Notices

Please help me

Old 03-14-2019, 12:29 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Just wanted to remind you that there are people around the globe who are feeling your distress and hope that you will be able to pass through it and bring order back into things. I don't sleep through the nights, so I wanted to check on how you are doing. No matter how difficult things appear to you, remember that we are here, thinking of your wellness.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I dont even have the energy to get out of bed, l have just emailed my boss and said im still sick and have asked my work colleague not to say anything as im too ashamed for anyone to know, im sure i have had a breakdown this week though
Old 03-14-2019, 12:39 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi Tink so sorry to hear what you’re going through but I’m glad you’re posting here. You are not alone.

I remember being in your shoes so well recently so well, missing work and the anxiety I was going to lose my job. I thought I would never be okay again but I am. You will be fine.. I agree with everyone else try and get yourself to the doctor and get a sick note that will cover you for a week or so. They can’t just sack you there are policies and procedures they have to follow.

There is no shame in your situation and what you are feeling. You can get through this xx
Old 03-14-2019, 12:46 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I believe you about the breakdown, Tinkerbeau, and I do know exactly how you are feeling, as I have been there. Too tired to move, too anxious to sleep, the pacing, and the agonizing feeling that all may be on the brink of loss. These feelings are real but are brutally enhanced by the effect of coming off the alcohol.

Can you muster up the act of getting into a shower, getting dressed, and then go out to get some help? Your mind needs some relief, as well as your body does, and that is not going to change until you do something positive. You might be surprised at just how much better you would feel off if you do.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Guener View Post
Just wanted to remind you that there are people around the globe who are feeling your distress and hope that you will be able to pass through it and bring order back into things. I don't sleep through the nights, so I wanted to check on how you are doing. No matter how difficult things appear to you, remember that we are here, thinking of your wellness.
thank you guener im a mess right now, just need some sleep but peoples kindness means so much
Old 03-14-2019, 12:58 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I just dont know how i let myself get into such a bad state
Old 03-14-2019, 01:09 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Be careful of ruminating endlessly about how you are at the moment, it only serves to lengthen the pain. There is time for reflection later, when you are more composed. When I was feeling like you do, I gave myself some additional time to rest if really needed but set a time on the clock when I would pull myself out of bed to do something purposeful about it. I do return to the action statement, because you will find a time when you will have to move on to the next thing.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:55 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I know beating myself up isn't helping, i just want it to get into my stupid head that i must never drink again
Old 03-14-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

How about some good news?

You will feel better soon, that's a promise.
You never have to feel like this again.
You never have to drink alcohol again.

As you begin to heal, the best advice I can give you is: never forget how you're feeling right now. You only have to do this once.

Hang in there; we all went through this, and lived to tell about it...
Old 03-14-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I think im starting to feel a little clearer headed but the anxiety is crippling i cant believe ive done it to myself again. How long till i feel better ? Its maddness that i keep relapsing and so sick and tried of it.
yet still that stupid voice in my head is trying to tell me to get wine, it will make you better !!!! I hate the voice why wont it leave me in peace
Old 03-14-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everytime you drink you feed that voice. Try starving it instead TB

D
Old 03-14-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Yes i will strave it, will the voice go away in time ?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:07 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

How long has it been since your last drink? Have you been able to eat anything yet?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I had my last drink yesterday at around 8pm, ive eaten a banana. So tired but cant sleep. The panic over what ive done is consuming me.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
I think im starting to feel a little clearer headed but the anxiety is crippling i cant believe ive done it to myself again. How long till i feel better ? Its maddness that i keep relapsing and so sick and tried of it.
yet still that stupid voice in my head is trying to tell me to get wine, it will make you better !!!! I hate the voice why wont it leave me in peace
I also had the anxiety and nauseous it does not last. I slept for 4 days. I would get up drink water eat some carbs and go back to bed. I feel for you but, it will not last fight through it...your almost there. Your doing great!!
Old 03-14-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Are you concerned about physical withdrawal? Have you ever tried to quit before? Are you a daily drinker?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will go away in time TB....but you gotta remember that you probably drank for years right - it's gonna take a little while - have faith

D
Old 03-14-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Im more of a binge drinker though its been getting more frequent lately Sunday, Monday and Tuesday i drank all day. I am scared of withdrawal but im more scared of killing myself with alcohol. I have been sober for 76 days b4 (and during my pregnancy) but turned back to alcohol after my dad suffered his stroke, i have found it difficult to cope ever since.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Yes i will strave it, will the voice go away in time ?
It absolutely will. I know how it feels right now, time goes so slowly, every second and minute is intolerable. The idea to have a drink is so appealing as it will temporarily make things seem ok again. The problem is, that reprieve is so very short, and then you'll be drunk again, drinking more and more to try to feel good, but all the while making things worse and then you have to do it all again tomorrow.

The ONLY way out of this hell you are in is to avoid picking up a drink. I will guess by about 8 pm tonight you will be feeling much better than you do now.

Rest, drink water when you can, little bites to eat when you can.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Yes dee ive been drinking for 20 years and real problem drinking for around 10