Notices

Neighbor and pool situation

Old 10-18-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Finally, our long awaited pool update.

I love the Mummy Blood pool pic. It's a very pretty yard & pool, sunshine.
Very nice that the main P.0. has decided to get over herself. It feels awful when neighbors are snotty.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:40 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

My God I read every single comment, I got so invested in this story!! I laughed and I cried.. I raged at the neighbours!!!
I hate uncomfortable neighbour drama, I've been there.. You are my hero lol so very brave.

YOU TOOK BACK YOUR POOL!!
Ty for this journey you took me on I need that tonight lolol
Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Awe thx Mandy... it's funny this seemingly normal aggravation I had covered so many emotions. I felt robbed, betrayed, lied too, I felt scared, embarrassed and ashamed to use my own pool. So many emotions came out of this whole thing... This could have been any situation and to hold in resentments and stay quiet while having a rage build up inside isn't healthy for anyone. So yes, I faced my fears and with the help and support of this thread. I had to confront this very extremely uncomfortable situation head on. I got a lock on my gate and I had to tell them all open invite is no more. GAH... a few months of the silent treatment and dirty looks... and well it is kinda working itself out. Their kids are back to playing in my front yard, which I love and the adults are actually acting like adults now. Besides me having a horror movie shoot in my back yard. Yah... that was odd to have to tell them all that after all the drama. xo
Old 10-18-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What I liked was how open you were about how the neighbor confrontation made you feel. We always think we're the only ones that go through this stuff...and really, most of us have the same insecurities & doubts. To talk about it helps all of us. Not trying to turn the pool saga into anything heavy - but I was really glad you wanted to talk about it here. Entertaining, but helpful too.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Yes, Hevyn the pool thing is heavy in many ways. VERY entertaining as well. I plan to always update this thread. The pool is now pretty much closed, I had my final swim of the season on Sunday while it was purple. I had to share my movie pics. Thx Hevyn for your support along the way. xo
Old 10-18-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very glad you are with us, Sunshine.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

WOW! This had to have been the most exciting thread I have ever read on SR. Thank you so much, made my night. You did very well!!!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Thanks for the pool update.

I would have lost it when the brother had the wild party when he was supposed to be at your place pet sitting.

I still am perplexed as to how a meat thermometer was part of the wild party, I must have an overactive imagination.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Mr

that was great fun. the makings of a film......
"The pool is now pretty much closed, I had my final swim of the season on Sunday"

Is there going to be any more posts or maybe a "Neighbor and pool sitaution 2" ?

You could heat the pool and tell them you were wrong, that the open invite is back on ......... joking.

Well done.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

O.K. errrbody... grab yer popcorn... Pool season is among us. The pool is clean and the weather is upper 80s. We haven't gone in yet but I'm frothing at the bite to start using the pool. The cute lil' boys next door are already asking. They are so adorable... they always run to me and give me hugs. Things are currently wonderful with the neighbors. I'm not ever going to go there again with the open invitation but this is going to be so tricky. I feel like a smuck when we will be out there splashing around and getting cooled off and they are just on the other side of the fence. So I guess I'm gonna try to get my pool time in during my lunch breaks since I work at home and then they are all gone. If we want to swim in the evening we will be quiet. lol Long slow quiet strokes.... No splashing. lol... We will walk very quietly and tip toe in the pool... I have planned a Memorial Day Pool Cook out so I have invited them. We will see. The other neighbors I haven't even seen. So I dunno they probably hate me. The main pool Offendder is right next door. But like I said everything is super cool right now. But I know this is going to be pretty awkward when I do wish to use my own pool!!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:01 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We are with you at this difficult time.

Memorial Day cookout was a great idea.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:13 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Yeah.. I have an 'invite only policy' at my house. There's a couple of close friends that have keys and are welcome if they need a place to crash,housesit,ect..I still have never invited any neighbors to a party at my place for this exact reason. I'm friendly and help them with things if needed,but I don't want to be their 'friend'. My home is where I escape the madness of life(most days,because I also do 75% of my work from home). I'm single with 95% of my friends being married w/kids and they live across town, is also an added bonus.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:15 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
We are with you at this difficult time.

Memorial Day cookout was a great idea.
LOL Yes this if this situation will be my biggest problem then I will count my blessings!! I know some are looking forward to this silly distraction of a soap opera this summer. hee hee hee
Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Omg ty for this update! Lol I'm still invested in the Pool and the intrusive neighbours! It's like a brand new sequel!!
Will there be attempts made to get access to the pool?
Will new neighbours come around?
Will the cute wee ones destroy your defences??

I can't wait to see how this plays out this season!
Please don't tiptoe and hide in your own yard...you use your pool loud and proud and extra splashy! Lol
Old 05-03-2018, 06:46 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Mandy73 LMAO!!
Old 05-03-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm so glad I wasn't the only one excited to see the pool thread pop back up on the front page; it felt like something we all went through together last summer! Great plot, sympathetic narrator...I look forward to my summer reading...
Old 05-03-2018, 07:50 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

When is Memorial Day, anyway?
Old 05-04-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
When is Memorial Day, anyway?
Hey OOTT it's May 27th.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Loud & proud & extra splashy....love it, Mandy.

What concerns me is what happens after Memorial Day. They've been invited - and how generous of sunshine! But will they expect it to be just the beginning of full-on pool privileges for the summer? I'm concerned.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

if there comes a problem, you could say ya upped from shooting horror movie scenes to adult content movies.
prolly wont have a problem after that.