being small to this song.
https://youtu.be/QtXby3twMml
Monkeys NEVER grow old. All my grandsons LOVED dancing to this with me!!
No chemical induced euphoria in the world can beat having fun dancing like the monkeys do!!
Somewhere this got lost with me, but I hope to enjoy this sort of thing with my new grandson. And for that, grandma needs to stay fit and with it 😆
Can't believe we would throw away precious time with our little ones (so fleeting) for the horror of what the drug ethanol does to us. For what? It brings no relief, other than temporary, it removes you from being human and dealing with everyday human stresses? Only to replace those with unreal inhuman stresses?
I read on here somewhere, someone said, "only" 10% of the world's population gets addicted to this crap. So "we" are at fault, our human chemistry is at fault, not the drug. World's population 7 billion, addicted to it that's 700 million worldwide. And it's still ok to promote this crap?
I like your way of thinking fishkiller 🙂
Old 11-02-2021, 01:27 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Actually thinking about it, take away all the Muslim countries that ban alcohol, 10% of the world's population addicted is even more shocking if you take away 2 billion not exposed to it that they actually count into the total
So out of 5 billion 700 million are addicted.
As long as I finally see what is going on though and have stopped it, statistics mean nothing. But the cost to me and my family has been enormous, emotionally.
I regret that so badly.
Society pushes this rubbish on us on us, then reviles us when we succumb to an addictive,legal, lethal, profitable drug.
It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic
Old 11-02-2021, 04:59 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Then there are 2.2 billion children in the world, so take 5 billion to 3billion. How many sick people in the world that can't drink? Say a billion?
So now we are down to 2 billion?
Out of that now 2 billion eligible to drink 700 million are addicts?
Then take those too poverty stricken to drink?
I reckon those people saying "it's you not the drug" need to take another look! 😐
ITS not 10% of 7 billion like they like to say..it's 700 million out of 2 billion what percentage is that?
Old 11-03-2021, 03:43 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Wish this work course was over, 2 more days!
I think it's an exercise in endurance, it's so boring 😂
Old 11-05-2021, 12:21 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Last day on the course hurrah
Although I will miss the people there. Felt almost human again interacting with people in real life day to day
Old 11-05-2021, 04:51 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

I take full responsibility for becoming addicted to alcohol.
Sure it has addictive properties and is glorified constantly by many but I made the decision to abuse it.

I say this because I have a good friend who does not drink. I asked him why and he said because he cannot control it once he starts. He has only drank alcohol a few times in his 50 some years and that was in his younger days. Realized very quickly what was happening and shut it down.

I sometimes wish I had his insight at that age and I think I did but ignored it to fit in and escape reality.
There were about 1 million times I thought, I shouldn't drink today, but Chose to anyway. I take full credit for that.

What matters now is we finally figured out how to get out of the loop.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:43 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Just stating facts fishkiller, nothing more, nothing less.

I have finished the course. None the wiser as to the point of it

Might kill myself with excitement tonight and sort out my preppers cupboard Live on the wild side 😮
Nothing much (at all) happening to write about.
​​​​​​
​​

​​​​​
Old 11-07-2021, 12:58 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Honestly, I feel like saying "to hell with it"
My daughter rang me 10.30 am yesterday, I said about 10 words to her and she was "you've been drinking" I had been out of bed about 5 minutes at the time, because I didn't get to sleep until about 4am.
She's like my mother, they both come to conclusions they are convinced are right then cut off communication!!
They drive me mad!
I hadn't been drinking! She accussed me a couple of weeks ago when I hadn't either.
I'll never be able to prove myself to her.
If I miss a phone call, if I am not over my sons everyday, if I sound "funny"?? on the phone. If I sniff a lot when I am talking on the phone, if I say err too many times...all proof I have been drinking.
I tried to ring her back, she wouldn't pick up.
I sent texts, she wouldn't answer.
I hadn't been drinking but she said "you've been drinking" hung up and apparently end of discussion (not that I had a chance to answer, so not sure it was a discussion)
Sometimes I am a nervous wreck talking to her remembering all the things she says mean to her I am drinking. I think, don't sniff too much (I have sinus trouble) I try not to sniff too much, which makes me want to sniff. Don't say "err" too much, which makes me say "err" too much.
It's getting to be an endurance test everytime I am on the phone to her!
Is my tone of voice right? Don't sniff, don't say err, don't be too happy, don't be too sad...FFS!!