Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

“Seriously, you want to stop?” -Weekender thread 26 - 29 April 2019

Notices

“Seriously, you want to stop?” -Weekender thread 26 - 29 April 2019

Old 04-30-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I love that part of the country, Bim. (shhh... don't tell anyone that it's nice there pretty much all summer...) I would like to re-locate permanently to the Pacific Northwest at some point in my life. Or another country. We shall see. All possibilities are on the table. I am an only child, though, so some of that will depend on what happens with my mom down the road. I might have to stay around here to be a caretaker at some point. She swears that won't happen, but... ya just never know.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I love that part of the country, Bim. (shhh... don't tell anyone that it's nice there pretty much all summer...) I would like to re-locate permanently to the Pacific Northwest at some point in my life. Or another country. We shall see. All possibilities are on the table. I am an only child, though, so some of that will depend on what happens with my mom down the road. I might have to stay around here to be a caretaker at some point. She swears that won't happen, but... ya just never know.
She can move out here, too. They have old people here. Lots of services and help.

And NO! It rains all the time! 365 gray skies. And when it isn't raining there's fire-smoke or snow! Horrible traffic! Panhandlers! Tickets for jaywalking!..and nowadays, marijuana smoke on every corner!

Get off my lawn.

RIP Emmett Watson
Old 04-30-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

A veritable plethora of Mt. Baker Pix...

~ Mt. Baker ~
Old 04-30-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
A veritable plethora of Mt. Baker Pix...

~ Mt. Baker ~
Well, what kind of NW person am I?

That image I linked WAS Mt. Baker, I thought it was Rainier. That's why the image looked familiar, I have spent more time up there than down by Rainier. D'oh.

Seen one massive volcano, ya seen 'em all? yeah, I'm going with that.

I'll just go turn in my Starbucks lifetime membership now.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

, Bim

Yeah, I think my mom wouldn't mind moving there, actually. She has mentioned it in the past. She's thinking more Northern CA, though I think. I could talk her out of that.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I haven't seen any volcano's in London, get a bit excited if I see a big hill.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Well, there is a downside to living with volcanoes. . .
Old 04-30-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
I haven't seen any volcano's in London, get a bit excited if I see a big hill.
I think they're all south of the river.

Pacific North West does look inviting and the rain would not be a big change for us Brits. You need fear not though bim, I cannot afford retirement and no one else would employ me so you're safe for a while yet.

London does have 6 new residents, this was at a lake in Victoria Park. Best to give swans a bit of a wide birth at this time of the year as they get super aggressive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190430_181845.jpg (13.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-30-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
saoutchik

And another... not a very good pic though i'm afraid, my apologies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20190430_182342.jpg (39.9 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-30-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Those Mallards must not be experienced parents...One little duckling? So much for passing on those genetics.

Cute goslings, though.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yeah, I thought 1 duckling was unusual.

All the best to you PhoenixJ, I really hope the migraines are short lived. At least there will be no more hangovers.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:59 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Yes the swans (beautiful as they are) in my local park are terrorising all the other water fowl. Last year some Canada geese had goslings but the swans wouldn't let them back in the lake. A few days later they were nowhere to be seen, it was very sad.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:11 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Pretty swan and cygnets, saoutchik.

Fwiw, my migraines (had them for years, crawl-off-to-bed-level) stopped after I got a salt-lamp.
Negative ions, I believe.
I have two salt-lamps now and have them on all day when I'm at home.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

(((((Kailey)))j); those dreams can be so unsettling. I had one last week and kept walking in circles in the dreams, chastising myself - “How could you do this? What is wrong with you?” and calling myself a stupid idiot. Even after I woke up and realized that it had been a dream, I was still mad at myself; maybe we never totally get over the guilt.

Kudos upon kudos to all of you, solar panel dudes. No solar panels on the house here but I would love them; my husband is a very hard sell. I do have a hybrid car, though., and the intent to leaving the smallest environmental footprint as possible by buying biodegradable, environmentally friendly products, and recycling everything, even textiles and taking short showers

The thought of volcanos is scary but it seems as though many beautiful areas have their risks - California and the PNW with its risks of earthquakes, volcanos, wildfires and mudslides; the Midwest with its risk of tornados and floods; the southeast with it risks of hurricanes, tornados and floods. The creepiest place that I have visited, though, was Yellowstone National Park; it is beautiful and the wildlife is almost beyond comparison but those ‘bubbling cauldrons’ everywhere, even poking up through the roads and parking lots (with the knowledge that scientists firmly believe that the area is going to blow again) was quite unsettling. Despite its beauty and majesty, I was happy to leave.

Signing off with so much love to all.

Ohhhhhh - P.S. - we have three Sandhill Crane families this year - two pairs with two babies, each, and one pair with one baby. What fun!
Old 04-30-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Magsie

That’s amazing Caramel! I’m going to pass that tomyfriend who suffers with migraines.

Kaily, I live on top of a big hill,but it’s not a volcano!

Lovely pics Saou, though nature is beautiful, it can be cruel....

There are two male pheasants in the village, everyday they’re fighting and the loser is looking decidedly worse for wear. I’m not sure how it ends....none of them will leave their territory.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
saoutchik

No volcanoes in London but, and this is not widely known, we did have a series of earthquakes in 1750 (not very big ones admittedly)

https://londonist.com/london/history...-for-londoners
Old 04-30-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
No volcanoes in London but, and this is not widely known, we did have a series of earthquakes in 1750 (not very big ones admittedly)
you'd have thought they'd've been on the news! at ten to six you say?
Old 04-30-2019, 02:09 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

I'm bushed - looong day today. oh well, it'll be worth it on payday. especially as I won't be spending it on alcohol!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I find that have productive and procrastination cycles. When I quit and got thru the first few months of sleep, my productivity soared and I thought; 'This is great, I'm gonna be like this all the time'. Then I started putting things off and as a result beat myself up over it. Getting things done depend on my mood and energy so I just go with the flow.

My niece often get migranes I wonder if shes heard of salt lamps. For as long as i can remember, my mother always had a negative ion machine or some similar contraption. I just remember that it would attract the dust in the air and deposit it on the table.

The only hills we have in Mantoba are found in parking lots during the winter months. Built by the machinery hired to keep the lot clear.

Got my hole cut and LED light installed. Still got all my fingers too, so bonus. Tomorrow is drywall day. I hope I'm half as good at reconstructing as I am at deconstructing. Pulling stuff apart is the fun bit.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:07 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
Nice to see you posting Leigh
I'm off to the low mountains myself for a good hike. I hope the snow has melted below 2000m
PJ