Notices

Food Addiction- 24 Hour Thread/Support

Old 06-14-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I find that having a meal schedule helps a lot. Plus making sure I hit that protein and calorie goal every day. Lots of vegetables and fruit. Protein, fat and carbs in every snack. Pre-planning. Exercise is huge.

HALT (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired)- it's a really big deal if I'm not properly nourished, and especially in early sobriety. It's much easier when I am. I used to get tipped over emotionally a lot in early sobriety and really noticed it being way worse if I wasn't regularly fed.

H is the beginning of HALT for a reason, I think.
I agree that eating at the same time every day and having a routine helps a lot. That’s the problem with today- I woke up feeling awful, and then ate super early (8:30 am) which I never do. Then I was rushing around trying to run errands before picking up my son from a half day of school and it just threw everything off.
Oh well. I haven’t eaten any off limit foods. Just feeling really uneasy today. Now I’m at my parents house with the kids and Mom is making eggs. Dinner will be vegan crack slaw. My new favorite
Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Bimini, Sun, and Venuscat--thank you so much. I'm really touched by how supportive everyone on this thread is. I've loved being on SR, but this group is just...wow.

And it's true, wanting and having a drink are two different things. Feel much stronger already. Thanks for being there.
Thank YOU for being here. I am so touched that this group continues to grow and get stronger. It is a growing little miracle...
Old 06-14-2018, 10:46 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Oh thank God.....such good news Weev my love. ♥♥♥
Old 06-14-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
Hi my lovelies, all of you, beautiful people making the world a better place today.

The scan was clear. Small fibroids, nothing wrong with ovaries.

Food gone out now though. Something just happened and I have no idea how to make it right. Sad.

Have managed two healthy meals, and a very small binge.

I love you sunflower79. I hope you've made it to freedom in one jump, but if not come and post about it here.

I love you Prof, I love you all
I am glad to hear your ultrasound went well. I’m sorry about the small binge. It’s better than a huge binge, right? Maybe you can be kind to yourself the rest of the day and just rest a little. I find that any out of the norm appointment or meeting can set me up for a binge because of the anxiety. You will get through this day. Lots of love my friend.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Great news, Weaver! <3
Old 06-14-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

weev honey....sounds like you are dealing with something crappy right now (24 hour thread)...please come & talk.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
Hi my lovelies, all of you, beautiful people making the world a better place today.

The scan was clear. Small fibroids, nothing wrong with ovaries.

Food gone out now though. Something just happened and I have no idea how to make it right. Sad.

Have managed two healthy meals, and a very small binge.

I love you sunflower79. I hope you've made it to freedom in one jump, but if not come and post about it here.

I love you Prof, I love you all
Congratulations on the clear scan. Nice job on the two healthy meals.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Day 8 completed and enjoyed my food. Nice variety. Planned mealtimes. Plenty of fluids. Onwards.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

This candida die-off is no joke. I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck since 5 am when I woke up. And my irritability is at its worst. I am going to take extra liver support tonight. Everything I have read said these symptoms are typical when doing a candida cleanse but man, it is not fun. Hoping it doesn’t last more than a day or two.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Day 8 completed and enjoyed my food. Nice variety. Planned mealtimes. Plenty of fluids. Onwards.
Nice work PW
Old 06-14-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hey Weaver. I’m glad your scan went ok. And a small binge is better than a huge one 💕

I’m hanging in there today. Cravings are bad right now so I’m going to eat dinner early and climb into bed
Old 06-14-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hey Professor. I hope you got through your craving. My sponsor always tells me just get through the first year sober. That’s number one. You can always change your habits after that if you need to. So if I’m having a huge craving and I’m going to drink I will eat sugar. (I’m at 5 months)
Maybe this isn’t appropriate for this forum so if it’s not I apologize
Old 06-14-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

It is fine love.....
I think your sponsor sounds very caring. ♥
Old 06-14-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Sunflowerlife, I'll admit I had to google the candida diet to know what it was! Sounds intense. I really hope you feel better very soon. Gut health is really important, I know.

Sounds like many of us just need a good night sleep today, haha.

And that is good advice, Sunflower70; thank you for caring. I did some extra working out and I plan to eat a piece of wheat bread with dinner tonight, so that's my treat. And I bought a pair of shoes. I'm feeling guilty that I didn't do much work today, but I didn't drink and I didn't binge. That's what matters, right?
Old 06-14-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

And congrats PW!
Old 06-14-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
Sunflowerlife, I'll admit I had to google the candida diet to know what it was! Sounds intense. I really hope you feel better very soon. Gut health is really important, I know.

Sounds like many of us just need a good night sleep today, haha.

And that is good advice, Sunflower70; thank you for caring. I did some extra working out and I plan to eat a piece of wheat bread with dinner tonight, so that's my treat. And I bought a pair of shoes. I'm feeling guilty that I didn't do much work today, but I didn't drink and I didn't binge. That's what matters, right?
Not drinking or binging sounds pretty darn good to me I love shoes. I have been meaning to get to DSW lately but just haven’t found the time!

I’m actually doing a candida cleanse (like a boxed cleanse from the health food store) so it’s pills and a liquid tincture. I already do keto so really I just need to omit diary which I’m struggling with. The rest of keto is pretty much part of a candida diet anyway. I was led to it intuitively on Tuesday when talking to a friend about how I haven’t been able to string together more than three days without sugar lately. She mentioned the cleanse and my body said “YES!” She and I both used to work as wellness managers for the same health food store so we talk about nutrition and health all the time. The herbs are really powerful and the candida basically “dies off” and can cause a bunch of yucky side effects. But the good part is I haven’t really had any cravings today. And I haven’t binged since Monday. I did overeat a couple keto bars (I don’t usually buy a box at a time) but I’m not counting it since I stopped afterwards and never felt out of control with it. So technically this is the end of day 3 for me

Hope we all get some good sleep tonight
Old 06-14-2018, 10:52 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Glad to be here starting day 9.

Wishing us all calmness and peace today.

There is peace in my home at present, AH drinking but I am working and loving my Al-anon program and so detaching with love.

I was just listening to a beautiful OA share on You Tube. The lady sharing is me basically. Such a comfort and lift.

My binge eating NO LONGER WORKS! It does not bring me the relief and opt out of life that it used to. My head understands it too well and my body knows it too well now. So it does not work. When I kept it dark and secret and had no understanding of it, it worked. It released the chemicals in me I needed.

Now it is in the stark, clear, bright sunshine, it does not work.

It needs dank darkness to live.

Now I can see it as a very sad, soul destroying activity.

Onwards all.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Into the light.....

And your avatar is beautiful. ♥
Old 06-15-2018, 03:59 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I spoke too soon last night. I didn't binge or drink, but I ended up skipping dinner. My husband was so late getting home (he was drinking with friends), that I just went to bed alone without eating. So I ate 900 calories yesterday, netting less since I worked out a bunch. I didn't want to restrict, but I was just so annoyed. Feel bad this morning.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Have you eaten yet love? I have been up for hours and I need breakfast....sounds like you do too.