Old 10-20-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

You will dear Phil. s xx ❤️

Glad you are home dear FF. s ❤️
Old 10-20-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Coz

Glad you're back with us Phil.

I spent a lot of time wanting to be a normie and started seriously questioning why I couldn't be. I'd just spent over three months sober and really struggled with the idea that I had control over my abstinence, but couldn't have enough control to just have a drink or two on occasions. I knew from all my reading on SR and from my own limited experience that once we are alcohol dependent, there is no such thing as only one drink. So I gave up driving my sobriety and trusted that this was the case. But I think I had provided AV with a bit of a crack to open up wider, as it wasn't long after that I accepted a drink (long story, but a particularly bad day) and was back to being a drunk in no time at all.

Dee often says, don't confuse abstinence with control. I hope I have really learned this lesson and have added more to my plan to make sure I don't fall into that trap again.

As you say, it will get easier and better as time goes on. If you're already starting to feel better on day 3, then you are well on track to be feeling great really soon!
Old 10-20-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Aww, Phil.

You sounded so peaceful and centered after that one sober day-trip you took a couple weeks back.

You'll get back there.

I don't think there's any shame in having a genetic disorder that causes an inability to process alcohol like "normies" do. It's like having fair skin: can't change it so wear sunscreen!
Old 10-20-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Good morning. Checkin in on Day 3... So far so sober! As I’ve shared in my into post here, I fear the weekend the most as that’s my High volume time... But no withdrawal issues just yet.. 🤞🤞🤞
Old 10-20-2020, 05:48 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

So pleased you're homeward-bound, FF

Hope day 3 is treating you well, Back

Glad you're back in the sober saddle, Phil

Brilliant job on 11 days, Matrac!

I am part-way through day 3 and posting here now because this is my most difficult time of day. I spent the morning clearing leaves and other garden rubbish and I've just had lunch. I'm so so tempted to have an ice cream or some chocolate but I know that that will lead me straight to hell . So I'm focussing on all the millions of reasons as to why bingeing is a really bad idea! Reading all the wise and hard-won insights on here is amazingly helpful xxx
Old 10-20-2020, 06:30 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

I am in with the October crew. Even though things feel dark right now, I am moving inch by inch with you folks. Thanks
Old 10-20-2020, 06:33 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group dear luvchunk! s xx

You know what they say: it's always darkest before the dawn.
And then the sun rises, and the colours are beautiful....hang on....it will get way better! ❤️
Old 10-20-2020, 07:32 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hi October I would like to join. I had my last drink of alcohol on 10/14. I have to be done for good this time.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group dear Five! s xx
Old 10-20-2020, 09:26 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
And Daria - make sure you keep some time aside for you to relax - hopefully that opportunity is getting closer. Remember the 'T' in HALT is for tired. Much harder to battle or ignore AV if you are hungry, angry, lonely or TIRED.
Yeah, I'm just trying to make it through this Friday as best I can. Once I get past Friday I'm done working for this semester, so I'm hoping I can get caught up/start feeling less overwhelmed with school projects and have some downtime just for me. I think I often don't consider what just being tired and mentally burned out can do as far as me being more likely to go get that cider at the end of the day.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I'm discharged. My sister is picking me up in 2.5 hours and yen I'm on my way home.
I'm happy for you FF!
Old 10-20-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
I'm happy for you FF!

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2020, 01:51 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Coz

Welcome to the sober October class TJ, Luvchunk and Five.

TJ - hope TJ is OK to use (I'm a slack typer!) Day three and no major withdrawals is fantastic. Don't let it fool you into thinking that quitting is easy! From my experience it is far from easy and it gets harder each time I try. So this time I'm not trying, I'm doing.

Luvchunk - in addition to Suze's dawn and sunrise analogy, I also like that there is no rainbow without some rain. It really does get better - I read it here on SR and it is one of my favourite thread subscriptions. Have a read sometime: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ts-better.html (It Gets Better)

Five - your back-to-front dates are a challenge for me, but I think congratulations on a week sober is in order? Well done!

Daria - great that there is a relief in sight. Just a few more days to go. Take care of you whenever you get a chance.

Devizes - you are doing so well. It seems like we are giving up things in early withdrawal, but we really aren't - all we are doing is moving on from a destructive behaviour which is great to give up.

FF - welcome home!

BTG, Jewel, everyone - how are you going?

I'm off to play in the mangroves - have a great day/night all....
Old 10-20-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

The last time I posted here, I think I mentioned that I wasn't quite ready for sobriety. I would take a few days off every week or so and that was that.

But recently something seems to have clicked internally and I've just lost all desire to drink. It doesn't interest me and I've barely noticed the absence since I've stopped. Today will be 8 days clean. I'm not sure what is happening, and I know it will become more challenging, but I plan to ride this momentum and develop a plan. I can finally envision a sober life that is satisfying, which I don't think I have been able to in the past.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hey, day 3. Slept better, still feel like my whole body aches. Really frustrated with my son's online schooling...i mean everybody is, the teachers, the kids, and the parents. I'm trying to keep it together, but my patience is running thin. And it's not my 9 year olds fault. I'm adjust on edge and feel at that well. Going to get out for a walk today if i can. Enough whining for me! Congrats FF getting to go home And i hope you'll are having a great sober day! Check in 2marrow!
Old 10-20-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Backtogood.....so proud of you. 3 days is sensational.
Here with you all the way to commiserate with the aches and the homeschooling nightmare. xxxxxxx s

And Joe ~ it's kind of amazing when that shift happens, and we feel ready to embrace a sober journey.
With you every step. xx
Old 10-20-2020, 08:15 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

End of day 3 here. I had a couple moments today where I wanted to cave and go get some cider, but I didn't. Instead I either ate or went for a run. I tried to remind myself that there are things I want more in life and drinking isn't going to help me get there.

In the end, I had a somewhat productive day as far as school goes. Headed to bed to read for a bit and then sleep. Tomorrow is another day!

I hope RAL and Jewel are doing well. I haven't seen them in the last few days.
Old 10-20-2020, 08:23 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hey Octobers! Hang in there!
Old 10-20-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

3rd day was crap. I wanted to drink so bad, i even searched the house for anything i might have hid. My husband and had thrown everything out 3 days ago. He came home, i knew he had a few. He lied, we argued. I bawled like a baby, I've been so emotional with this new path. He came more wasted than I've seen him in a long time. He started crying, which he only does when he is emotionally drunk and now is passed out. I've never been so happy that he threw away that alcohol, cause now i see what i can be like stumbling drunk. When he was crying i know he is suffering as much as i am, his is just more internal, I'm an open book of this is my reality. Today sucked and he probably won't remember in the morning, but we all suffer different and i can't wait for day 4.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:50 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

I'm ashamed to say that I slipped again yesterday. I tried distraction and it worked for a while but then I thought I'd just have a snack and it all went wrong.

I worry that inside I just don't believe I will ever beat this, so what is the point? Or, worse, that I don't really want to beat it so any attempt will be half-hearted

But I DO want to beat it and I KNOW change is possible. I'm still an Octoberite and I still have all of you and you are amazing