Notices

Weekender Thread 15-18 February 2019

Old 02-19-2019, 10:24 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hey People!! Didn't get swimming today but did go to the leisure centre for a tour and got my free 7 day pass sorted. Packed my pool bag for the morning so tomorrow will get up and swim the normal time I am intending for work to see if I like it there.

Had fish and chips at the chip restaurant on my way back home and now feeling full and really want to fall asleep but trying hard to not do that or I won't sleep tonight.

Anyhow, hope all is well in weekender land and be good ya'll!! xx
Old 02-19-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Mr

For an instant I was lost in my neurons looking for the link in the quoted reply between the slow time at work and the birthday at work and the pub, timberlake... And then it hit me

What a nobbo.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:28 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Mr

Now I want fish and chips real fish and chips with salt and vinegar...
Old 02-19-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I am still lost in my neurons, Vinny.

My excuse that I am just back from the gym and too exhausted)

Good night, weekenders.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I did go on bit of salt and vinegar binge Vman...I'd have a few chips and then add more S&V, must have looked like the cookie monster on a binge haha!! If anyone had come over to my table to borrow the salt I am not sure they would have got away with their life!! xx

Edit: Night MB!! x
Old 02-19-2019, 01:13 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good night Everyone! xx
Old 02-19-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I’m still lost in my neurons too

Hump day here and a quiet day home. I have some casual work starting next week which is a bonus just a couple of months worth but it’s a good boost to my finances
Old 02-19-2019, 05:46 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Got a fire built in the wood stove and am listening to the freezing rain.

Glad to be inside under several comforters

Goodnight everyone
Old 02-19-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Home late, about to hit the hay. Spent the evening with my Uke crowed at the Tuseday Strum.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Weekenders

Still dark here at nearly 4.30 am on Wednesday morning.

Car is going in for mot today then Tomorrow hubby and his family are travelling over to Wales for a few days, for his aunts funeral.

I’ve decided I have to be cruel to be kind when I get rid of my stuff.(clothes mainly). I made a start last night on a top shelf in my wardrobe. Slung most of it in a bag for recycling. There’s more to add and any decent stuff in my wardrobes I can sell on eBay. I don’t know why I hoard things like a squirrel going into hibernation, I really annoy myself.

So at least I’ve made a start. That’s got to be something.

Have a good day
Old 02-19-2019, 10:48 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I am the same Mags- every 6m or so, I sift through the gathering high piles of papers, art stuff, books, and always washed clothes- sort, tidy or get rid of...then begin a new lot of piles...
Old 02-19-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Happy Hump Day Weekenders and Happy Cherry Pie Day!
Old 02-20-2019, 12:09 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

I haven't slept well and my neurons are still struggling.

We have kind of equivalent of Patriot Day upcoming, and it's a tradition to give presents to men who did any kind of military service.

So, I needed to come up with the idea for my "hell maybe - not yet boyfriend" gift.

I opted for a power bank customized with the laser engraving of his favorite soccer team logo. Hope it will turn out all right.

I have to admit though I've been single for so long that all this relationships thing freaks me out.

Have a good Wednesday, weekenders)
Old 02-20-2019, 01:45 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Magsie

MB, a power bank sounds great! He’ll love it!
Old 02-20-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Lovely Weekenders!

Mags - As all the weekenders already know (more than they probably want to lol) when I got back from rehab last year I did a masive house sort. I went through every single drawer, cupboard, nook and cranny. I ended up taking 23 bin bags of clothes to the charity shop or sold at a car boot, many many boxes of stuff that was basically crap to the skip, organised every single cupboard and drawer. I pretty much got rid of 65% of the contents of my house! It was quite an emotional journey but there is not one thing I got rid of I miss or have needed since and I feel so much better for clearing out the baggage of my life.

MB - Great gift choice, sure he will love it.

Willow - congrats on getting some temp work for a while, it's always good to shake up your routine and I am sure the bank account won't be grumbling with an injection of cash! xx
Old 02-20-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Magsie

Manta, thanks for that! I was thinking last night as I was throwing scarves and snoods and hats I’ve had for years, in the recycle bag, what if I need them? Like you said, you’ve never missed any of the things you disposed of. I really don’t think I will too!
Old 02-20-2019, 02:26 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Haha! I hear you Mags! At one point I had 18 pairs of shorts ranging from a size 8 to a 18. I mean I live in the UK and how often do we get a chance to wear shorts firstly, secondly having an 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 size pair of shorts....only one of them fits me lol.

It's crazy how our minds can justify keeping things like this xx
Old 02-20-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Uhg, I live with three hoarders. Its difficult to get rid of alot of things 'cause I have to deal with the other three members of this household. This past summer I was able to clear out loads of stuff to the local charity thrift shop but only because we were taking on alot of stuff from our departed uncle. I often go thru my own stuff and keep it to a minimum. When the weather warms up, I'm planning on a complete reorganization of the garage. I've got lots of duplicate tools, junk, paint cans, scrap wood, shelving full of stuff I'll never use (And if I need it, I usually end up buying it before I realize I had one). I'm going to build a proper work bench with proper storage for my power tools.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:32 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Mr

Late check in.
Busy with work.
See you all later
Old 02-20-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I have a ways to go on the decluttering and de-junking of my house. I have lived there for about 16 years, and just kept piling things in. My grown daughter has not really had a stable place to live until recently, so a lot of the crap in my house is hers. My ex-husband still has a lot of his stuff at my house, too, because he lives in a pretty small apartment. He's going to buy or move into a bigger place one of these days, and promises to take it all then. My daughter and I did get a dumpster in the fall and sorted through stuff in my garage, and at least got it to the point where I can comfortably park my car in it again, with space to get in and out. Still a ways to go in there. I need about 2 weeks off from work and a huge dumpster to take care of the piles of stuff I will never use again. It's a huge monkey on my back. I hate my house right now.

Huge snowstorm here today. Schools are all closed. No one really moving around much. I got to work at my usual time, but I think I might be one of the few who actually get here today. They are saying we could get as much as 10 inches today. I'm very happy this is happening today and not tomorrow, because my man friend and I are going to see Sir Elton John tomorrow night in a city 40 miles from here. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!