Notices

Class of October 2020 part 1

Old 10-08-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I suppose. But I'm still gonna take Antabuse.
FF.

I have not been able to find a loophole in the Big Plan. The Big Plan pledge of AVRT, “I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind” has resulted in my being absolutely unmoved and unconcerned about being near alcohol.

Stick to your Big Plan, and I’m certain you will get that result, too.

I think you’re well on your way there, as I think you mentioned your parents (at least your Mom) drinks at home where you live.

GT
Old 10-08-2020, 12:29 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
FF.

I have not been able to find a loophole in the Big Plan. The Big Plan pledge of AVRT, “I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind” has resulted in my being absolutely unmoved and unconcerned about being near alcohol.

Stick to your Big Plan, and I’m certain you will get that result, too.

I think you’re well on your way there, as I think you mentioned your parents (at least your Mom) drinks at home where you live.

GT
I guess I don't really need the Antabuse. But it doesn't have any noticeable side effects so it can't hurt.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:35 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Good morning all. This has really been a great week. It seems like the more I check in and read the threads the subconscious is becoming more aware of my patterns and how the old me would react. Super busy day ahead but being sober is making it more fun. I am learning sobriety is doing 2 things. First is allowing me to make better choices in all areas. Business family etc. it has also, as I have said in the past, increasing my feelings of guilt. Last night we went to our daughters volleyball game. She had some trouble with her serves. I know in the past she asked if I would practice with her but of course you all know that answer when your drinking. I had other things to do. I can’t make up the past but I have the choice to be a better father in the future. Thanks for the support here
Old 10-08-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

That makes my heart sing dear Bent. Lovely post. I see a lot of time spent with your daughter happening.....nice.. s

I love what you said about patterns and our subconscious.
It is totally true for me as well.

I have a lot going on right now....we all do, but yesterday was really hard.
My head was all over the place and I slept very badly.
So I got up early, and came here.

Within 5 minutes, m attitude had changed and I was back on track.

s
Old 10-08-2020, 04:53 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misc72 View Post
T-H-I-R-T-Y DAMN D-A-Y-S today!! It has felt like an eternity. I'm not sure how to feel. I'm supposed to be on a flight first class to Cabo today!! To celebrate my BFFs 50th birthday. I cancelled mostly because of alcohol and I know I'm not strong enough to pass on that part of that trip. She understands and even sent me beautiful flowers, even though I cancelled on her birthday trip... That is a true BFF. I feel like alcohol stole another awesome experience because I didn't go because of my issue with it. So here I sit all sober and somber. Hopefully I will cheer up after she returns from her trip and the anxiety of missing out on her celebration has passed.

p.s. very sad about Eddie Van Halen... he got it right... he loved what he did and he made money doing it...
CONGRATS dear Misc!!!! Woo hoo!!! s xx

Your BFF is a doll.....that is lovely. xx
Old 10-08-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Hi class. On another day 4. Geeze, I have got to make this stick. I thought the 2 days and then drink cycle was maddening. Making it more and drinking one day is just as ridiculous. I've done some smart meetings, reading AVRT and a few other things. Trying to keep on top of HALT.

Life is just throwing my family through the wringer this year. I know it's been a doozy for so many. I'm just ready for the drama to end... just for a little while would be nice.

Love to you all. I will try to stick closer to SR. ❤
I know right? Enough already. But I see us all needing to be patient for at least another 6 months. Sigh.
Just counting my blessings as much as possible.

And with you every step dear Citrus. s xx ❤️
Old 10-08-2020, 09:29 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Good morning. In shocking news to no one, especially myself, I drank last night b/c I was just so overwhelmed and felt like I needed a temporary escape from the stress. Not a valid reason, but I'm not at all shocked that I put myself in a position to fail with this schedule. Then this morning I got up, went into work, and spoke to them about not working during the semester. So I'm gonna work out my remaining two weeks of schedule, and then not work again while school is in session. I hope it's not too late to try to right the ship as far as this semester goes. I feel a bit better already, though. It even feels mentally less chaotic to have a fixed end date for work, even if it's not for two weeks. I'm also going to take a step back from looking for an internship until I get my academic stuff back on track. I'm just juggling too many things, and I've got to narrow it down and focus. At this point, my brain feels so chaotic and unfocused, I'm not really making good use of my time anyhow.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:56 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good morning! Feeling a bit groggy from intermittent sleep, but still refreshed from real sleep, not just being passed out. Ready to knock out day 3. Been spending some quality time with my son and that makes my heart happy. The less i drink the more my husband talks about quitting, of course usually after he's been drinking. Lol, one day at a time. He told me it is real nice when I'm not drinking, which makes me feel good. Have a good day everyone
Old 10-08-2020, 10:01 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Sounds like that was a warning for you dear Daria.
Glad you organised some more time for you and your studies. s

Sounds like lots of positive steps forward in your house BacktoGood! s
Old 10-08-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

They're keeping me in the hospital another night. :/
Old 10-08-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

^ Make the most of it, freedomfries, rest up, get well soon.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:52 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Sending healing love dear FF s ❤️
Old 10-08-2020, 01:29 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

FreedomFries if they didnt think you needed to be in there you would have been sent packing. You know how it is.
Take the help while you can. Its going to be hard enough once you are out and able to do what you want.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:37 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

A little rough tonight, had a friend stop by and she had a few cocktails with my hubby. Usually i would be partaking. He did acknowledge that i was on day 3 and maybe he should cut down. I didn't drink and i knew i didn't want to, but that thought was SO there. Going to bed sober. It also helped that i had a productive day during on house projects we've put off for over a year. I also ran to the store for some Gatorade and fizzy drinks before she came over so i would have something besides water to drink. It helped. Night all.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:23 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hey freedomfries how are you doing today? Hoping they let you out today man
Old 10-09-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I went to bed super early last night. It was great to get some good sleep in. I was feeling grumpy with everyone after I made dinner and cleaned everything all by myself without so much as a thank you for dinner. Everyone was just doing their own things. So I took care of me.

Dee you are totally right that I need to be committed to doing anything other than drinking. And it is time to use all of my tools and add some. I am so ready to work though this and get to the side of long term (permanent) sobriety.

FF I hope you can go home today. Thinking of you.

Way to go everyone else fighting this fight. ❤
Old 10-09-2020, 04:11 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Coz

Just finishing up day 11 and feeling really good about my renewed sobriety. I even got lots of stuff done in the yard today which really helps with going to bed sober and satisfied.

Take care and don't drink!
Old 10-09-2020, 10:18 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

I would like to join this October class. I have 6 days without alcohol and 1 day sober without alcohol OR marijuana.

It has been very hard for me to not smoke. This morning I asked my wife to hide my stash and stuff from me because I was worried that being able to smoke within 1 minute of my temptation might be to soon for me to recognize the AV and stop. I am really worried about relapsing, and my AV is really worried about not relapsing. My wife went to the store and during that time I decided once she got home I should ask her where my stuff was and go at it again. Thankfully I did not, I am still going sober today, one minute at a time. This is pretty uncomfortable now but I know it won't last forever and it is worth it.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:30 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Welcome Livinchi, lots of wonderful people here that offer support and insight! Congrats on your sober days
Old 10-09-2020, 10:39 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Hello again dear Lvinchi.

Huge smoker here as well for a lot of years. I did it the other way around....stopped smoking then alcohol, and I remember it all like it was yesterday.
It was hard. For sure. But I spent a lot of time on SR and got so much support that I was able to keep moving forward, sober.

If I was you, I would get rid of that stash. I wouldn't want that temptation aroujnd. Just a thought. s

Oh....and 6 days off alcohol is AWESOME!!