Old 11-22-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Venecia

Hello, Weekenders!

It's hard to believe this is the eve of my fifth Thanksgiving as a part of SR. Time goes so fast.

The list of things for which I'm grateful is long and that makes me a fortunate person. Sobriety and recovery are right up there on the gratitude list.

This year sort of marks a first for me. My mother died a year ago yesterday. (Technically, a year ago today ... has to do with with the arrival of a hospice care nurse after midnight to sign the certificate.) A year ago, my head was still kind of spinning, even though her death was anticipated and peaceful. I miss her terribly -- and Dad -- but am glad to have them living on in my heart. That always sounds like such a trite thing to say about the loss of someone until you are experiencing it.

Tomorrow will bring a trip to an aunt and uncle's place and then back to my home for a quiet weekend. Amid chaos as most of the first story of my home is being repainted.

My only regret is that I won't have any pumpkin pie on hand. I may need to rectify that.

Best to all.