Notices

Fun without booze this weekend 12 - 15 March 2021 Weekenders

Old 03-14-2021, 08:27 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I feel like I just woke up out of a coma. Yesterday was spent on the couch napping and watching a series. I was dealing with some anxiety yesterday as well. I am starting to notice that I can get real anxious when I am exhausted or worn out. So, I need to pay better attention to this and make sure that I am taking care of myself and resting. Rest does not come easy for me. I do rest but probably not as much as I truly need.

Todays Goals:
Run/ weights
Hang an exterior door
Clean house

Its storming out. ...

Have a wonderful Sunday, ALL!
Old 03-14-2021, 08:45 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WindPines View Post
Hello all, happy Sunday!!

Here in the states, things are starting to open up.
I rented a house for the beginning of April... it's a couple hours away from where I live, on 22 acres. There are woods and some trails to walk along. It has a mineral water hot tub. It'll be my first trip during recovery. I'm not sure what to expect, but I always love to adventure to new places. It'll be quiet, and peaceful.
Anyhow, hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!
There's something calming walking in the woods. envious about the hot tub though, love a good bath . Same here, hope all of you have a great weekend (like wind said, rest of the weekend). thinking about buying some microwaves popcorn, drink some must and watch some silly movie
Old 03-14-2021, 08:50 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

We played log walking at the forest today for our fun without booze.

Old 03-14-2021, 09:28 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Magsie

Windpipes, sounds like a great plan. Definitely something to look forward to.

Mizz, sounds like a busy enjoyable day.

Kaily, lovely pics of Alfie and Daisy
Old 03-14-2021, 10:08 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Aww, Daisy and Alfie look like they are having fun!! I’ve just had a lovely bath with tons of magnesium flakes in and some frankincense essential oils in an attempt to calm my anxiety and do actually feel a bit better. I am giving notice at my job in the morning, been there 4 weeks and it’s not what I was sold on the interview. I won’t go into all the details but I know the place is not for me, so I am going to get out early and hopefully on good terms. I am going to work on getting back where I need to be with my sobriety and when I feel ready will start looking again in a few month where I will be in a much better place to make good decisions from a healthier perspective.

x
Old 03-14-2021, 10:16 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

That sounds like a really good plan Manta.
Old 03-14-2021, 10:26 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Vik88, WindPipes - good to see you.

Hang in there MantaLady

I stocked up on some oriental spices yesterday so I might try something more adventurous than usual this week

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old 03-14-2021, 11:19 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

On this side of the Rocky Mountains, we got off easy vs. Denver out East. ~2" of Snow here, and it's already on a slow melt from partial Sun.

I went to an *Owners Only* Dog Training Meeting yesterday with all of 3 of us in attendance. 6 more Weekends to keep the uber-smart MesaPup on a good behavior path. So far, so good. He slept in this Morning, so Life Is Good here now. I splurged on making French Toast this Morning with Shepherds Bread, and it was chez yummy. Got Pix of most all our Tax Docs sent away for prep by the Pro we've used for ~30 Years, so I'll just putz around here after a Treadmill Session later. Beats all Hell outta slogging around while half-catatonic, as in The Bad Ole Daze of drinking. With the Time Change today, I gained another Hour to enjoy being Sober! That comes in handy while resetting Vehicle Clocks, eh? ...

The Rolling Stones ~55 Years ago singing Keith Richards' Personal Anthem...

'Time Is On My Side' ~ The Rolling Stones

Old 03-14-2021, 12:47 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Great pics as always MesaMan

I am off to bed now and sober, it’s been a challenging day but I am pretty chuffed to have gotten through without picking up! Sleep well everyone and see you tomorrow! xx
Old 03-14-2021, 03:31 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great to hear ML

D
Old 03-14-2021, 11:05 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Sober Monday Mornings. Great to start the week off.

Manta, sounds a relaxing and uplifting bath soak. I’m pleased you’re taking the bull by the horns, job wise.
Great stuff on not picking up Manta.

Saou, sounds like you’ll be having some interesting meals this week.

MesaMan, happy MesaPup is doing well on his training. Great pic, what is the flower on the left? Is it a flowering cactus of some sort.

Our clocks in the uk don’t jump forward until 28th March. You’ll know when it happens because I’ll be more waffier than normal. Yes, it is possible.

Have a good sober day. xxxx
Old 03-14-2021, 11:34 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

6am, good to not have a hangover especially as I have a difficult convo to have with my boss at 8:30 where I’ll be letting him know I am resigning. It’s a shame as I know I could be of great value there but they are asking for things to be done in timescales that won’t work and also want to change my role so I manage a team of people who do a different job to me and that is not a path I want to go down. There is a pattern here though that I have had 4 jobs since first getting sober and have resigned from 2 of them. I need to do some work on my sober self!!

Anyhow, hope everyone has a good day and again will be sticking close to SR as I am still feeling high risk when battling the AV. xx
Old 03-15-2021, 12:25 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Prayers Manta
Old 03-15-2021, 02:14 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Magsie

Manta, I hope the talk with your boss went well. Don’t let the AV have a voice.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:44 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi...

Its monday morning 5:30am...made it to work...had a rough nights sleep exacerbated by daylight savings time...

Daylight savings or not, its just one of those days where paws is putting me on that rollercoaster ride again...some days good...some days not so...but I know it’s improving...(still hard to convince myself of that fact but....) Even when things don’t seem like they are....

Welp...made it through another weekend...another decent monday without feeling like total crap...Normally it’s not but today it’s because of healing and not necessarily because I drank to oblivion the day before... and I really don’t even feel that bad...

Other than that, Mondays have been for the most part pretty good...

Old 03-15-2021, 04:09 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Mr

Holà Salutations Salem weekenders.

Good to hear from you Andy and take care Manta.
Loads of new names and avatars that's cool

In two days it's Paddys Day , it used to be like a three week bender back when i was a young lad in leprechaun land, that was before alcoholism turned me into a drinking at home alone with the curatins closed type of guy

I think Bim said a few posts ago, you'll never find nothing in the bottom of an empty bottle !!!

Dismal weather here near toulouse. It's after getting really cold again after several weeks of sun.
Did i mention that i went swimming in the mediterranean at the end of February ? (irish blood)

Later weekenders !
Old 03-15-2021, 05:27 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Monday, huh? Another sober weekend in the books. It's not a burden for me to stay sober anymore, that really goes away after a few months and the voice saying, "Drink," is much easier to dismiss after doing it eleventy-seven times. I just say, "No. I don't drink." The End.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Another sober fun weekend in the books for me too.
I did not have any back slapping raucous fun, no big parties, no laughing until the wee hours of the morning.

I did , however, spend the weekend with my wife and fur babies. Went to the dog park to train the pups to socialize and leash walk. That was a blast.
Talked to daughter and grandbabies on video chat and pretty much whatever else I felt like doing without having to plan it all around drinking.

I even slept in a little this morning. Not because I Had too but because, well, I wanted too.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:18 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Love the pictures.

Daisy especially looks to be enjoying her log walking.

Colorado is such a beautiful state.

Saou, there is a small local Asian market I like to go in occasionally. Haven't been in there since the pandemic started though, as if I'm afraid CV germs are going to be more concentrated in there or something.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:58 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Afternoon Weekenders! Well done to everyone who made it through Monday.

I had some computer issues today. Not a crashed hard drive or anything like that, but let me tell you that a broken space bar key can be almost as devastating. Mind boggling that someone thought to construct such an important component from tiny, flimsy plastic pieces that are supposed to fit together perfectly, in a sort of springy way. To make ends meet I know use an old keyboard that makes my laptop look more like a Commodore 64!

Welcome back Manta. I hope that logging in daily will help give you the momentum needed to escape the terrible merry-go-round. As you know yourself, this is very much very possible, as soon as that change of mindset to occurs.