Notices

Please help me

Old 03-14-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
It absolutely will. I know how it feels right now, time goes so slowly, every second and minute is intolerable. The idea to have a drink is so appealing as it will temporarily make things seem ok again. The problem is, that reprieve is so very short, and then you'll be drunk again, drinking more and more to try to feel good, but all the while making things worse and then you have to do it all again tomorrow.

The ONLY way out of this hell you are in is to avoid picking up a drink. I will guess by about 8 pm tonight you will be feeling much better than you do now.

Rest, drink water when you can, little bites to eat when you can.
thank you yes i feel like this day has been a month
Old 03-14-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

A banana is great. Whatever you can hold down will help. You mentioned there is an AA meeting on Friday. You could call AA and have someone meet you there.
It helps so much to have supportive people around when you are trying to quit alcohol. I used AA the first year and also began therapy. The anxiety you are experiencing now is heightened by alcohol withdrawal. Your problems seem magnified right now but there really is a simpl,e solution. Just don't drink today.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
I just cant face any of it, i wish i could be put to sleep for a week till the pain of it all stops
im greatful to have gone THROUGH early recovery and not slept through it. if i did sleep through it, i would have woke up and STILL had the mess in my head to face. i didnt know how to face it but i WANTED to . that required action.
im greatful for going THROUGH early recovery because i remember quite a bit of how much i had to fight. i remember how hard it was- fighting the mental obsession was down to one second at a time some days.trying to avoid things rather than going THROUGH them never helped anything.
getting sober was the hardest thing ive ever done- harder than the 2 1/2 year battle with cancer i had.

staying sober has been easy and well worth every second of fight in early recovery.
everything about recovering is about what youre going to DO for recovery.
did ya find the big book of AA online and start reading it yet? look up any AA numbers locally and call? think ya mentioned an AA meeting friday?
Old 03-14-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I know your right i have never put enough effort into recovery b4 that has to change, my efforts need to be 100%, i havn't been in touch with aa yet as im so exhausted but i will, just get to get some energy. If anyone can offer anymore suggestions as to how to stay sober i would appreciate it
Old 03-14-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Do not ever keep alcohol in the house. There is a medication called antabuse that you can take which causes vomiting if you drink on it. You take it first thing in the morning so you know that you will not drink that day. We were all put on it at the end of our rehab stay. Read everything you can on alcoholism. There are AA meetings online.

Read Living Sober and Under the Influence.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has reached out and given me support and advice, im not sure i would of coped without it. im going to beat this disease and not let you all down.

i still feel quite ill but it seems to be coming more in waves than constant, hopefully im pulling through the worst.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Ive been to see my mam and opened up to her a little on how much im struggling to cope with my dads illness, and life issues and told her ive been using wine to try and block it out. I didnt tell her how bad it had got this week as i dont want her to be ashamed and worried sick, but at least she knows now im struggling, and maybe build on that honestly to help me through
Old 03-14-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well, Tinker. And, it's good that you reached out to your mother.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:05 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thanks anna, going to try get some sleep soon, but worried i have really damaged my liver as have a dull pain, i know no one here is a doctor but have others experienced that in first day of not drinking ? Just making me anxious
Old 03-14-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I hope im not annoying anyone by posting so much but i donr think i could of got through day otherwise and im so determined to change now
Old 03-14-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

You're not annoying anyone, my dear. You're using this website just the way it's meant to be used. The more you post, the more people care about you, actually.

The constant dull pain and pressure under my rib cage went away when I quit drinking. In my case, yes it was my liver, enlarged and inflamed and pretty pissed-off. It healed itself when I treated it better!

You're doing great, ignore any thoughts that drinking will help you; you know absolutely that it won't...
Old 03-14-2019, 05:04 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you get some rest and feel better tomorrow TB

D
Old 03-14-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Thank you yes the ache in my side has eased off and ive had a bit of doze in and out of sleep, got insmnia but at least im just able to rest peacefully not pacing round like yesterday. Its 12.30am here so im in to day 2, still worried about work but im just going to have to go in hope for best and never repeat this mess. I know i can become the person i want to be. Im going to write a full recovery plan tonight too as i need to commit to sober living forever
Old 03-14-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

You are sounding much improved, TB, and I'm thankful for reading that. You've made it through a very hard part already, and I hope that you can get some rest tonight. We are pulling for you, and nice job on staying on the SR board to get this far.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Thank you Guener yes i will be staying on SR for good now, that was my last day one. I cant waste anymore of my life. Ive got a battle ahead of me but i so want to win
Old 03-14-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tinker - I'm so glad to get caught up here & see that you're doing better. You seem much more hopeful & optimistic.
I had all sorts of aches & pains when I first quit, but everything settled down once I got some sober time built up.
Be proud of yourself for getting through a frightening time.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:45 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Tinker - I'm so glad to get caught up here & see that you're doing better. You seem much more hopeful & optimistic.
I had all sorts of aches & pains when I first quit, but everything settled down once I got some sober time built up.
Be proud of yourself for getting through a frightening time.
thank you im managing 15 mins naps then waking again but i still feel aching in my back, but ive been pouring poison into me so im bound to be unwell for a while.
i think the realisation that although i had a choice to buy and take that first drink, i have a disease that takes over me and i must treat it, i had definitely became powerless to it, and i dont think i got that before, and the progression it took over me this time is terrifying. Im finally ready to accept i have a lifelong illness that i must battle.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:30 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Well day 2 i still feel ill not much sleep, but going to drag myself to work, dreading it but what else can i do, i have to move forward. And i look terrible so hopefully they will believe ive been genuinely ill ! The thought of drinking again makes me want to be sick.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I am so proud of you Tinkerbeau your doing it. The worst of the physical part is almost over. You got this!!! I (as we all had have) had liver pains that took a little while to heal soon they will be gone. Just keep drinking water to help flush the poison out of your system. Have a great day today at work.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi, Tinker,

I just want you to ynow that you are not alone...I have been where you at right now...many times. I know the fear, dread and physical pain you are experiencing all too well. I am rooting for you! And I am proud of you for not drinking right now. No matter what happens, getting sober is the most important thing. I only have 7 days sober. I went to an AA meeting this week, which helped...and I have busied myself with new things when I'm not at work. Daily, i now wake up and remind myself of how i felt and I think I have finally accepted that I cannot drink. My thoughts and prayers are with you!