Notices

Class of October 2020 part 1

Old 10-09-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Day 4, and i just lost my **** trying to work with my son on his online schooling. Meaning, i tried to talk to him about missing assignments and he had to one extra assignment everyday til he caught up or no media. He stared telling at me and i yelled at him and took away his ipad and switch. He pouted and i cried. So emotional right now. I know this is new to both of us and the apps they have us for school are confusing. I think my emotions are just high right now, they are used to be filtered thru the booze. I really want a drink lol
Old 10-09-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi Everyone!

Welcome Livinchi and congrats on your 6 days sober and one day without the smokes. Your off to a flying start - good on you.

Backtogood - congrats on day 4. And yes, our emotions are pretty new to deal with in those first days, weeks and months. Have a relax moment, get some fresh air, take some deep breaths and think about the outcome you want for you and your son. Then have another 'calmer' chat and work out a negotiated way of getting the outcome that you both are happy with. You are doing so well, as it is still early days and far from easy.

Is anyone from Canada? If so, Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you get to use the weekend to celebrate (without drinking) all the things you are thankful for.

For the rest of us - have a lovely sober weekend. Join the weekenders thread if you want and/or need more SR contact on the weekend.

Day 12 for me - a beautiful sunny Saturday here in Queensland, Australia, so going to spend some time outside to soak it in.

Take care.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Backtogood stay strong. I just had my 3 sons online learning for almost 3 weeks while they had covid... it was not pretty. Lots of tears and yelling. Just tell yourself this too shall pass. Vent away here!
Old 10-09-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Backtogood View Post
Day 4, and i just lost my **** trying to work with my son on his online schooling. Meaning, i tried to talk to him about missing assignments and he had to one extra assignment everyday til he caught up or no media. He stared telling at me and i yelled at him and took away his ipad and switch. He pouted and i cried. So emotional right now. I know this is new to both of us and the apps they have us for school are confusing. I think my emotions are just high right now, they are used to be filtered thru the booze. I really want a drink lol
Oh gosh, this stuff is all so hard.

If it was me....I would go and talk to him right away. Say sorry. Let him say sorry. Give him back the Ipad and declare a school-free zone for a day.
And ask him to commit to doing the assignments. And perhaps get extra help from a teacher or two....they should be able to do that.

So much better than drinking. I promise you. s xx
Old 10-09-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Backtogood stay strong. I just had my 3 sons online learning for almost 3 weeks while they had covid... it was not pretty. Lots of tears and yelling. Just tell yourself this too shall pass. Vent away here!
omg 3 kids to navigate!
Old 10-09-2020, 02:30 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh gosh, this stuff is all so hard.

If it was me....I would go and talk to him right away. Say sorry. Let him say sorry. Give him back the Ipad and declare a school-free zone for a day.
And ask him to commit to doing the assignments. And perhaps get extra help from a teacher or two....they should be able to do that.

So much better than drinking. I promise you. s xx
i did did calm down, we talked, he got his stuff back. I did set up a meeting with his teacher for all of to chat via zoom. He's is spanish immersion as well, so it's extra challenging for me cause all his assignments are in spanish. Plus they don't do math like i grew up doing math lol. So mom knows nothing!
Old 10-09-2020, 02:33 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I know.....the maths is nuts. I was doing college entry a few years ago when I moved here, and an A grade maths student (me) was reduced to tears....the system here is kind of insanely convoluted. No clue.

WELL DONE love!!!!! What a win!!! s xx
Old 10-09-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Oh my, math in Spanish.... bless you! I'm glad you guys have a plan now.

Luckily my oldest daughter (19) can help her 3 brothers with the math. The boys are 16, 14 and 12. The 16 year old was no problem for me, he had some issues but could figure them out on his own. The 14 year old was the problem with not turning assignments in and our portal makes it hard for me to see what he is missing until I get contacted by a teacher. The 12 year old just melts down at the slightest thing going wrong, lots of breaks and snacks where key with him. I think everyone everywhere is just trying to do their best this year! I am SO glad mine are back in school though. And as they where tested and had covid they can't be contact traced quarintined for 90 days from their test. Whew.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:02 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Oh my, math in Spanish.... bless you! I'm glad you guys have a plan now.

Luckily my oldest daughter (19) can help her 3 brothers with the math. The boys are 16, 14 and 12. The 16 year old was no problem for me, he had some issues but could figure them out on his own. The 14 year old was the problem with not turning assignments in and our portal makes it hard for me to see what he is missing until I get contacted by a teacher. The 12 year old just melts down at the slightest thing going wrong, lots of breaks and snacks where key with him. I think everyone everywhere is just trying to do their best this year! I am SO glad mine are back in school though. And as they where tested and had covid they can't be contact traced quarintined for 90 days from their test. Whew.
you are so lucky, mine is in 4th grade and we are in Oregon. They just announced they are pushing any hope of returning to school til end of February...basically we will be doing this all year. 2020.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:34 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Livinchi

D
Old 10-10-2020, 06:43 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Day 23. Still in hospital. I wish they'd just let me go. Theyre just keeping me because I have a mild chest infection. Feels like a waste of a hospital bed. I just want to be home.
Old 10-10-2020, 07:53 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Oh gosh FF, sorry you are still in hospital.
Maybe they are just playing it safe due to covid. s xx
Old 10-10-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I wish my mother didn't call the ambulance. I wouldn't have gone to hospital given the choice.
Old 10-10-2020, 08:58 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I understand that, but better safe than sorry....and mums will be mums. s
Old 10-10-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Glad you're in the best place to get the care you need just now, freedomfries. Wishing you a good recovery.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:10 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Sure, count me in.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:18 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Get well FF, mom's know best!
Old 10-10-2020, 10:26 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group dear Notch! s
Old 10-10-2020, 02:19 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Not my first time here. I hate the time I wasted while drinking. I hate that I failed. No fooling myself this time. No drink is small enough to be safe. I want to be healthy again.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

matrac love ~ was it failure, or was it the lesson that turns your life around?
I know I did this over and over again for years before I was able to be where I am now.
And every one of those painful horrendous years was a catalyst.
And I know you can do this.
Onward together. s ❤️