SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender Thread 15-18 February 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/436331-weekender-thread-15-18-february-2019-a.html)

Dee74 02-14-2019 04:35 PM

Weekender Thread 15-18 February 2019

Hi There :wavey:

I'd like to welcome anyone new to SR and new to this thread.

Weekends can be a tough time -and that's what this thread is about - support.

We also share bits and pieces of our lives and the things that are important to us, or make us laugh..anything that makes the journey a little easier

If you've never jumped into a weekender thread before - no time like today...do it now!

Ninja weekender this week cos I won't be around later :)

D

andyh 02-14-2019 04:45 PM

thanks D :)

Hawkeye13 02-14-2019 05:10 PM

Shotgun!

MesaMan 02-14-2019 05:54 PM

Greetings Troops ~

I'm sitting out under the Trailer Awning while intermittent Rain falls well outside Phoenix after retrieving MesaMate from the Airport a few Hours ago. The Rain knocks off here around Midnight. It's a residual Front from the Storms absolutely pounding SoCal right now.

After me doing 2 Weeks Solo, we're now back to being the happy Nuclear Family. MesaDog went berserk after his Mom showed up. Below, in celebration of National Golden Retriever Day, I gave him a Stick to enjoy by a recent Morning Campfire out in the Desert at a Wildlife Preserve where we just hung and hiked until yesterday. Something like 17 Million Pallets get trashed at the Dump/Year, so I get them for free out back of Stores to use as Fire Fuel. All were had by a good time. We stayed toasty warm at Night when it hit 28 F [-2 C], and I ate like a Bachelor. That is, not much.

For this next Trip phase, we'll be seeing some Frank Lloyd Wright Designs around Scottsdale, and taking in All Things Desert with this cushy, affordable RV 'Resort' serving as our Home Base. Treadmills for MesaMate to keep her 2 bionic Knee Replacements limber. A lovely Dog Park for Mesa Dog. And, a smokin fast Cell connection for Geek Mon, here. MesaDog is already the BFF of a Goldie across the way whose Parents Winter down here repeatedly from Manitoba.

Drinking ever again would seriously mess up - or end - this now-fun Life, so it's forever off the Table sans any wistfulness whatsoever. Ya can't mourn a *choice* that really isn't one.

Listening to some Little Feat right now...

~ Long Time Till I Get Over You ~ Little Feat ~

Better Days...

https://i.postimg.cc/9fSMpwNS/Boz-By-Campfire.jpg

trachemys 02-14-2019 06:19 PM

Mesa, having been to Taliesen West I can tell you you're in for a treat. I came away with ideas I use in my life.

MidnightBlue 02-14-2019 06:54 PM

In.

Just had 2 hours of sleep and now proceeding with my tests. Jeez.

I haven't even offered the job, but it's already killing me.

STDragon 02-14-2019 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 7124620)
...whose Parents Winter down here repeatedly from Manitoba...

Tell 'em I said hi! :wavey:

STDragon 02-14-2019 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 7124228)
...Happy Valentine's Day! Weather wise it has been a fantastic Spring like day in London.

That's just mother nature softening you up for another big blow...

theVman31 02-14-2019 10:14 PM

I'm IN.
Thank you D for the new weekender.
Salutations weekenders.
Off to work for me.
Later weekenders.

Mags1 02-14-2019 10:21 PM

Hi Weekenders :wavey:

We had a pretty good day in North Lincolnshire yesterday, very cold but the sun was shining! Hopefully it will stay like that to get a few jobs done. I think all the leaves in the village come on my drive, :tapping:

Mesaman, I love Mesadog, a wonderful friend, I shouldn’t wonder.

I’m going for a trip to Cleethorpes today, visit my step mum (she’s 93 in July) and then visiting my friend of 50 odd years. (We met when I moved in next door to her as kids) She’s one of the rare people who knows I’m a alcoholic, albeit a sober one now. And very happy to stay that way.

One of my best tool for sobriety is ‘play it forward’ tape. Remembering (that’s when I did remember) with mortifications, the previous drinking bout and my drunken behaviour. I’m so pleased that is behind me and there to stay.

Great to meet all you guys, I recognise some of you from other threads. Have a good day.:)

saoutchik 02-14-2019 10:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
IN!

Thanks Dee and congratulations on shotgun Hawkeye.

Great photo Mesa, praising Arizona.

My boss is back at work although he sounds like a Dalek:) I am going to work now but leaving after an hour or so!

Originally Posted by STDragon (Post 7124662)
That's just mother nature softening you up for another big blow...

You could well be right Dragon but today at least looks fine.

MantaLady 02-14-2019 11:38 PM

I’m in! Looks like it’s going to be a nice day but I am still not feeling great so will just go for a short walk today and try and do some tidying up.

Xx

MidnightBlue 02-15-2019 12:39 AM

I've finally sent test. 2 hours of sleep. Blah.

Now I have to let go of outcomes. Totally. Need to go outside too to blow some brain cobwebs away.

And then I will be ready to read all your awesome posts.

Canadian Koala 02-15-2019 02:35 AM

Hello Weekenders :wavey:

Count me in! ☼

MidnightBlue 02-15-2019 02:43 AM

I am back from my walk.

Gloomy and miserable weather here.

Glad our British friends are having some treat weather wise.

Beautiful pictures as always, Mesa.

Have a great day, everyone.

saoutchik 02-15-2019 02:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good luck with the tests MB!

I've escaped from work, meanwhile at the train station there's always a comedian.

Willow00 02-15-2019 04:03 AM

I’m in :)

STDragon 02-15-2019 04:04 AM

Morning everyone.

Long weekend for me and fellow Kanuks. It's an incredible feeling to look forward to a long weekend because I'm sober. It wasn't always like that. Like it was / is for many others, weekends were a challange to stay away from the drink. But once I got some distance between me and my old ways, The coin flipped and weekends became something to celebrate.

I use to think that weekend relaxation meant drinking, but it's quite the opposite. Instead of being wound up and hung over, a sober weekend is a great opportunity to unwind, be kind to one self, (and others) and recharge.

(When I'm not shoveling snow)
:winter1

MidnightBlue 02-15-2019 04:43 AM

I just got a call and they asked me to go for a job interview on Monday.

Actually I was taking a nap when the lady called)

Guener 02-15-2019 05:44 AM

There are some really great posts here already, lots of good energy to be had. :) I'm in for a weekend of visiting, small tasks, rest and relaxation, some reading. There is nothing special in all of that, except that it will be done soberly.