Notices

Weekender Thread 1-4 March 2019

Old 03-03-2019, 10:50 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I'm in. Working on my second day. Probably ate too many carbs but I had a decent workout this morning. Just trying to stay busy. Sunday's are difficult but at least it's not football season.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Chrissy
Old 03-03-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is keeping fine today.

I've had a good Sunday. A Sunday lunch with my family and then back home to chill out. I'm glad to be in the house now as it's cold, dark and very wet outside!
Old 03-03-2019, 11:26 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hello all, just because I'm not around on SR much this weekend doesn't mean I'm not thinking about this group. I am making it through a hard time with sobriety as my shield against harder times. Let's make this Sunday a soft landing.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:33 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

wet & windy here as we get hit by Storm Freya. at least a storm named after Norse goddess has a bit more of a ring to it than Storm Doris or similar.

I'm waiting to hear back this week coming about a couple of in-person interviews I had last week, so hopefully I'll get an offer off one of those.

Mags - can you do a handbag analogy for the LBW rule in cricket?
Old 03-03-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Had a bit of a rocky weekend with the pesky AV triggered by stress.

Thanks to those that posted support, it means a lot.

Wind is howling outside, my dogs are gently snoring, got a nice cup of tea, a belgium bun and watching dancing on ice.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

The wind is really loud tonight! Best not keep my little one awake as I want sleep!
Old 03-03-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Magsie

Windy here now too, heard something bang outside. Hope it’s not the purple wheelie bin with cardboard and plastic in it. It will be all over the place!

Pete, I hope the wind doesn’t wake your young one.

Andy, fingers crossed for good news from your recent interviews...Good thought about the LBW rule, will have to ponder that one!
Old 03-03-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Thanks! He is asleep, sounds like the wind is only hitting the front of the house which is our room. Looking forward to waking up hangover free tomorrow 😃
Old 03-03-2019, 12:48 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

heat wave has broken

Autumn now- Monday..see my new psycho-ist this morn- have over thought myself - lots of notes on thoughts, feelings...
Old 03-03-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Chrissie1104! Great to see new folks on the thread.

Sorry you're stressed Kaily but well done for not drinking - it never helps.

Good luck next week jobhunters.

Best wishes out there to anyone struggling - if you have tried and failed before or have relapsed don't give up. After a gazillion failures I thought I would be a person that couldn't quit but I did, you have to reach inside yourself and pull the real you out from wherever it is hiding. The sooner the better.

With that in mind...

https://youtu.be/MXNPkhxnyn8

Old 03-03-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome Chrissy.
Support to you guys Guener and Kaily.
Stay dry in the UK ! In every way ( )
Stay cool down under.

Back to sleep in france...

Goodnight.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I was an avid runner once, started in my mid 40's. Did a few half marathons. But it just got harder and harder to maintain the same level of performance while drinking ever increasing volumes. I stopped trying when I stopped drinking. I did try to get back into it a couple of times and I did enjoy it but my body's just too beat up now. Besides, I've built some brand new interests.

Closing out a very productive and enjoyable Sunday. Congratulations to everyone who didn't drink. And if you didn't make it thru the weeked, don't give up!
Old 03-03-2019, 08:09 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I didn’t drink tonight. Which means I’ll hit one month in less than an hour .

Also, I went to a hockey game with buddies I’d normally drink with. They had several drinks each.

It didn’t bother me that they were tipping them back. I enjoyed my time w/ them and loved every second of the game. Actually, I enjoyed it more than I would have drinking.

This is brave, new territory for me. Normally an event like this would have caused all kinds of anxiety around “moderation” and how to appear “normal” and have the perfect amount of alcohol to both integrate and not be hungover/anxious the next day.

Instead I felt free.

Then I drove home late at night, breathed in the cold night air — and walked into the house to see my wife and newborn son and help put him to sleep.

With the full knowledge that I’ll be ready to tackle tomorrow morning feeling like a million dollars.

How did I ever do anything else? Keep on, weekenders .
Old 03-03-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

PJ, hope your appt went well.

Evoo, sounds a brilliant day, and I find the same, sobriety sets you free! Congratulations on a month!

Pete and Dragon, I ran too many moon’s ago. (Never did make the marathon, it was a dream of mine) I loved the fitness it gave me and the ability to eat anything without putting weight on, oh and the laid back feeling it gave me.. Sigh. that was before my knee moaned a lot and before I drank heavy., I’m so glad I stopped drinking.

Have a good sober week
Old 03-03-2019, 10:43 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Appt was very productive- I think (and feel) I am going in the right direction with dealing about my foo past, living in, and being present in the now- while planning for a future - that is NOT 100% recovery focused..which it has been for the last 3.

Reversed car into tree stump- smashed rear window. Got it fixed- 400, they told me after paying the close from up to down rear windscreen does not close or lock. I fixed that at home.

This psycho is good. She-using simple mental images suggested to me, got me to connect with emotions I had repressed for many years. HAVING emotions- about my foo is a positive step (given they are mostly grief and sad and stuff), when until now the only work I could use about these feelings was 'a void, empty and emotionless'.

To infinity and beyond.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:50 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, it sounds very productive and promising at your appt. sorry about the tree stump, who put that there!
Old 03-03-2019, 11:13 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning, congratulations on a month Evoo!

Glad the psychologist is working out well PJ, sorry about thst tree stump though.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Action shot from yesterdays wet and cold game!
Attached Images
Old 03-04-2019, 02:56 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad the stump didn't do more damage PJ

D