Notices

Please help me

Old 03-13-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I would call AA helpline, and Samaritans if you think that may help. It seems terrible now, but if you can sober it’ll get easier. You can get a doctors note to have some time to focus on your recovery.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Tink I'm in UK you wanna talk ??? Ill give you my number via pm if you do. Your not alone my friend, today feels desperate, tomorrow Wil feel hopeless. But after that it starts to calm down. Come on girl, you can do this, dig deep. We are all here for you. 🙏💖
Old 03-13-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

So sorry you're in the depths of despair. It won't always feel like this. Call a doctor if you're getting worried about your health.

You could call the AA hotline and talk to someone if you want. Or keep posting here.

You can get through this. Just be kind to yourself right now.

Sending you positive thoughts.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi kiddo.. why are you in bed.. time off from work and in bed.. coffee cleaning cooking do something that holds your attention.. find an old chum that does not drink and chat with them.. I know kiddo its hard.. feel your pain really we do.. hugs love a pat on the head. a cookie and tea. a Mom...

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Im a alcoholic i cant cope anymore ive been in bed for 2 days off work just drinking wine, to stop myself feeling ill, im so lost and alone, its been a long time since my drinking was this bad, i dont know how its happened. Im a failure i have no one to turn too, please help me
Old 03-13-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey I'm glad you're here
Old 03-13-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ardy View Post
Hi kiddo.. why are you in bed.. time off from work and in bed.. coffee cleaning cooking do something that holds your attention.. find an old chum that does not drink and chat with them.. I know kiddo its hard.. feel your pain really we do.. hugs love a pat on the head. a cookie and tea. a Mom...

ardy i dont have a friend in the world
Old 03-13-2019, 02:54 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
ardy i dont have a friend in the world
You've got me!
Old 03-13-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noones going to take your son away if you talk to a Dr a counselor or a helpline TB - I promise.

If you can't get out of bed I think thats time to ask for help?

you have a lot of friends here and we care for you - I really hope you'll reach out for some kind of help.

D
Old 03-13-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks dee ive reached out to alot of people over night, an ex boyfriend who i loved and yet he has not even replied, yet a new friend from work who has given me her time all night as well as some new friends from SR, its amazing how kind strangers can be
Old 03-13-2019, 06:43 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Please realise it's the alcohol which is creating this despair you feel. I know exactly how you feel, in a hole you can't get out of, the only thing you reach for is more wine, but its this very wine which is making you ill. You have to be break the cycle, as bad as you feel, it will pass, as long as you don't pick up a drink. The longer you binge, the worse it will get.

If you are really struggling, go to A&E, just do whatever it takes not to drink.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:23 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Ive been just lying awake on the floor fpr the past 2 hours i thinl the realisation of hpw ill i have become is hitting me o feel a scared mess
Old 03-13-2019, 10:02 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember feeling like that.
Make a vote for change today TB

D
Old 03-13-2019, 10:06 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're hanging in there. I have five days today. What's been helping me is posting on here and getting support, going to meeting so I can be around other people and not drinking of course. It all feels so impossible but if you think about it everything is easier than what you're doing now.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:14 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Tinker, I was at my worst just a few days ago, couldn't stop, felt like I was in a black hole of dread and fear, and worse, alone in that feeling. I found this site and I feel like I am part of something, that I am NOT alone.

The fact that you logged on and reached out speaks volumes about what you, deep inside, want to do. So do it. Take the chance and fight as hard for your wellness as you are for your limitations.

We are here for you.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

A black hole is exactly how i feel, ive contacted a work colleague and asked if she will speak to my boss and tell her ive had a breakdown, which i think i have. Im so worried im going to get sacked
Old 03-13-2019, 10:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Don't worry about your job at the moment, you have to focus on you and your sobriety.

Just a thought, but perhaps you can speak to your boss directly tomorrow and explain what you have been going through? I have heard of companies helping their employees get help with substance abuse.

Or as suggested before, going straight to your doctor and getting help and a letter to your job?

The point right now is to look through all of the pain and know that you can get better, you can do this, it is the hard thing to do, but you are a fighter.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I just cant face any of it, i wish i could be put to sleep for a week till the pain of it all stops
Old 03-13-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats the thing tho - you have to face it sometime TB.

Numbing yourself just translates into more drinking, and it'll get harder to face things sober the more you drink.

No ones saying you have to solve all your problems today - but I do think you need to try and make it an alcohol free day, as long as you reckon it's medically safe for you to do so of course....

D
Old 03-13-2019, 11:48 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Dee i promise i wont drink today i cant i need this to get better, all i want it to get up and go to work and pretend everything is ok, but i feel so ill i cant ive walked from room to room all night on verge of panic attack. Im so upset to let work down though
Old 03-14-2019, 12:13 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi again Tinker, I know you are frightened of reaching out to Mental Health but it is a irrational fear, they will not take your son away. They are there to help not make things worse.

If nothing else get a sick note from your GP for work today. Even that one thing will relieve some of the anxiety, make you feel a little better and help you think more clearly.

Nothing like taking the control back.