Notices

Please help me

Old 03-12-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your support, your care is amazing i know i have a huge battle to face
Old 03-12-2019, 10:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Tinkerbeau!

The people at your local AA are waiting for YOU! It will mean so much to them that you have come to their meeting. Keep going back--it works if you work it!
Old 03-12-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dear Tinkerbeau,

Nearly 11 momths ago i was in the same place as you. I am 46. I was 45 then. I have a 6 year old little girl. My little girl was at her dad's as I was meant to be working and I work away from home (I am airline crew). I phoned in sick for work and went on a 10 day alcohol (wine) binge. In that time I had 3 falls which could have easily killed or disabled me, tried to smash an ex friends window with a block of wood and had a police visit (I was under the influence when the police came round too). I was in blackout for days, I had no idea what I had been doing. It was horrendous. I know exactly how you are feeling!!

There is hope. I was broken, totally broken. I could not stop drinking and it was going to kill me. I got myself to an AA meeting and I am now nearly 11 months sober. As Tomsteve says, miracles do happen. Because I could not go 11 days without a drink. Not only that but my life is improving in every way. AA is not only helping me to stay sober but it is giving me the tools to live a happy, fulfilling and sober life. I never though that would be possible but it is. Not always easy I will add but possible. And worth it.

If you call the AA helpline number they will contact a female AA member who can meet you before the meeting and go in with you so you aren't alone. It is natural to be scared, I was, but there really isn't anything to be afraid of. They are just people like you and me who want to stop drinking and live sober and to help newcomers to achieve sobriety.

Feel free to pm me anytime. X x
Old 03-12-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Snitch thank you im 39 my child does not have a dad, though i loved him really much. What should I say tomorrow when i cant go yo work, i love ny job
Old 03-12-2019, 01:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can stop drinking. It's hard at first but it gets better. Get rid of anything you have and don't get anymore. You can do this!
Old 03-12-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Tinkerbeau people like you, in the situation you are in, is the reason most of us are here today. It's the reason most of the people you see at that AA meeting later this week will be there. I would suggest you say it is your first meeting soon after the meeting starts. That way you are likely to get the most out of it.

I know it's already been said but you should start by going in to your doctor or to the emergency room and be totally honest about how much you have been drinking. They might be able to help your physical withdrawal with medication.

Do what those who have successfully gone through this before you have done. I wish you all the best.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Snitch thank you im 39 my child does not have a dad, though i loved him really much. What should I say tomorrow when i cant go yo work, i love ny job
Are you off sick at the moment?

Wheb I phoned in sick I didn't have to tell my work my reason. I jist said I was sick. I ended up being off work for a few weeks so I needed a doctors certificate (I am in the UK, where are you?). I went to my doctors and I told my doctor I had had a fall, which was true, and had hurt my back and head and arm ,which was true, and my doctor signed me off. In the time I was off Sick, after I had put the drink down, I went to meetings every day and drank lots of tea and water and after school pick up would go home cook dinner for me and my daughter and then give her a bath, have a shower myself and go to bed with her. I was exhausted! In my opinion and it is my opinion only, I wouldn't divulge to your work the real reason you are sick. Even though alcoholism is an illness and deserves to be treated as such there is still stigma around it and non alcoholics tend to not understand. That is your call though obviously. X x
Old 03-12-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Although my little girls dad is in the picture and has a relationship with her, me and him aren't together so I am a single mum too x x
Old 03-12-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sorry things are so difficult right now Tinker, you are in good company here with so many that know how you are feeling.....it will get better, be kind to yourself and as others have suggested, talk to a Doctor, they are here to help you with this, as we all are
Old 03-13-2019, 01:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things TB?

D
Old 03-13-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Not good dee thos is my 3rd day in bed called in sick i yhink i shoutld just resign as im useless
Old 03-13-2019, 05:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Tink,
Do not do anything until you are feeling better. This is not the time to do or say anything more to your work except that you are not feeling well.
Can you get to the er?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

No chloe im just going to stay in bed
Old 03-13-2019, 05:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Ok, Tink. Just stay close to us!
Old 03-13-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thank you chloe its hard to not buy mire wine just to feel better but if i can get through next few hours maybe i can fix myself
Old 03-13-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I wouldn't divulge to your work the real reason you are sick. Even though alcoholism is an illness and deserves to be treated as such there is still stigma around it and non alcoholics tend to not understand. That is your call though obviously. X x[/QUOTE]

thank you your right but why is alcoholism such a stigma, its like im a disgusting person
Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Im in uk to snitch
Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Try drinking water with a little lemon or juice. If you like teas try calming teas. Fluids will start to flush out the alcohol. Are you eating?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

No i cant eat anything just drinking water
Old 03-13-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Tinkerbeau, I can understand how you must be feeling right now, terrified of what you are doing, scared about work, worried about what anybody might say, even a doctor. It's like a paralysis, or it was for me. I'd wait until I was feeling just good enough to pull myself together and go out for more wine (or whatever). It was awful.

The most difficult thing to do is to alter that track long enough to start a reset. It might be motivating by getting in to see somebody that can help you, at least for that beginning. A doctor is a good place to turn to if you are feeling really ill and worry about detoxing. Going to an AA meeting can help you mentally to think that you can not drink for the day. I don't know your work schedule, but if you can get into your place of employment for a couple days at least, you will feel more secure.

Please get some face to face contact that will help you along the way of breaking this current cycle. You will feel better. Trust in your ability to do it.