Notices

Fun without booze this weekend 12 - 15 March 2021 Weekenders

Old 03-15-2021, 10:14 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hey, Mags ~

The Plant on the left in that Snow Pic above can be seen below as of this Morning. It's the rare Amazonicus Metallica ordered on-line! We do have non-Metal Cacti on either side in this Xeriscaped Garden out back, so they really can survive up here @ ~6,100 Feet [1,860 Meters]. The famed Colorado Sun did the usual number yesterday, and burned off our ~2 Inches of Snow. 58 F [14 C] Degrees forecast for today down in the Valley.

Meanwhile, the official Snowfall total at Denver Airport was 27.1 Inches [69 Cm]. The fourth largest Blizzard of record. As in, ever. 40.0 Inches [1.01 Meters] up at a Weekend Mountain House we used to own. ~5 Feet [1.5 Meters] at a Gal Pal's lil Ranchette well North of Denver; due to Blizzard Winds all over. All kinda Interstate Highways closed. Too many stranded Vehicles everywhere.

Kudos to everyone here fighting The Good Fight this Weekend. Carry on. It's absolutely worth it...

Old 03-15-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nothing wrong with a Commodore 64, I was pretty hot with those, it's been downhill ever since.

Erratic, I think I made it to the summit the week before T4 as it was pretty obvious it was going to happen.

Good luck Manta.

I went to Newcastle via Teesport today - that is a bloody long round trip in a day I can tell you. (630 miles) It was last minute neccesity

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 03-15-2021, 02:28 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

M1 most of the way, saoutchik?
That's a long day's drive.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:34 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks MesaMan, it’s certainly unusual and interesting. The Colorado snow made our news today or yesterday.

Saou, that was a long round trip. Glad it worked out. Nice photo. Some lovely bridges in Newcastle.

We went for a walk on the Trent bank by the river earlier. Though the sun shone it was breezy and bracing but just right to blow away a few cobwebs.
Old 03-15-2021, 03:25 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

^
Mags, there's definitely some lovely bridges in Newcastle including the Tyne Bridge which is of course a smaller version of Sydney Harbour Bridge. Unsurprisingly both bridges were designed and built by the same engineering company.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:23 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Notice went well! Mandatory 2 weeks but HR offered me 4 weeks pay. Hush money I am sure but can’t complain x
Old 03-15-2021, 10:19 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Wow that really is a lot of miles in a day, Sao. I couldn't do that, I would get far too tired. Don't have any stamina these days.

Glad all went well, Manta. And very generous of them to give you a months pay. I do hope you start walking now that you are going to have more time, as part of your recovery. Even if you don't think you will enjoy it, it will benefit you, fresh air, exercise and nature, natural healing. Being home all day you will need to keep boredom and restlessness at bay. Those too will be triggers to drink given a chance.

I'm a little of colour, fatigued, achy and sleepy. I'm sure it will pass in a couple of days.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:08 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Manta, that’s good news! I’m pleased you could be honest with them. To many employees put more work than the original job description, as I’ve experienced. Be nice for you to have some time to have some quality time walking, lunch with you mum and just stuff.

Kaily I definitely agree with you about getting out walking. It helped me and I’m sure it will help you too Manta.
I hope your fatigue passes Kaily.

Robbie, funny you saying about the Tyne Bridge being the same but smaller as the Sydney Harbour Bridge, I'm sure someone, yourself, or MesaMan has mentioned this once before.

We went for a walk along the Trent Bank yesterday. It was blowy, sunny and cold and I loved it. My face burned with the cold and I felt more alive than I had for a long while. I attempted to take some pics on my phone but they didn’t look great, the little chapel had a carpet of daffodils along one side. I’ll take more photos when they bloom. (It was that good I had to repeat myself from earlier)

See you later, take care. xxxx

Old 03-15-2021, 11:14 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Glad you got out and blew the cobwebs away, Mags.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:41 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Kaily.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:47 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Walking will be very beneficial and just need to get out there. The weather hasn’t been too good for a while now but that’s just me making excuses. Today I am making a wholehearted 110% commitment to sobriety. x
Old 03-16-2021, 02:24 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Magsie

MantaLady that was my problem, getting out the door to go walking. Glad you’re feeling positive.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:27 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Great posts and photos

Like Vinny said, I enjoy reading all of your posts. But, Marty that was an especially great post, about how fun changes when you’re sober, but how the fun is more meaningful, and fun being a mind set, thank you

Kaily I’m sorry you’re having pain and not feeling well. Have you tried Zen spray by any chance? I absolutely swear by it. Not everyone likes it, as it’s strong smelling and feels hot on your skin, but it really helps me when I have a sore neck or back. I hope you’re feeling better soon.

It’s Tuesday night and I’ve been struggling with the AV, but something I did today really seemed to help. I took a vanilla protein drink to work, and I drank it straight after I finished work, on my way home. It really reduced the cravings. I think any milky kind of drink would probably work, and I especially like vanilla. Anyway, I just wanted to share it, because it worked really well, and it’s something I’m going to do regularly, because 5pm when I finish work is a struggle, but today it wasn’t
Old 03-16-2021, 03:59 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Magsie

Willow, sounds like a good ‘go to’ drink for you when the av is shouting.

I use Zen too, helps with back pain.
Old 03-16-2021, 06:45 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Magsie

A woodpecker who visits us for food a few times a day. Please scuse the grass.

Old 03-16-2021, 09:57 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Lovely picture, Mags.

Do you have a bird bath in the garden? I have a few shallow bowls of water and love watching the birds splash about in them, especially in the summer.

Old 03-16-2021, 11:23 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

It’s only 6pm but already in bed! Sober but tired and just hope I can fall asleep. I am waiting for a call from the alcohol service for an assessment as self referred myself today to try and get some counselling and additional support. It’s about time I changed the record instead of doing the same thing which so far hasn’t worked.

wish I could have a bird bath but with the cats I don’t want to encourage them too close as I know exactly what’s gonna happen. We do have a wonderful barn owl the hangs around the field at the front of the house which is beautiful to watch. Love Owls’

Anyhow, night everyone and see you tomorrow xx
Old 03-16-2021, 12:32 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Magsie

MantaLady hope all goes well with you phone call.

Kaily, good video. yes I’ve got a bird bath. The blackbirds tend to hog it mostly though. I do like watching them.

My internet is so slow tonight.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:22 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I hope you sleep well Manta and they call you soon

I love watching birds in bird baths. We have one out the front of our place. We see all sorts if different birds. I hear you about the cats Manta. One of my previous cats swiped a bird from the bird bath. I was devastated, because I felt partially responsible, and so I stopped filling it. That cat has since passed away, and now I have an indoor only cat, so the birds are safe again.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:32 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Mags, what’s the woodpecker eating in the little cage? Is it special woodpecker food? Or a general bird food? We don’t have them over here and I’m curious about what they eat.... apart from wood