Notices

Went back to drinking, need help

Old 08-25-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went back to drinking, need help

Thought I could handle it. Wrote stuff on FB and my relative informed my mother about it. Tried to remove what I said but can't, it's locked me out somehow. I am sure of what I wrote, but I don't think it was that bad. I didn't write about suicide but it showed me a post I deleted in the past about that. How can I be a normal person? I just don't know how to be normal. I don't know how my parents can tell me that I should be happy by being alone all the time while everyone else lives life.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Whopper,

Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time.

We've talked on chat before when I was called BP2, do you remember? Are you drinking at the moment?

John
Old 08-25-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think the first step is always to stop drinking. Always.

I know that it only takes a short time for my mental health to deteriorate, for my eating disorder to make an appearance and for my general well-being to fall apart. It's taken me so long to accept that I cannot change the way I drink and I can't drink without ruining my ife.

Maybe working on acceptance might be the place to start? Do you have any help (professional or groups or anything?) Doing it alone is really hard. Maybe it's time to reach out? Especially if you are having thoughts about suicide.

Normal is one of those terms too, I don't know I believe it exists but happy is something to strive for. xx
Old 08-25-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Glad you’re here. Are you drinking now? If so dump it out. Regarding Facebook, you should be able to delete any posts you wrote. If you’re locked out, reset your password. If you are feeling suicidal please call a hotline or go to the ER.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whopper, if it's your FB account you can delete your remarks.

I closed my FB because of drinking and posting, ashamed at some of the remarks I made. I deleted all that I could find, usually the day after (those that I remembered posting LOL)

Good to see you here on SR!
Old 08-25-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there Whopper! I gave up trying to be normal a long time ago.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by John65 View Post
Hello Whopper,

Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time.

We've talked on chat before when I was called BP2, do you remember? Are you drinking at the moment?

John
Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Glad you’re here. Are you drinking now? If so dump it out. Regarding Facebook, you should be able to delete any posts you wrote. If you’re locked out, reset your password. If you are feeling suicidal please call a hotline or go to the ER.
No I am not drinking now but wish I had something to drink right now so I don't have to feel ashamed and stupid. It made my mother cry. I feel so bad that I am afraid of even logging back in to try and remove what I wrote.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

how about you just delete your FB account?
Old 08-25-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

why Anvil ?

Can people see what we discuss here through our FB account ?
Old 08-25-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

OH Shooo SORRY
Went back and read properly this time
so sorry
Old 08-25-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
how about you just delete your FB account?
I should do that. Fb has caused me to drink in the past. Makes me feel bad.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whopper View Post
No I am not drinking now but wish I had something to drink right now so I don't have to feel ashamed and stupid. It made my mother cry. I feel so bad that I am afraid of even logging back in to try and remove what I wrote.
Best to try and not drink, you know that ultimately it will just make you feel worse.

I don't do facebook myself, I think it's a monster. Try not to be afraid about going on there to delete things, you should feel better after doing so. Or permanently delete it and be done with it.

I've made my mother cry more times than I'd like to remember but we get on just fine even after all that . The dust will settle.

As for being normal, who wants to be normal ?!!!
Old 08-25-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Didn't you get a DUI a while back? I hope you can stop drinking before something awful happens.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi FB can be a difficult place to be. I had to deactivate mine. Then it gets deleted after 2 weeks if you want that. You can always rejoin in the future once you're stronger and sober ☺
Old 08-25-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ayers, many posters have stated that while under the influence they have posted unfortunate, sometimes harmful things ON FB. and with social media, once that stuff is out there, it's hard to "take back". while deleting a FB account doesn't solve the drinking issue, it can limit at least one avenue of damage. no conspiracy!!!

whopper, FB does not CAUSE one to drink, because nothing causes us to put our hands around a container of alcohol, bend our elbow and put it to our mouth. alcohol is never a solution.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Whopper,

I agree with the suggestion to step away from FB. This is time to focus on your recovery. Try to move on from what happened.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Didn't you get a DUI a while back? I hope you can stop drinking before something awful happens.
Yes I did. I have a few more months to go until I can drive again. I will also have the interlock for a period of time. I wasn't drinking for almost 8 months now. I don't know how alcohol made me think differently. I would never say such things sober. I totally embarrassed myself and said hurtful things. I spent all day feeling awful. I was feeling really bored, thought I could enjoy some drink, since I can't drive anyway. I did go on FB and deleted everything but everyone saw it already
Old 08-25-2018, 07:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Whopper
If you don't drink today, life will get better and NOT WORSE. So, don't drink. You're probably dehydrated and that affects our moods so, get some water in you.
Thirdly, If you have a Spiritual Guide or God, pray and meditate. Send some virtual love to all whom you have offended and move on. Nothing to see behind you, but there is a big beautiful future ahead if you take steps now.
love alwaz
mike
Old 08-25-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Whopper. A lot of us did really dumb and embarrassing things drunk - me included - but people will forget in time - especially if you consistently show them a changed you.

Let this be the start of your turnaround

D
Old 08-25-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Whopper! I love your avatar. Though I can’t eat that way anymore at my age .
We have all been there, embarrassed and ashamed. For me it took multiple relapses and several close calls before I finally sobered up which I intend to be permanent this time. Like another said here, people will forget in time. Everything passes including those bad feelings you are having now. Please consider permanently deactivating your FB account. I don’t know what was worse - my social media addiction or the alcohol. I suppose they fueled each other, along with loneliness and isolation. Fakebook is not real. People are often just projecting an image they want the world to see. No offense to anyone on this forum who use FB. I just couldn’t take it. So I deleted my account. I have a smaller circle of friends now and that is ok with me because it’s more real. It is normal to go through lonely periods in life. Please keep coming here. We can help support you. This is a good community. Perhaps you could consider going to AA or another face to face group also? In the meantime, just don’t drink and plan to make that a lift time change. I promise you’ll be better off!