Notices

Neighbor and pool situation

Old 05-04-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
if there comes a problem, you could say ya upped from shooting horror movie scenes to adult content movies.
prolly wont have a problem after that.
LOL unless they want in on the movies... lol hahaha then I'm in real trouble!!

Old 05-04-2018, 02:14 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
LOL unless they want in on the movies... lol hahaha then I'm in real trouble!!

Or...you distribute said 'movies' and profit.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Pool season is officially on. It is crystal blue and temp is perfect. My husband was vacuuming it over the weekend and the cutie lil' boys peered through the fence and yelled, "why is your shirt off, are you going in the pool?". Oh boy! And so it begins. I txted his mom and said, feel free to bring them for a swim. She declined and said they were going to a birthday party. They never left their house. Watevers...
Tomorrow schools are closed here and my son will be out there with his friends... I'm wondering if I should extend invite again since they will be home... But maybe I shouldn't... but I feel so guilty. But I don't but I do... lol
Old 05-15-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Pool season is officially on. It is crystal blue and temp is perfect. My husband was vacuuming it over the weekend and the cutie lil' boys peered through the fence and yelled, "why is your shirt off, are you going in the pool?". Oh boy! And so it begins. I txted his mom and said, feel free to bring them for a swim. She declined and said they were going to a birthday party. They never left their house. Watevers...
Tomorrow schools are closed here and my son will be out there with his friends... I'm wondering if I should extend invite again since they will be home... But maybe I shouldn't... but I feel so guilty. But I don't but I do... lol
You seem to be going back and forth with this issue. Stand your ground. Invitation only. No matter how adorable the kids are. You know there are liability issues. I don't know where you are but in some states the house owners are accountable for pot being used on their property. And you can be sued if there is an accident. Not worth it. If your neighbors can not see that they are not your friends. Stop worrying about what everyone thinks about you. You are a kind person. Also you need some privacy and peace and quiet.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I agree - it's obvious you're a kind person, Sunshine. I am too - & it's caused me a lot of grief. I wouldn't want to be any different, but maybe a little less concerned about what people think of me. You reached out & made friendly gestures - if they want to be petty & hold grudges, it's sad on their part.

How did it go with school being closed today?
Old 05-16-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

When I was a kid I spent summers with family away from home and the neighbors had kids my age and an in-ground pool.

All the neighborhood kids got invited over on occasion to swim. It is the very best memory I have of summers growing up. We were not allowed to go over without being invited - as it should be! Even if they were out with other people swimming, we still needed an invitation. Our own families were told the rules, and each family told their kids.

The people with the pool had an older kid who was old enough to sit and watch us, but if not - then one of the parents of one of us had to be there while we were in the pool, and it was limited to a couple hours. All of us kids had to be certified as knowing how to swim, or else wear swim flotation. Of course we all wanted to go every day, but realistically we couldn't expect that!

I will always have a fond spot in my heart for that family and their generosity - even if it wasn't as frequent as my eight-year-old ego wanted it to be.

Really great memories. I'll thank you for those kids who have no manners.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

To keep interlopers out, go Full Caddyshack: float a couple of Baby Ruth candy bars in the pool when you're gone.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:36 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Okay so the Baby Ruth candy bar floaters is the best idea yet. The situation isn't upsetting to me anymore it's just kind of funny and I want to keep the soap opera going here. So as far as the day off of school my son had three teenage boys spend the night on Tuesday night. And then at midnight they choose to go swimming which they totally should not have done because it is a work night and I do not let him out there past 10 p.m. out of respect for The Neighbors. And so summer begins... I let them swim for about a half hour before I made them come in. Oh boy...
Old 05-17-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Maybe the guys were in stealth mode & the neighbors didn't hear them?
Old 07-03-2018, 09:38 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hosting a cook out tomorrow. Around 14 coming. Hopefully no one brings alcohol... Not that I would be tempted but I told my family members that it's alcohol-free and I'm worried that some other people may assume that it's okay but it's really not and oh well I always get in these tricky situations. Neighbors are invited so far none have said yes. That's a good thing!
Old 07-04-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your stories :-) Just out of curiosity, do/did the neighbors share their properties? Does somebody else host the Christmas party, someone do the Easter egg roll and someone else host a summer bbq? That could be a fun community if the families took turns. About the pool, I know care and maintainence is time consuming and a bit expensive, and doubt you're getting offers to help. Instead you probably have been cleaning up after, which can get old. For me, the dealbreaker would be the liability. We have a trampoline and extra kids must have their parent to jump. What did your insurance company say?
Old 07-04-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hosting a cook out tomorrow. Around 14 coming. Hopefully no one brings alcohol... Not that I would be tempted but I told my family members that it's alcohol-free and I'm worried that some other people may assume that it's okay but it's really not and oh well I always get in these tricky situations. Neighbors are invited so far none have said yes. That's a good thing!
I was going to host a cookout, but the weather is terrible here in Houston.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Cookout went awesome! No one I invited cared about drinking. The ones who did didn't come. Yay!!! Waiting for dusk to set off fireworks!!

JK so true! All if it. I could have a massive lawsuit if someone got injured. Sad we don't even use the pool if we hear neighbors.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I've been wondering how the summer was progressing. Glad to know all is peaceful thus far.