Notices

Fun without booze this weekend 12 - 15 March 2021 Weekenders

Old 03-12-2021, 04:54 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller;[url=tel:7604742
7604742[/url]]I used to think drinking all weekend was having fun.
So why not have fun all week too??

I have seen the other side and I Aint goin back!

Sitting on the deck drinking all Saturday long may be fun sometimes but Sunday gonna be much less fun.🤢.

I'd rather sit on the deck loving life all day long on Saturday AND Sunday.
I no longer fear the Monday!!🙂
Old 03-12-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

So true FK 👌
Old 03-12-2021, 09:25 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fishkiller that’s just how I used to feel.

Marty, I understand you about the sober fun.
It is very different from the drunk me too. I almost feel like I’ve grown up if that makes sense. Still have crazy ‘laugh till I cry’ moments with friends but remembering everything I do....it’s precious.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:21 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning, sobhoes.

Diet was going well but binged on chocolate and milk last night. Back on the saddle today. Going to go for a run shortly.

It's day 21. Not tempted to drink at all.

Been feeling pretty depressed but hopefully the run will cheer me up.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:45 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all sry couldnt get back on as our internet went down, hub had to report is as he was working from home! thanks for the warm welcomes, and hey check me, im actually posting again and not hiding lol.

great job FF on 21 im on my 3rd 24hrs. Not sure whats on the cards for today, as we are still in lockdown and nowt to do. Done some planting which was needed done other week, but nowt much else to do to the garden spot i have. guess i could do my cards and do my wellness journal.
anyway going to check out other threads, hope you all when wake up or if your up,have good morning xx
Old 03-12-2021, 11:10 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I would be lying if I said I don't miss some aspects of drinking. Unfortunately those have to be forfeited for a sober life. I don't miss the bad stuff which by far outweighed any pleasure it ever gave me.

Alcoholism is like a growth, it starts of small but keeps growing bigger and bigger until it is totally unmanageable in any shape or form. Suffocating the life out of life itself.

I still have very mixed emotions when I see all the bottles lined up in isles at the supermarket. It is like a forbidden fruit, tempting me, yet not. It scares me. I only have to put my hand out and it will be mine-again. That friend that turned bad or the lover that left.

If I didn't have SR I don't think I could do it. I need the reminders, the support and the accountability. Sometimes when the cravings are strong and my thoughts become mixed, I plan to delete my account so I can isolate and drink without guilt. It hasn't happened. That proves what a great resource it is. I feel a commitment to everyone here not to drink.

Thank you.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Congrats on 21 days ff! I am trying to eat better and get some of this lockdown chunkyness off. Hopefully we’ll be allowed out more soon as the lockdown eases and doubt any of my clothes will fit anymore as been living in pj’s and loungewear for too long!
Old 03-12-2021, 11:40 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi erratic, hope it’s not too cold and windy in Scotland like it is here.

Good to see you MantaLady, was thinking of you when I put the diving pics on. I hope you’re enjoying your new job.

Kaily, I’m glad you haven’t deleted your account to go drink. I’m sure you won’t always feel like this. Though I agree, being here helps us stay sober and accountable.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:44 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!

​​​​​
​​
Old 03-13-2021, 12:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morning again x mags, its blue sky and cold here in scotland, least its dry for now and i dont mind this kind of weather xx where are u on the blue horizon?

sitting here watching longway up and surfing and buying new folders lol just downloaded a pdf for daily check in on gratitude and my mood and other things, still trying to get into habit of using my toolbox of tricks lol

Old 03-13-2021, 12:12 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Mr

I thought I would say that Marty your post was pretty great. I dont like signalling out individual posts as they are all great in the weekender community. Real fun the simple things like taking the time when we are lucid enough to appreciate it...

This is easy listening. Bear's Den
https://youtu.be/xw5UeXiDPNY

https://youtu.be/5BCZQGviWd0

Old 03-13-2021, 12:12 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Mr

PS & NB morning Weekenders
Old 03-13-2021, 02:00 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Vinny

Erratic, I’m in North Lincolnshire about 10 miles from Humber Bridge
Old 03-13-2021, 02:42 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thats cool im on the east side also, daughter isnt to far from u though, she is in leeds x
Old 03-13-2021, 03:42 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Magsie

Erratic, I’m about one and half hours from Leeds on the M62
Old 03-13-2021, 05:16 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 5. Not feeling great.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:44 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I remember how crummy I feIt at day 5....but aIso how much better it got after that dear sortofhomecomin. s
Sending you Iove and hoping you can get some sun on your face today. ❤️
Old 03-13-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi Weekenders,

Good to see the thread so lively this week. Thanks Mags for the opener. Some newcomers, some regulars, some new to recovery, some old hands. Welcome all!

So, I had my first Covid jab yesterday a bit ahead of the crowd due to the whole mental health thing. That's amazing and I'm grateful but I'm being careful who I tell about it in real life. They have ramped up supply here though so it won't be long until the general populace catches up.

I have some work to keep me busy while the rain is lashing but may well download a game on Steam this weekend. PC gaming is something I completely lost interest in while drinking and like many hobbies it has come back again with time. I now have too many interests and hobbies to enjoy by far.

Warm wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:28 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Magsie

Forwards, No one knows how we are inside. So pleased you had the vaccine. You’re entitled to it, and they’re rolling them out pretty swiftly now.

sortofhomecomin, sorry you’re not feeling great. Can you do anything to take your mind of it, a walk or soak in the bath. It took me a while to adjust to not pouting booze down me but the further away from day 1, the better it gets.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:17 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks for the inspiration. I can't wait to hold my granddaughter in my arms and hug, have her spend the night and babysit her again. I hope to get vaccinated next week. So there is an end in sight!

Still trying to have fun without drinking which is a new concept for me. Almost 3 months sober now but struggling with anxiety and other symptoms that have made this really hard.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!