Notices

Thanksgiving Weekender 22-27 November 2017

Old 11-29-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Right on !

Bim I occasionally throw things away to keep from eating it, too. The post-Chritmas leftover desserts are the biggies. In fact, if I toss it at home, I have to pour water on it in the bin, to be sure it is too disgusting to fish back out! Talk about weak! I am quite capable of tossing it, and comparatively incapable of resisting if it is sitting there...just waiting to be eaten.

Same applies to booze. I can handle people drinking around me now, but it is ALL locked up here and I don’t have a key.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Yep, I've been known to put dish-soapy water on half sleeves of cookies and then bin them.

Catching myself halfway is the trick. In the past I would eat the whole five bags and then feel physically sick the next day. It's not worth it. I do have that moremoremoremore thing with both sugar and alcohol.

Lot of addicts say that quitting sugar is the only way, even people on this site claim complete abstinence from sugar (which, I'm not even sure what that means, maybe "added" sugar?)

I don't think I can do that forever so I don't subscribe to it, but the compulsion is definitely there and it feels the same as alcohol as far as leaving it if it's there.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
saoutchik

One of the drawbacks of living alone is things like cakes and biscuits have only one destination. I suppose it would help if I was more sociable.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Curmudgeons R Us.

Geez (edit) that sounds worse than I meant it to sound. I'm not very social either. Very small doses of humans suffice. I do like big gatherings, though. Like Figgy Pudding!!! I don't actually have to have meaningful conversations with anyone.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Curmudgeons R Us.
you called?

I've been isolating far too much lately. I'm quite happy with my own company most of the time until I realize I haven't spoken to anyone for three days & have to make an effort to be sociable.

I'm off to do some volunteering at a local river tomorrow though which I'm quite looking forward to - a bit of company, some exercise in the outdoors & hopefully I won't fall in.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm a salesman and by the end of some days I am tired of my own voice and so not very sociable.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

I swear by it

D
Old 11-29-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

"Concentrated Enlightenment" - see, curmudgeonism is a good thing. Enlightened, even.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Dee that's soo funny!

I tried the locked up liqour thing for a while, turns out I'm very good at finding and sneaking away with the key. Who knew?