Blogs


Notices

Food Addiction- 24 Hour Thread/Support

Old 06-15-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Sunflowerlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,178
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh love....just want to give you a ginormous hug. ♥♥♥
I need one. I still can't settle down. I am so beat up inside.
Sunflowerlife is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunflowerlife For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (06-15-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), venuscat (06-15-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: East Coast
Posts: 853
I'm sorry, Sunflowerlife. I don't have kids myself, but I know being a mom can sometimes seem a thankless job. If it helps, I have never once in my life seen a child misbehave in public and assumed the mother was to blame. People really do understand! Of course you're a good mom. You're trying to improve your life and his, making the best choices you can for your family, and taking care of yourself.

You are virtually welcome to hide under the blanket with me today and hibernate, if you like
ProfessorD is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProfessorD For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (06-15-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-15-2018), venuscat (06-15-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 12:27 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Grateful Member ♥
 
venuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: German Village, Columbus with my love ♥
Posts: 62,946
This is just a lot.
I know you guys have talked to someone about your beautiful boy....tantrums like that are just incredibly awful...especially when they seem to come out of nowhere when you try to take him home....he needs something he can't articulate perhaps and he screams....poor baby.....poor mum....

I hope your husband will be very loving and compassionate. ♥♥♥
venuscat is online now  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-15-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Member
 
PeacefulWater12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: uk
Posts: 1,456
Gratefully coming to the end of day 9.

Onwards.
PeacefulWater12 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeacefulWater12 For This Useful Post:
SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Sunflowerlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,178
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by ProfessorD View Post
I'm sorry, Sunflowerlife. I don't have kids myself, but I know being a mom can sometimes seem a thankless job. If it helps, I have never once in my life seen a child misbehave in public and assumed the mother was to blame. People really do understand! Of course you're a good mom. You're trying to improve your life and his, making the best choices you can for your family, and taking care of yourself.

You are virtually welcome to hide under the blanket with me today and hibernate, if you like
Thank you ProfD. I appreciate the offer. I ate poorly and now I feel awful. I am also going to stop counting binge free days because it's just making me feel worse. I did it out of spite and anger and I knew what I was doing, I just chose not to stop. Tomorrow will be a better day...
Sunflowerlife is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflowerlife For This Useful Post:
SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Sunflowerlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,178
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
This is just a lot.
I know you guys have talked to someone about your beautiful boy....tantrums like that are just incredibly awful...especially when they seem to come out of nowhere when you try to take him home....he needs something he can't articulate perhaps and he screams....poor baby.....poor mum....

I hope your husband will be very loving and compassionate. ♥♥♥
He was not compassionate at all. He did his usual- came home, got pissed that I was in a bad mood and then also took it out on the kids. I had a talk with him and told him (again) that it isn't fair that he comes home in a good mood and then takes on whatever mood I am in for no reason. My mood has nothing to do with him and the kids need a stable parent. When he is not doing well, I take over and I expect the same from him. He has been fine after that- giving me the space I asked for. Thank you honey. I just feel guilty for wishing my son was different but it's been over 5 years of tantrums and I am losing my patience at this point.He is already in therapy so I'm not sure what else I can do...I think I am the one who needs to change my reactions. I need to learn how to stay calm in these moments and then help HIM to calm down somehow.
Sunflowerlife is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunflowerlife For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (06-15-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), venuscat (06-15-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Grateful Member ♥
 
venuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: German Village, Columbus with my love ♥
Posts: 62,946
I have a few ideas....but we are probably better talking about them privately....thoughts on how to keep him calm(er) and you too....I think it's because I come from the other side and did a lot of nanny work....I see how hard the parents are trying and I also got to see how difficult some kids can be....so I may have a few ideas that are new, perhaps.

Love you dear Sunny. xx
venuscat is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 03:23 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Sunflowerlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,178
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I have a few ideas....but we are probably better talking about them privately....thoughts on how to keep him calm(er) and you too....I think it's because I come from the other side and did a lot of nanny work....I see how hard the parents are trying and I also got to see how difficult some kids can be....so I may have a few ideas that are new, perhaps.

Love you dear Sunny. xx
If love to hear them. I did not know you were a nanny. Most of his issues stem from anxiety but he also just has a lot of strong emotions that he doesnít know how to express. he was much worse when he was 4 so I should be grateful at this point. He has actually shown a lot of improvement since he started play therapy. I guess it just threw me off today because I was already in a state of high anxiety myself.
Sunflowerlife is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunflowerlife For This Useful Post:
SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), venuscat (06-15-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 754
Oh Sunflower I have three kids and I have those days as well. ❤️

Day 1 finished for me and Iím very pleased with myself
Sunflower79 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower79 For This Useful Post:
PeacefulWater12 (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-16-2018), venuscat (06-15-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 03:07 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Sunflowerlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,178
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
Oh Sunflower I have three kids and I have those days as well. ❤️

Day 1 finished for me and Iím very pleased with myself
I am happy for you Sunflower
Sunflowerlife is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunflowerlife For This Useful Post:
SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 03:09 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Sunflowerlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,178
Blog Entries: 4
Happy Weekend everyone.
Not in a good mood this morning but I'm hoping a workout will lift my mood. I didn't eat past 3:45 yesterday so the aftermath of my small binge is minimal. Going to do whatever it takes to get through this day with clean, mindful eating. I am not counting days anymore here- it's too upsetting and triggering.

I do, however, commit to 24 hours of abstinence from compulsive overeating. I won't get to an OA meeting this weekend because of Father's Day but am going to check out a new one on Wednesday evening. I wish you all a lovely weekend...
Sunflowerlife is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunflowerlife For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (06-16-2018), PeacefulWater12 (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,212
Good morning, all. I've gradually worked my way through this thread and I'd like to join your group as well, if I may. I've had issues w/food my entire life and have been up and down many times, ranging from being in good enough shape to qualify for and run the Boston Marathon to carrying over 170 lbs on a 5-foot 3-inch frame.

In the last 2 years or so, I've begun to feel a real sense of loathing about how I look. Shame has always been there, but this is a new thing. I'm also increasingly less able to pretend I don't know just how addictive my food behaviors are--once we learn to see, we really can't UN-see, right?

I had attended a handful of OA meetings a few years ago but didn't feel the same sense of belonging as I felt at Alanon. Maybe it was just those particular meetings and I should try again, not sure.

What I AM prepared to do, right now, this minute, is to read and post on this thread as well as commit to not compulsively overeating for the next 24 hours. I signed back up to an online food diary I'd used a number of years ago. I know there is controversy about whether or not to track, as for some people it makes things worse, but for me, it's helpful to have the facts, not just my best guess or my wishful thinking. Plus it doesn't just count calories but also fiber, nutrients, etc., so I can make sure I'm getting what my body needs. And I'm looking into the various sites, books and podcasts mentioned here by others.

I think this thread is really important, and I'm grateful to be here at SR and have access to all this ES&H.

Wishing you all (and me too!) strength and clarity.
honeypig is offline  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to honeypig For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (06-17-2018), biminiblue (06-16-2018), Caramel (06-16-2018), LadyBug66 (07-06-2018), LifeRecovery (06-18-2018), PeacefulWater12 (06-16-2018), ProfessorD (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), SparkleKitty (06-16-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-16-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: East Coast
Posts: 853
Hi Honeypig! The dog in your avatar is so cute
ProfessorD is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProfessorD For This Useful Post:
honeypig (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-16-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: East Coast
Posts: 853
I ate a normal dinner, which brought my calorie count up to where it was yesterday--not too bad, because I didn't work out. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
ProfessorD is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ProfessorD For This Useful Post:
biminiblue (06-16-2018), honeypig (06-16-2018), PeacefulWater12 (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-16-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Grateful Member ♥
 
venuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: German Village, Columbus with my love ♥
Posts: 62,946
Hello honey....so glad you are here with us love. ♥

And love and good morning...not good here today.
venuscat is online now  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
honeypig (06-16-2018), ProfessorD (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Sunflowerlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,178
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hello honey....so glad you are here with us love. ♥

And love and good morning...not good here today.
Sorry Suze. Want to talk about it? Hope you feel better. Is it nice and sunny there? A walk perhaps? Love you
Sunflowerlife is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunflowerlife For This Useful Post:
honeypig (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Grateful Member ♥
 
venuscat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: German Village, Columbus with my love ♥
Posts: 62,946
Not possible. 80% humidity. I cannot breathe outside.
venuscat is online now  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to venuscat For This Useful Post:
honeypig (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Sunflowerlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4,178
Blog Entries: 4
Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Good morning, all. I've gradually worked my way through this thread and I'd like to join your group as well, if I may. I've had issues w/food my entire life and have been up and down many times, ranging from being in good enough shape to qualify for and run the Boston Marathon to carrying over 170 lbs on a 5-foot 3-inch frame.

In the last 2 years or so, I've begun to feel a real sense of loathing about how I look. Shame has always been there, but this is a new thing. I'm also increasingly less able to pretend I don't know just how addictive my food behaviors are--once we learn to see, we really can't UN-see, right?

I had attended a handful of OA meetings a few years ago but didn't feel the same sense of belonging as I felt at Alanon. Maybe it was just those particular meetings and I should try again, not sure.

What I AM prepared to do, right now, this minute, is to read and post on this thread as well as commit to not compulsively overeating for the next 24 hours. I signed back up to an online food diary I'd used a number of years ago. I know there is controversy about whether or not to track, as for some people it makes things worse, but for me, it's helpful to have the facts, not just my best guess or my wishful thinking. Plus it doesn't just count calories but also fiber, nutrients, etc., so I can make sure I'm getting what my body needs. And I'm looking into the various sites, books and podcasts mentioned here by others.

I think this thread is really important, and I'm grateful to be here at SR and have access to all this ES&H.

Wishing you all (and me too!) strength and clarity.
Itís really nice to have you with us Honeypig. I feel the same at about tracking and find that when donít, I slip into a mood of not holding myself accountable and then overeating. I track micros and macros just like you do

You gotta do what works for you! I will also btry tracking my meals on chronometer today.

Wishing you a truly wonderful day
Sunflowerlife is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunflowerlife For This Useful Post:
honeypig (06-16-2018), ProfessorD (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Member
 
SparkleKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,943
Good morning friends.

I'm feeling positive today about my ability to be mindful. Wishing the same to others and strength to those struggling. We can do this!
SparkleKitty is online now  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SparkleKitty For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (06-17-2018), honeypig (06-16-2018), LifeRecovery (06-18-2018), PeacefulWater12 (06-16-2018), ProfessorD (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-16-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 05:36 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Member
 
biminiblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 20,158
I'm on day 900+ for my food tracking without missing a day. It makes a huge difference when I can see it there in writing. I started tracking food eleven years ago, and I've mostly kept to it daily, except when I drank all bets were off on some days. I tried, but it just didn't happen for a couple years there. Back at it fulltime though since 2014. It's the best balancing tool I have for proper nutrition and sufficient (but not too much) food.

Takes five minutes and the payoff is priceless.
biminiblue is offline  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to biminiblue For This Useful Post:
AAPJ (06-17-2018), honeypig (06-16-2018), Mireille (06-16-2018), PeacefulWater12 (06-16-2018), ProfessorD (06-16-2018), SoberLeigh (06-18-2018), Sunflowerlife (06-16-2018), venuscat (06-16-2018), WeaverBird (06-17-2018)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:48 AM.