Notices

Thanksgiving Weekender 22-27 November 2017

Old 11-22-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Peashooter!

Slow witted penguin here just posted on last weeks thread. I have much to be thankful for and I often feel guilty when I have complained about something or other that is not important in the scheme of things.

Great to see some new faces, Weekenders has been running for so long that I don't always know if you are 1st time poster or have just not posted in a while but I think Upstairs, Rainman and axeman are new. Welcome anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

I have been to a book launch, briefly, today (my cousin) and took some flack at work as we are very busy. No one ever mentions the hours of unpaid overtime I do. Still, that takes us back to Dee's superb opening post doesn't it, life's to short to let that sort of thing bother you.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't know where to post this but seeing as it is the start of Thanksgiving weekend this seems like a ggod place.
I got into a huge argument with a friend which was over a misunderstanding today, I think the pressure of the holiday has everyone stressed out and people are on edge.
So normally this would be an excuse for me to have a drink and off I go again looking and praying for day one once again.
I was actually in the store after the argument and picking up some last minute items for dinner tomorrow and I found myself headed to the wine section,
I even went as far as picking up a bottle and was ready to put it in my cart.
Then I had the thought that one bottle would never be enough and I didn't want to get in to my car after the first bottle and drive drunk so I went for the box of wine that holds four bottles (4 x 750 ml ). T hat is when the lights came back on and I went what the ---- are you doing??? So I put the wine back and paid for my items and came home and here I am posting.
22 days sober today and I almost blew it over what I consider to be a misunderstanding. I am grateful to be sober today and grateful that I did not buy that box of wine..

Thank you all.

asixstringNUT !
Old 11-22-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you worked through that Six

D
Old 11-22-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I don't remember last Thanksgiving... I'm sure I was drinking/bingeing.
It will be good to be sober this year.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello, Weekenders!

It's hard to believe this is the eve of my fifth Thanksgiving as a part of SR. Time goes so fast.

The list of things for which I'm grateful is long and that makes me a fortunate person. Sobriety and recovery are right up there on the gratitude list.

This year sort of marks a first for me. My mother died a year ago yesterday. (Technically, a year ago today ... has to do with with the arrival of a hospice care nurse after midnight to sign the certificate.) A year ago, my head was still kind of spinning, even though her death was anticipated and peaceful. I miss her terribly -- and Dad -- but am glad to have them living on in my heart. That always sounds like such a trite thing to say about the loss of someone until you are experiencing it.

Tomorrow will bring a trip to an aunt and uncle's place and then back to my home for a quiet weekend. Amid chaos as most of the first story of my home is being repainted.

My only regret is that I won't have any pumpkin pie on hand. I may need to rectify that.

Best to all.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I fell off for a couple years but willing to try again...
Old 11-22-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uniqueusername View Post
I fell off for a couple years but willing to try again...
No time like now.

Welcome back.

For those of you who have been reading my posts lately: the eagle in the Florida nest/eagle live cam that I follow laid her second egg this afternoon. Let the incubating begin! Last year one of the eggs didn't hatch - I'm hoping they both do and there are two bouncing eaglets in the nest soon.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. I hope that everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

happy thanksgivings everyone, thanks anna

bimini lets hope the eagle don't eat those eggs

welcome back uniqueusername,
Old 11-22-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 11 down now. I took my first antabuse today. I'm joining you guys as I also have so very much to be grateful for. I'll check in tomorrow Happy pre-thanksgiving
Old 11-22-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am so stuffed! I can’t imagine how it’s going to be tomorrow!

Our Thanksgiving is a week-long affair!
Old 11-22-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am thankful for all my FRIENDS! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Old 11-23-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Thanks Dee, so much to be grateful for.....
Old 11-23-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

"Though it's been said many times, many ways:"

I'm extremely grateful for this website, its awesome administrators, and all of the people who visit and read and share and make this such a caring and important community. Stronger Together!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

i am 30 days today and i am so grateful, thank you everyone of you and thank you SR
Old 11-23-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Happy Thankgiving, my friends.

All our stories, histories, and families are rich, complex...and most are fraught with, well, you-name-it. I come to this day out of such a tumultuous year.

Today I choose to leave sadness and pain at the door. I will look around at those who remain in my life — may I be truly thankful. I will participate in goofiness and laughter, in saying grace and stuffing my face, in helping and accepting help with cleaning up. I will participate in snoring in front of the TV. May God make me truly thankful.

I wish each of you here the best day possible. Bless you. Bless yourselves and anyone near you with your beautiful sober presence. You are mighty sober warriors.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Old 11-23-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
So glad to have such a warm place to come to here at SR.
Bixbee I too will strive to leave negativity and just be grateful today for I do have a lot to be grateful for - things that are and equally things that aren't.
Sitting here in a warm house with my cat buddies, drinking decaf and eating pumpkin spice twinkies.... what a breakfast.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy thanksgivings soulshine8! warm house and kitty buddies sounds so fluffy !!!
Old 11-23-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I just realized this may be my first sober Thanksgiving.....last year I had an "F-it" moment and I don't remember anything before that!