Notices

Class of October 2020 part 1

Old 10-06-2020, 02:50 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome resurgence
Old 10-06-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Nice to see so many folks in this class!

I started a new med and one of the side effects is sweating. Woke up in the middle of the night in a puddle and it reminded me of the first few days of withdrawal. Momentarily questioned if I relapsed and then remembered that was months off. Thank goodness. It wasn't pleasant but was such a relief when I realized. It's the little things.

Daria, I started a couch to 5k, too! Jogging helps me clear my head. I suck at it but it's nice to have alone time out in the world.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:52 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phil71els View Post
I've hit day 6 for the first time since July. Just saying, dont wanna jinx it.
That's wonderful Phil! s
Old 10-06-2020, 08:57 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Fought through NASTY cravings yesterday!!! However, chilly dogs and milkshakes are not the solution LOL! Putting a nature hike right in the middle of the day today. And a friend turned me on to Green Chef yesterday so I have some healthy food coming my way next week. :-) Day 29!!
Old 10-06-2020, 09:35 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Morning/afternoon all!

Start of Day 3 here. I've got a busy day of exams and interview prep, so I'll probably be away a good chunk of it, but I'll check-in later after classes are over this evening and I get my run in.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-06-2020, 10:36 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Stuck in hospital after a siezure. Wearing a catheter so not comfortable. Can't wait to take this thing off and leave. Day 19 today. No matter what happens, I won't drink again and I won't change my mind.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:21 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Healing love dear ff s ❤️
Old 10-06-2020, 01:12 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hi Citrus honey. s
How is your day? xx
Old 10-06-2020, 02:44 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Octoberites

Congrats on day 6 Jimi . One week is an 'easy' step from here!

Daria - day 3 is a great start - I am so impressed you are able to deal with your busy day. Day 3's for me are PJ's, SR and TV (getting my acronym fix for the day).

Welcome to the Octoberites Resurgence.

Kittie - yes it is great that this class is growing and getting more and more active. i so love it when I check in and have new posts to read. Please don't think I am not caring, but I did have a giggle about your med-sweats. I do hope that they don't last too long - although the reminder of withdrawal symptoms might not be a bad thing. I hated the smell of my bedroom in those early days - I think the sweats were mostly smelly alcohol toxins!

Misc - I think chilli dogs and milkshakes are a perfect solution to nasty cravings. So much better than booze - and you can remove the negatives with your nature hike. Good on you for not succumbing to the cravings. Theory has it that they should come around less and less often, and shouldn't last as long so great that you worked through it - with the yummy dog and shake.

FF - hope you get out soon, and also hope that they can give you some ideas what is bringing on the seizures so you can work towards a lifestyle that doesn't end up in a hospital bed.

To the rest of the Octoberites - hope you are dong well. Please post if you are able to let us know how you are going.

Time for a coffee for me (morning here in Australia) and then keep myself busy with my office furniture restoration project.

Take care....
Old 10-06-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Not doing well. But I'm here and sober another day. how on earth can it be so difficult to get to 2 days
Old 10-06-2020, 02:49 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

sorry to hear you are in hospital FF. I hope they can diagnose you and you can get help very soon. Many congrats on your sober time
Old 10-06-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misc72 View Post
Fought through NASTY cravings yesterday!!! However, chilly dogs and milkshakes are not the solution LOL! Putting a nature hike right in the middle of the day today. And a friend turned me on to Green Chef yesterday so I have some healthy food coming my way next week. :-) Day 29!!
Interesting Misc, I have to check out Green Chef. Chili dogs and a milkshake are ok in my eyes if it quells the cravings, works for me too.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:54 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Ral - what's up? Is it the withdrawal stuff that is bringing you down? Physical / emotional! If it is, please know that in another day's time you will feel so much better. Do you think it is worth having a chat to your doctor to get something to make it a little easier? Please hang in there and take care of yourself. Thoughts are with you - particularly as those first few days are still very fresh in my mind.

Old 10-06-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Just checking in. Not doing well. But I'm here and sober another day. how on earth can it be so difficult to get to 2 days
Because this is hard love. s

But you got one day.....so you can get another one day. And then another one. s
Together love...all the way. s xx ❤️
Old 10-06-2020, 02:56 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimiC View Post
Interesting Misc, I have to check out Green Chef. Chili dogs and a milkshake are ok in my eyes if it quells the cravings, works for me too.
There are tons and tons of them Jimi love.....home delivery meals that are awesome quality. Hello Fresh.....lots....just in case you want to have a look. s xx
Old 10-06-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Jimi and Joy, and Tiles, getting the band back together. I'm sooo happy you guys are here, and the rest of the October-inos too! It's going to be a great month! Everyone is going to do great. Like I always say, if anyone, anyone feels shaky, reach out to me by PM or text. I'm not going anywhere and I fought the battles man.
Oh yeah OOTT! To quote Keith Richards, I’m grateful to be here, heck I’m grateful to be anywhere.

RIP Eddie Van Halen. A legend and a musical hero of mine since I bought their first record when I was in jr. high.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Yes.....that was really sad news. s
Old 10-06-2020, 03:32 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Rip Eddie. He is up there playing with those taken too soon.
Old 10-06-2020, 05:02 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
There are tons and tons of them Jimi love.....home delivery meals that are awesome quality. Hello Fresh.....lots....just in case you want to have a look. s xx
I've tried alot of home delivery meals, just for variety. Blue apron is delish, if outs available in your area!
Old 10-06-2020, 05:11 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post

Daria - day 3 is a great start - I am so impressed you are able to deal with your busy day. Day 3's for me are PJ's, SR and TV (getting my acronym fix for the day).
I don't know how well I'm dealing. lol This is, by far, my worst semester grades-wise, which has been very upsetting for me. I'm seriously contemplating ditching the job b/c I honestly think it's more than I can handle right now mentally and emotionally. It's just stretching me too thin, and I feel like I'm setting myself up for failure with so much stress. There's no time to process or deal with anything. I'm just white knuckling, trying to survive everything each day.