View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Whopper! I love your avatar. Though I can’t eat that way anymore at my age .
We have all been there, embarrassed and ashamed. For me it took multiple relapses and several close calls before I finally sobered up which I intend to be permanent this time. Like another said here, people will forget in time. Everything passes including those bad feelings you are having now. Please consider permanently deactivating your FB account. I don’t know what was worse - my social media addiction or the alcohol. I suppose they fueled each other, along with loneliness and isolation. Fakebook is not real. People are often just projecting an image they want the world to see. No offense to anyone on this forum who use FB. I just couldn’t take it. So I deleted my account. I have a smaller circle of friends now and that is ok with me because it’s more real. It is normal to go through lonely periods in life. Please keep coming here. We can help support you. This is a good community. Perhaps you could consider going to AA or another face to face group also? In the meantime, just don’t drink and plan to make that a lift time change. I promise you’ll be better off!